They are out in the wild!

zilh

Mar 28, 2019
NRW, Germany
Just received my CF Base model today.

A note on the sizes for those concerned; I am 182cm tall, and an inseam of about 80cm. My bike is a Large, which fits well for a more playful bike. I can imagine that I could use the XL just as well, but that might be more stable and less playful, not that this model isn't stable!
IMG_3255.jpg
IMG_3256.jpg

Last edited:

zilh

Mar 28, 2019
NRW, Germany
And is it everything you’d hoped for? I’m 180 tall with long arms. Was torn between L & XL. Ordered the large with the top spec, should be here in a couple of weeks. Can’t bloody wait
Yea, I think so, and more!
Done 2 50km rides in the last 2 days, and both times came home with 2 bars left of battery. I'll hopefully have more time next weekend to try put down a 70k ride. But I certainly see the benefit of a 700wh battery if you want to go further.
At 180cm, I reckon you'll be right with the L. You'll just have to adjust the reach of the dropper quite a bit, its clearly setup with the lowest saddle height in mind when shipped.

A few thoughts:
-I've been pleasantly surprised at how quiet the motor is, it really only gets loud under heavy load. Kick into a higher gear and it quietens down a lot.
-It's been raining really heavily where I am, so everything is very muddy and slippery, but the bike barely skips a beat and just goes through it all. Only twice has it really spun the rear wheel on me.
-The battery is easy to remove but putting it back in is surprisingly a pain. Took me quite a bit of work the first time to put it back in. There's a lot more play for the battery than I was expecting, maybe in anticipation of that larger battery..

Last edited:

zilh

Mar 28, 2019
NRW, Germany
Hi zilh
You said you rode it for 50km with 2 bars left on the battery. But how much was the altitude difference on these two trips??
They were 630m and 700m. I spent a lot of the time also playing with the different modes, trying to learn the feel for each, and also doing quite a bit of riding with the motor off. Boost mode means I could be more relaxed about some of the climbs, while trail mode meant I had to still work hard.

Perhaps for more context, about 20k of those trips was on tarmac, just a necessary evil of getting to those trails.
The first ride was pretty easy in terms of uphill travelling, mostly just moderately smooth forest tracks. The second ride was over some new trails I've never encountered before, which was very narrow, rocky and full of roots, not where I usually go. But thats the beauty of the bike, I'm learning to explore a bit more. I guess in Switzerland you have a little more climbing than I have in Bonn, Germany ;)

silverstone

May 20, 2019
Switzerland
They were 630m and 700m. I spent a lot of the time also playing with the different modes, trying to learn the feel for each, and also doing quite a bit of riding with the motor off. Boost mode means I could be more relaxed about some of the climbs, while trail mode meant I had to still work hard.

Perhaps for more context, about 20k of those trips was on tarmac, just a necessary evil of getting to those trails.
The first ride was pretty easy in terms of uphill travelling, mostly just moderately smooth forest tracks. The second ride was over some new trails I've never encountered before, which was very narrow, rocky and full of roots, not where I usually go. But thats the beauty of the bike, I'm learning to explore a bit more. I guess in Switzerland you have a little more climbing than I have in Bonn, Germany ;)

Thx for the answer!
Yes indeed :) Had a 43km trip last weekend with 1600m altitude difference. 500wh levo battery was down to 6%... A lot of nearly unrideable steep tracks, but it was a lot of fun!
Just curious about what's possible with the yt battery. The specialized 700wh battery is just way to pricey in my opinion.

zilh

Mar 28, 2019
NRW, Germany
Thx for the answer!
Yes indeed :) Had a 43km trip last weekend with 1600m altitude difference. 500wh levo battery was down to 6%... A lot of nearly unrideable steep tracks, but it was a lot of fun!
Just curious about what's possible with the yt battery. The specialized 700wh battery is just way to pricey in my opinion.
Yea, I will have to get my hands on the YT 700wh when it becomes available, but until then I will have plenty of time to get to know the YT better and learn how to play to its strengths.
I would have loved a Levo, but the cost and what you get for it just put me off. Maybe I have just gotten used to having easy access to Canyon, Radon and now YT..

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
And is it everything you’d hoped for? I’m 180 tall with long arms. Was torn between L & XL. Ordered the large with the top spec, should be here in a couple of weeks. Can’t bloody wait

Blimey, your lucky, they quoted me September for the top spec, so annoying!

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
To the guys who haven taken delivery in the UK, what was the delivery time from notification its shipped to arrival. I've just been notified my Pro has been shipped and want to anticipate when it will arrive so that I can pre-book it in for a frame wrap.

Thanks in advance.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
To the guys who haven taken delivery in the UK, what was the delivery time from notification its shipped to arrival. I've just been notified my Pro has been shipped and want to anticipate when it will arrive so that I can pre-book it in for a frame wrap.

Thanks in advance.

About 10 days. The tool box and instructions arrived about 5 days earlier

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France

Thanks in advance.
Hello, when did you order it?
Thanks

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Ordered 18th April. Quoted availability at the time was 15th July and got shopping notification on 17th so pretty much on target.

Can see new orders for same bike are now into December - must be a huge demand.

Test ridden one twice and can't wait for it to arrive. Current Levo will be going on sale very soon ;)

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
Can see new orders for same bike are now into December - must be a huge demand.

Test ridden one twice and can't wait for it to arrive. Current Levo will be going on sale very soon ;)
I ordered mine on April 10, but still nothing YT, my levo is also sold, it starts early August

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I ordered mine on April 10, but still nothing YT, my levo is also sold, it starts early August
In my experience you don't get any updates from YT other then a status change once you've paid. Other than that, once you get to the originally stated availability date keep checking your order status via your account logon as it should change to 'completed', and provide a DHL tracking code a few days after the original availability date - that's what happened to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lee

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles