Three Weeks Later... Meta Power 29 Essential Fox

Leeroy678

Apr 29, 2019
Ca11 8eq
What an awesome bike! I can't imagine an bike is better than this for me. I mostly ride steep, rocky, rooty descents and this thing is so stable. The only time I lose control and stack is mostly on steep technical climbs. Wicked machine!
Hi mate.
What size is your bike and how tall are u? Is the cockpit tight my friend has a 27.5 meta power in medium and it felt very small to me. Trying to deside between commensal meta power, canyon specral on and yt decoy.

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
Hi mate.
What size is your bike and how tall are u? Is the cockpit tight my friend has a 27.5 meta power in medium and it felt very small to me. Trying to deside between commensal meta power, canyon specral on and yt decoy.
I am 185cm and was tossing up between L and XL because of reach. Ended up on L and it doesn’t feel cramped but I still reckon I could have gone either way and been happy.

You’d be happy on any of those bikes. They are all great.

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
Hey Polly.
Im considdering the Meta power race fox edition. im also 185 cm, and are tossing up between L and XL. what make you chose the L over det XL. Ive only driven the yamaha pw-x engine so far, how is the E8000? and what about engine noise?

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
Hey Polly.
Im considdering the Meta power race fox edition. im also 185 cm, and are tossing up between L and XL. what make you chose the L over det XL. Ive only driven the yamaha pw-x engine so far, how is the E8000? and what about engine noise?

Can’t speak to engine noise as I have only owned a 1000 watt Bafang motor that is totally silent. E8000 has an optimum cadence that is a little faster than I’d like ( I prefer grinding to spinning) but it’s a great motor.

Chose L over XL for two reasons:
1. Commencal recommend it in their sizing chart, but mainly
2. I own an XL Giant and because of the longer seat tube my dropper post doesn’t go down far enough. Only by 5-10mm which could be cut down but still.... So when dropper is fully extended it is a little higher than I’d like so it’s a bit of a pain in the arse to get the correct seat height sometimes.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I own an XL Giant and because of the longer seat tube my dropper post doesn’t go down far enough. Only by 5-10mm which could be cut down but still.... So when dropper is fully extended it is a little higher than I’d like so it’s a bit of a pain in the arse to get the correct seat height sometimes.

I had the same issue with one of my bikes and dropper posts. Drove me nuts!

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
I had a XL Meta Power for a few days. I normally have rode large frames in the past.
While the reach felt really good, like I could run a 35mm stem with it... and it would feel good..., I would have had to swap to a OneUp dropper and take *maybe* 20mm off the drop height.

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
It is such a huge consideration that buyers can easily overlook especially when there are all these clowns telling everyone that if you are 6 feet tall you NEED a reach of 470-490mm. From memory i think the L is 450 or 460. I have longer arms than usual and I really don’t feel cramped at all on my L. Others results may vary.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles