Thinking of buying Commencal META POWER RACE 650B+ FOX GREY/BLACK/ORANGE 2018

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I have sold my old Lapierre SX800, and also one of my motorbikes so have some cash to burn on a second e-bike that my boys can use, will also be coming out to the alps with me.

I already own a Devinci AC XT which I love, it has Fox factory front and back with coil and will remain my main bike, so this is predominantly for my boys to use as they can't keep up on analogue bikes.

I have a choice between

Commencal Meta Power Race with Fox Factory Suspension for £4k

Vitus E-sommet VR £3.8k

Canyon Spectral On 7 £3.8k

I prefer the look of the commencal, and it has quite a big reduction as it is a 2018 model with Fox Factory suspension - they say they will also upgrade with 2019 motor and frame protections.

My youngest already rides the Vitus Sommet, so he may prefer the Vitus.

For some reason the Canyon doesn't do it for me, I dont like the way it looks for some reason but it is a good bike, have ridden one.

Thoughts?

I am gonna order soon so any one have experience of the Meta Power Race?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well you can't really go wrong with either the Commie or the Vitus, given your Da Vinci is the long travel version I would probably go with the Commnecal, as the two would make a good stable.

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Well you can't really go wrong with either the Commie or the Vitus, given your Da Vinci is the long travel version I would probably go with the Commnecal, as the two would make a good stable.

Thanks, I needed that. I agree with thinking as well :)

The Commie it is...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles