Thok and Ducati Strike Again

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Thok Ducati collaboration will be launched tomorrow, I think ..........where's my Santa list

IMG_2694.PNG

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some more info ..

A tad heavy ... nice spec though.

I still think the original looked like someone put their heart and sole into the design/paint where as this one looks more like they just asked anyone at Thok who had an hour spare to stick some stickers on.

mig1.jpg

mig2.jpg

Ducati tk01.jpg

It's still a nice (very nice) .. looking bike .. it just doesn't quite visually excite as the original did ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I like it, but would probably cover the Ducati branding
That does improve things.

Here's a review from the same peeps of the original Mig RR, I've chosen that review as it's similar editorially and photographically - though with different reviewers :

4kg's is a huge increase, though is in line/similar to weight gains we've seen this year from other companies as they try to emulate the original Kenevo :) I should weigh mine with it's DH22 indestructo bumper car upgrades - maybe I can compete ?

I think the original manages to appear "Svelte" ! The colour design helps. The downtube and motor appear to be the core and the strength with thin elegant limbs extending off from there to provide all the other bits.

With the new one, at first glance (not helped by the DUCATI CORSE logo) you just notice a giant heavy "A" which makes up the front of the bike composed of the downtube and the forks- with other bits extending off the "A".

I guess it's one of those designs/looks which probably grow on you with time.

Ultimately, for me, it's just a completely different type of bike to the original.

It's a shame Thok have goofed the original Mig by selling it as the Mig 2.0 with an e7000 motor, rather than making the Mig 2.0 with the Ep8 motor. I'm not sure the TK01 line is really an upgrade path for existing Mig owners, either Thok or Ducati. 25% more battery for 20% more bike weight ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think Shimano caused a bit of a problem for a lot of brands by discounting the E8000, and keeping the E7000 as the lower end motor. It doesn't leave brands with any option IMO for a decent motor on lower spec models - they should have discontinued the E7000 and kept the E8000.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You are both wrong :p I prefer the new one with the branding!
How did you type that without errors when you can't even see the screen ?? ;) :p :ROFLMAO:

For those that prefer to see it in "motion" and also admire the other "new" Ducati Mig-S

The old style one - Ducati Mig-S : from 13:17 in the video below. The New Ducati TK01 Mig-RR from 16:30

The Ducati Mig-S ........ we like ........

Interestingly - this will be coming with the newer 630wh external battery !!!!
Head Tube 66 , Seat Tube 74.7
150/140
And they say ..... supplied with the e8000 !!! Motor
22.5kg (Medium)

£4450

migs.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
How did you type that without errors when you can't even see the screen ?? ;) :p :ROFLMAO:

For those that prefer to see it in "motion" and also admire the other "new" Ducati Mig-S

The old style one - Ducati Mig-S : from 13:17 in the video below. The New Ducati TK01 Mig-RR from 16:30

The Ducati Mig-S ........ we like ........

Interestingly - this will be coming with the newer 630wh external battery !!!!
Head Tube 66 , Seat Tube 74.7
150/140
And they say ..... supplied with the e8000 !!! Motor
22.5kg (Medium)

£4450

View attachment 44873

now that is a bike of interest

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
im a long time ducatista, and will stick with the new streetfighter and my levo over these bikes anyday.

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Bike looks immaculate, leathers looking a bit secondhand ?

Lol. The bike was bought brand new out the show room, stripped, spec’d, prepped and raced!!

I never once crashed that bike. Was awesome little bike to ride.

The leathers are like an old friend, we’ve been through some tough times together and they never let me down. Like a safety blanket them ?

Unfortunately some of my other bikes ended up looking worse than my leathers ?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Screenshot_20201206-080616_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Bought one of these in 95. It was awesome to ride, though it spent half of the time in the shop.

It turns out street bikes weren't for me, and this one was the only street machine I ever owned.

That new mig is a beautiful thing. It would look good in yellow like the monster.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
[mention]CBSTD [/mention] how is your TK01 riding?

I must say that I really enjoy the MIG-S, but the TK01 with SP8 is jumping “pick-me! pick-me!” every time I do some web-zapping

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles