Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
For Europe the standard settings are: wheel size 2255mm and speed 25km/h
For US, I don't know..

So I reset my settings in BLEvo to 25 km/h and 2255mm, which results in the wheel size of 2255mm in the Specialized Mission control app, which limits the speed to a US-appropriate 20 mph.

So it seems that the actual km/h setting doesn't actually reflect the true speed limit for US bikes, but changing it simply changes the wheel size configuration on the bike which allows the bike to go faster under assistance.

Is this correct?

If so, it would be nice to have an option to display the speed in BLEvo in mph if the "Use miles instead of kilometers" option is selected.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I'm having some trouble getting the speed setting to save on iOS.

I move the km/h slider, then the Warning appears and I select "Yes, please."

Then "You need to restart the bike" appears for a short time at the bottom of the screen, then disappears.

I push the power button on my bike and the bike turns off. I push the power button again and it turns back on.

I re-enter "Bike Setup" on BLEvo and it has returned to the previous speed setting.

I've tried this numerous times with the same result. It has worked before, but I don't remember doing anything differently.

Is there a limit to the range of values that the bike will accept? I was trying to change it from 40 to 50 km/h.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So I reset my settings in BLEvo to 25 km/h and 2255mm, which results in the wheel size of 2255mm in the Specialized Mission control app, which limits the speed to a US-appropriate 20 mph.

So it seems that the actual km/h setting doesn't actually reflect the true speed limit for US bikes, but changing it simply changes the wheel size configuration on the bike which allows the bike to go faster under assistance.

Is this correct?

If so, it would be nice to have an option to display the speed in BLEvo in mph if the "Use miles instead of kilometers" option is selected.

To make sure we mean the same, in BLEvo you should always set the real wheel circumference. You then adjust the speed slider to the desired speed limit and BLEvo will set a fake wheel size setting in the motor which corresponds to the desired speed limit. (this fake setting will also be shown in MC) I am not sure if the slider is mentioned in km/h when the "Use miles instead of kilometers" option is selected. I never tried it as I am living in Europe. If this is the case maybe Paolo can adjust this when releasing a new update.

Based on the 2255 setting I guess you must be driving a 2018 model. So to go back to the original wheel circumference setting you should should leave the real wheel circumference of 2255 in the BLEvo app and then drag the speed slider to 20mph or 32,2km/h (if the speed limit is only available in km/h). You will can then check MC if it shows 2255.

Hope this helps...

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Hello maybe somewone can help me. I have one of the first LEVO FSR COMP. Standaard it had a 460 Wh battery. When I had some problems with that battery I got a brand new 506 Wh. When I connect BLEVO with my bike it says that the battery has 465 Wh with a load of 99 %. Look at the pictures. How come and is it positie to we change the capaciteit off the battery. Everything is working ok with this perfect BLEVO software.

Screenshot_2019-06-12-22-30-38.png

Screenshot_2019-06-11-19-41-44.png

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
To make sure we mean the same, in BLEvo you should always set the real wheel circumference.

Yes, this is how it appears to work. I never change the wheel circumference in BLEvo. Changing the speed in BLEvo just changes the wheel circumference setting in the bike, which is how the speed limit can be adjusted. The bike calculates the speed limit based on the wheel size it has been given.

Based on the 2255 setting I guess you must be driving a 2018 model.

Yes, it is a 2018 Turbo Levo base model.

So to go back to the original wheel circumference setting you should should leave the real wheel circumference of 2255 in the BLEvo app and then drag the speed slider to 20mph or 32,2km/h.

This does not appear to work as you are describing it. Setting the slider to 25 km/h (the default value) causes my U.S. bike to limit the maximum assistance speed to 20 mph, and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 2255. Setting the slider to 40 km/h causes my bike to limit the speed to 32 mph and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 1409.

I assume what this means for U.S. bikes is that the slider just represents a ratio that affects the wheel size that is sent to the bike. It is not instructing the bike what speed limit should be used.

This is what was confusing me before, when in my earlier posts I was asking for the "original value for U.S. bikes". I've since realized that the original speed value in BLEvo is 25 km/h which results in the original wheel size of 2255 being displayed in the Mission Control app, but the actual speed limit is 20 mph, which is the correct speed limit for U.S. Class 1 e-bikes.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hello maybe somewone can help me. I have one of the first LEVO FSR COMP. Standaard it had a 460 Wh battery. When I had some problems with that battery I got a brand new 506 Wh. When I connect BLEVO with my bike it says that the battery has 465 Wh with a load of 99 %. Look at the pictures. How come and is it positie to we change the capaciteit off the battery. Everything is working ok with this perfect BLEVO software.

View attachment 14893

View attachment 14894

View attachment 14895

View attachment 14896

View attachment 14897

I guess Paolo needs to look into this. I know he is travelling at this moment so it can take a while...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, this is how it appears to work. I never change the wheel circumference in BLEvo. Changing the speed in BLEvo just changes the wheel circumference setting in the bike, which is how the speed limit can be adjusted. The bike calculates the speed limit based on the wheel size it has been given.

Yes, it is a 2018 Turbo Levo base model.

This does not appear to work as you are describing it. Setting the slider to 25 km/h (the default value) causes my U.S. bike to limit the maximum assistance speed to 20 mph, and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 2255. Setting the slider to 40 km/h causes my bike to limit the speed to 32 mph and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 1409.

I assume what this means for U.S. bikes is that the slider just represents a ratio that affects the wheel size that is sent to the bike. It is not instructing the bike what speed limit should be used.

This is what was confusing me before, when in my earlier posts I was asking for the "original value for U.S. bikes". I've since realized that the original speed value in BLEvo is 25 km/h which results in the original wheel size of 2255 being displayed in the Mission Control app, but the actual speed limit is 20 mph, which is the correct speed limit for U.S. Class 1 e-bikes.

I have found the table below which was shared before. I believe based on your findings of previous post, BLEvo's speed limit setting is just programmed for European market.
1560373819212.png

You will see as you wrote in your last post:
"Setting the slider to 25 km/h (the default value) causes my U.S. bike to limit the maximum assistance speed to 20 mph, and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 2255. Setting the slider to 40 km/h causes my bike to limit the speed to 32 mph and the wheel size displayed in Specialized Mission Control is 1409."

When the original wheel circumference setting of 2255 (which is linked to the European speed limit of 25km/h) is stored via BLEvo into the motor it results based on the US bike firmware in a speed limit of 20mph.

So from my perspective when you would like to reset the wheel circumference, as US owner, to the original value of 2255 in the motor and MC you should select a European speed limit of 25km/h in BLEvo.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
So from my perspective when you would like to reset the wheel circumference, as US owner, to the original value of 2255 in the motor and MC you should select a European speed limit of 25km/h in BLEvo.

Yes, I've tested this and it seems correct.

It should be possible to create a similar table for the U.S. I will work on this and report back.

Do you have any thoughts on why I am having trouble saving the speed value (see my other post above)?

Thanks!

Alan

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, I've tested this and it seems correct.

It should be possible to create a similar table for the U.S. I will work on this and report back.

Do you have any thoughts on why I am having trouble saving the speed value (see my other post above)?

Thanks!

Alan

I can’t explain the troubles you are having. I am only wondering, once you change the speed limit in BLEvo to 25km/h and restart the bike, which wheel circumference you are seeing in MC. From my point of view this should be 2255.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I can’t explain the troubles you are having. I am only wondering, once you change the speed limit in BLEvo to 25km/h and restart the bike, which wheel circumference you are seeing in MC. From my point of view this should be 2255.

So to answer your question: after I change the speed limit in BLEvo to 25 km/h and restart the bike, I then disconnect and reconnect BLEvo only to find that the speed limit is back to where it started. My change did not save.

Just now I started a new ride in BLEvo, then I went into Bike Setup and changed the speed and this time it worked. I was then able to change the value several more times and it worked every time.

So perhaps there is a bug somewhere in BLEvo that it is causing it not to save the new value in some circumstances.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
Using blevo in the USA , what are people running
For speed ? Are people really getting there levo motors to assist up to 50 mph?

My 2018 Turbo Levo tops out around 30 if I'm pedaling really fast. I'm setting the speed limit to 50 km/h (40 mph) just so the limiter never comes close to getting in the way.

Some people have swapped out their front chainrings to provide a taller gear ratio and a correspondingly higher top speed.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
View attachment 14913
“Restore default assistance...”
What does this do? It’s not mentioned in the manual.

I also checked the Android version and Android manual. I did find the setting in the Android version too but also I couldn't find the exact explanation in the manual. The setting is activated within my settings.

If I remember well I think this feature is added after a question of a rider some while ago. However I am not 100% sure. I think to remember that this setting is added to restore the default setting after ending a ride with smart power. If the assistance was changed due to smart power it then restores the default support setting within the bike when ending the ride.

Maybe you can check if it works in this way or wait until Paolo is back again.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Since you can change assistance on the bottom part of the iOS version I guess this means when changing modes between Turbo etc asistance % is changed back to its set values.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It works now with heart rate. However, I think the app is a bit slow to react. I have set the pulse to max 130 with +-3. Reactivity of assistance is set to high.
Should I instead select +-10 so make it react faster?
If you select +/- 10 the react is slower..
But what you mean for faster reaction with heart rate?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
@PaoloBLEvo I see you have been very busy adding new features and answering questions which is great. One feature I would like for SmartPower is to pre-programme the amount of rider leg power and or hr required so it will change over time. Say start at 100w for 10 minutes then increase to 250w for 2 minutes then recover at 150w for 5 minutes, if we could enter settings in a table we could create a training ride. At the moment I have to change it manually and risk crashing the bike. Is this something that would be possible?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo I see you have been very busy adding new features and answering questions which is great. One feature I would like for SmartPower is to pre-programme the amount of rider leg power and or hr required so it will change over time. Say start at 100w for 10 minutes then increase to 250w for 2 minutes then recover at 150w for 5 minutes, if we could enter settings in a table we could create a training ride. At the moment I have to change it manually and risk crashing the bike. Is this something that would be possible?
Yes, it could be possible but not so easy to prepare..
In the meantime you can use the remote control, so you will have always the hand on the handlebar..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
About the speed limit and the wheel size, all the settings are true for european bike..
The speed limit is a consequence of the real wheel size and the wheel size stored in the motor (the value that you see on Mission Control).
So if the MC wheel size is 2255mm, and the real wheel size is 2255mm, the speed limit will be 25 km/h.. but if the bike is in US, the speed limit will be higher..
Maybe I need to detect the region of the bike, but I didn't find the parameter..

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
So I am picking up my 2019 next (USA Bike). If I have the newest software/firmware/hardware, I will NOT be able to adjust my wheel size. Is that correct?

Also, will I be able to adjust the assist level in each of the three modes?

Sorry for the question, but there have been so many changes between years and versions. Just a little confusing.

Chad

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So I am picking up my 2019 next (USA Bike). If I have the newest software/firmware/hardware, I will NOT be able to adjust my wheel size. Is that correct?

Sorry for the question, but there have been so many changes between years and versions. Just a little confusing.

Chad

Hi Chad,

Check this post:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums
Two newest firmware versions, you can't adjust via BLEvo.

Yes, you will be able to change assist level in each mode. (eco, trail & turbo)

Good luck with your new bike!

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA

Chad
I got my 2019 Comp a month ago and the wheel size stays fixed at the factory default. I think BLEvo allowed me to adjust it but the bike ignores the change. On restart BLEvo shows it’s back to default.

You can change the 3 static assist levels with BLEvo. It does everything the free Specialized Mission Control app does. But only BLEvo can dynamically adjust the assist based on how hard you’re pedaling and your heart rate while riding. You have full control over which, if any, of the three modes you want smart power and/or smart heart to be active. If the smart features aren’t enabled in a particular mode you can adjust the assist while riding using the +/- buttons in the app. All very cool. :)

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
@Maastricht - Thanks for that confirmation. I see you answer a lot of posts on this thread. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

So for people like me, other than being a really cool way to monitor a lot of different values for the bike, what can the BLEvo really be used for now, since it’s most popular feature as a speed hack is gone?

Thanks again.

Chad

PS, I just saw @Jeff H post after I posted this post. Thanks Jeff!

Last edited:

Madk higgins

Jun 5, 2019
London
I have just bought a levo 19, and would love to increase the speed to 20mph. Is there a likelihood that the Blevo app will allow this to be done in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles