Status
Not open for further replies.

madcow

Jan 28, 2019
DE
Hey Paolo,
As told before - I love Blevo :) Keep up the great work!

But one question: Sometimes I have the feeling when changing between the support levels (via remote) it is very laggy. It takes up to one second until the change has been made (beep from battery). Sometimes the click on the remote has been missed at all.
I'm using Smart HR - maybe the system is overloaded due to the frequent changes from Blevo?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Where are are the auto pause settings in the IOS version of Blevo? We stop to wait for slower riders in our group ride sometimes and I always show a slower mph average than the other bikes that are going my speed.
The auto pause configuration is not present. BLEvo pause the recording if the speed is lower than 2km/h for 5 seconds.
Which kind off speed you use? GPS or Bike sensor?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
PaoloBLEvo I have to ask you a question. And apologies if it is not in your area of expertise. Are you ever considering aligning or manufacturing a security device with your App for the Levo range? I have been looking for a GPS based security system similar to that offered by PowUnity PowUnity - Sicherheit für dein E-Bike - Powunity who manufacture one for other brands but not yet for Specialized bikes. Is it something you could do or even adapt to work in with BLEvo???
Sorry but this solution is only available via hardware.. With the phone connected via Bluetooth is very easy to break this security system..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hey Paolo,

But one question: Sometimes I have the feeling when changing between the support levels (via remote) it is very laggy. It takes up to one second until the change has been made (beep from battery). Sometimes the click on the remote has been missed at all.
I'm using Smart HR - maybe the system is overloaded due to the frequent changes from Blevo?
Sorry, but I don't know.. You can try deactivating the Smart HR and see if the issue still present..

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
Hey Paolo,

On my last longer rides (80-90 km) i made the same observation (but with Smart Power). And i feel that the longer the ride the more often there is the delay between button-press and level change.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hey Paolo,

Do you mean the original remote which came with the Levo or the optional osynce remote? If you meant the original remote a delay would be strange as the signal doesn’t run via BLEvo but directly via the TCU.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
Do you mean the original remote which came with the Levo or the optional osynce remote? If you meant the original remote a delay would be strange as the signal doesn’t run via BLEvo but directly via the TCU.

I use the original remote. It must be a difference, if i use Smart Power, because BLevo must interact with the TCU. Smart Power modi are not stored permanently, only in BLevo. Without BLevo i have only the stored modi, but without delay after button press.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I use the original remote. It must be a difference, if i use Smart Power, because BLevo must interact with the TCU. Smart Power modi are not stored permanently, only in BLevo. Without BLevo i have only the stored modi, but without delay after button press.

From my perspective, with or without smart power or BLEvo, the modus between eco, trail and turbo should change instantly when pressing the orginal Levo remote control. You can see the blue mode leds on the TCU when changing the mode.

Of course there can be a slight delay when BLEvo then recognizes that the button is pressed from eco to trail for example. BLEvo reads the mode setting (eco, trail, turbo) from the TCU and then starts with the smart power calculation. It will then adjust the support percentage for the selected mode. This can take a few seconds as the mode setting first needs to be read via bluetooth, then the smart power logarithm has to be calculated and send via bluetooth back to the TCU again. This is maybe what you experienced.

The mode setting however should change instantly (check blue lights of the TCU) after pressing the original remote as the signal doesn’t run via BLEvo but directly to the TCU.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
From my perspective, with or without smart power or BLEvo, the modus between eco, trail and turbo should change instantly when pressing the orginal Levo remote control. You can see the blue mode leds on the TCU when changing the mode.

Of course there can be a slight delay when BLEvo then recognizes that the button is pressed from eco to trail for example. BLEvo reads the mode setting (eco, trail, turbo) from the TCU and then starts with the smart power calculation. It will then adjust the support percentage for the selected mode. This can take a few seconds as the mode setting first needs to be read via bluetooth, then the smart power logarithm has to be calculated and send via bluetooth back to the TCU again. This is maybe what you experienced.

The mode setting however should change instantly (check blue lights of the TCU) after pressing the original remote as the signal doesn’t run via BLEvo but directly to the TCU.

I have a 2018 Levo with the green leds at the battery. So the mode change is only visible via BLevo.

But it is not such a problem. BLevo is the best app for my LEvo.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I have a 2018 Levo with the green leds at the battery. So the mode change is only visible via BLevo.

But it is not such a problem. BLevo is the best app for my LEvo.
I agree but actually it doesn’t matter which Levo you have 2018 or 2019. In both cases the remote is connected with a fixed wire to the TCU or motor. The principle is the same.

The button change command of the remote doesn’t run via BLEvo so this can’t cause any delay at least from my perspective.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Oh forget this, I just watched a video. It's just a remote control
Turn by turn navigation is not implemented.. You can do by your self adding the waypoints where you have doubt where you need to turn..
Usually you don't require to have a turn by turn at every turn.. obviously not on the street but in the "forest"..

madcow

Jan 28, 2019
DE

Yes, I mean the original remote.
I will check it soon with non Smart Settings. However, it could take a little while.
Shitty weather incoming here in Germany...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
levo 2019 6.3 software, is it correct that with this version (shuttle mode activate) no other bluetooth gadget like BLevo works?
Sorry but I don't know this kind of version.. Could you post the screenshot where you get this value?

mwk

Apr 25, 2019
USA
PaoloBLEvo,

April 26, 2019
I just purchased a new 2019 Levo. Apparently, there is new firmware loaded for the display unit that absolutely prevents any changes to speed limitations. Derestriction is imposible whether through BLEvo or BlueLight. Any changes that are attempted do not hold. The system automatically reverts to the manufacturer’s settings.

I do not want to make a hardware change—cutting wires, etc. I like to be able to switch back and forth as needed, so that I can have no speed limiter on private property but keep it for use on public roads (USA). Any help would be appreciated.

Interestingly, we purchased a Levo for my son that the shop evidently neglected to update the firmware on, and it works fabulously with BLEvo and BlueLight. Not the newest one, though. I have visited a number of shops and on every bike the story is the same.

I would love to hear that I am simply approaching the problem incorrectly and find that there is a solution.

villho

May 26, 2018
Siuntio,Finland
Others have been commenting the same and I do it as well:
I'm planning to make a switch from iPhone to Android and I already purchased BLevo for my Android phone. I was happy to see that Android version has much more things to tinker with, but I was disappointed about the lagginess of assistance level changes. It was noticeable with iPhone app as well, but not that it would have bothered too much. Now, with Android app, there were many times on yesterday's ride that a change didn't register at all and often there were at least a second delay. Really annoying. I did notice that if I stop pedaling, then the change registers much better, so there has to be something with that. In any case, without BLevo connected: no delay.

Bike 2018 Levo with the factory (wired) remote.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
I'm planning to make a switch from iPhone to Android and I already purchased BLevo for my Android phone. I was happy to see that Android version has much more things to tinker with, but I was disappointed about the lagginess of assistance level changes. It was noticeable with iPhone app as well, but not that it would have bothered too much. Now, with Android app, there were many times on yesterday's ride that a change didn't register at all and often there were at least a second delay. Really annoying. I did notice that if I stop pedaling, then the change registers much better, so there has to be something with that. In any case, without BLevo connected: no delay.

This is totally my observation. But @Maastricht says that this can not be!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Tomorrow I will ride and I will check..
I never use the wired remote control so I didn't notify this issue... sorry..
I usually keep the ride in ECO with full dynamic assistance..
I will let you know..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
This is totally my observation. But @Maastricht says that this can not be!!

Hi Kellermann,

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I haven’t said there can’t be ANY delay.

I only said a delay can’t be possible, from my perspective, when selecting a change of assistance setting button on the original remote as that signal goes directly via fixed cable to either the motor (2018 version) or TCU (2019 version) and therefore the assistance change request isn’t being processed via BLEvo first.

I also tried to explain that there can be a slight delay when using BLEvo smart power as the assistance percentage is then constantly being recalculated by BLEvo and send to the bike with the assistance setting which is selected for example eco/trail or turbo.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I think, only @PaoloBLEvo can solve it. But it is fact, that not only my bike shows the delay.

I agree, if the delay is caused by the reading of the selected support level (after pressing the fixed remote) via bluetooth, the processing time of the Smart Power / Smart HR algorithm and sending the required support level via bluetooth back to the bike again then Paolo might be able to solve it.

It can also be that the TCU is just not responsive enough to send the new support setting (after pressing the remote) via bluetooth to BLEvo and read the new calculated support setting via bluetooth that quickly. In this case a solution will be very hard to find from my perspective.

I hope Paolo is able to find the root cause and I am curious about the outcome.

villho

May 26, 2018
Siuntio,Finland
One thing still: I don't know, if this might have an impact on registering the assistance level changes when using BLevo, but my iPhone is 8+, so quite a decent amount of processing power, but the Android phone that I used was LG G2, so already an old-ish model. I did not however have any other apps running in the background, so I would assume that LG G2 should have enough power for the app.

In any case, there is a clear difference, when not using BLevo (changes are instantaneous) and using the app. And also, a difference between behaviour between iPhone and Android apps (disclaimer about the phone differences, though). With both phones, the assistance level changes register better, when I stop pedaling (or even just ease it down for short period of time) and once I hear the beep, then continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles