Status
Not open for further replies.

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Hi, I just bought a levo 2020 comp in Switzerland (TCU 3.038 , 26B and firmware 2.4.4.i guess the most recent ones ), 120 km ridden, and I d really like to have the advice of this highly competent forum on MC and BLEVO.
I struggle with both . MC does not currently even pair with the Apple Watch (Blevo does it, not well enough but it does ) and that s simply ridiculous for an ebike of that price (and a rather amateurish UI - not a compliment unfortunately, a laughing stock just like many automotive apps like Merc or Porsche - demonstrates that app development is not a side hobby or should not be...). Blevo is a noble individual effort and seems to do a lot more ( though it does not even have a UI to speak of) yet, as a beginner, it appears to me to be failing on various levels:
- the main dashboard kinda Often freezes between modes (eco, trail , turbo) until the user manually switches from one to the other. until then the levels of assistance appear to be somehow unresponsive to The changes in HR, and often random
- it pairs with the Apple Watch and occasionally loses the heart rate tracking (that s normal) but unlike Strava and other fitness app that quickly reconnect and show the right HR soon after, Blevo takes a lot longer to do it. one can see the HR reappearing on the fitness app while blevo is blind (Is it waiting for the fitness app to read from health kit? Why can’t blevo read straight from health kit?) This makes smart HR hardly usable.
- using only smart HR (not smart power) and a threshold of e.g. 130 bpm +- 3. with the highest responsiveness Setting, blevo is anyway super slow to increase assistance . E.g. with eco at 4% (range 1% to 79% in configuration) and HR quickly jumping to 140 on a hill climb, blevo Slowly makes progressive adjustments in 3% increments Which are nowhere near enough to keep the HR under control...Instead of quickly ramping up the assistance, which is then needed by changing mode (eg eco to trail)

thanks a lot!
Actually you can set delay of increment and % of increment, to adjust the response. Setting low delay and %max the increment should be very fast

Swiss_Rider

Jun 22, 2020
Switzerland
Hi,
thanks for the advice. I was trying to do that by maxing the "reactivity of assistance changes" (on an iphone, like in the picture) . Yet, eg., in trail mode that still only increases the assistance by 3% steps and by the time blevo has added 10% the heart rate is already far out of control due to the sharp incline...
where can i decide the % of increase for each step?

thanks a lot!

IMG_0916.jpg

Actually you can set delay of increment and % of increment, to adjust the response. Setting low delay and %max the increment should be very fast

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Apologies, I don't know the iOS version...I was actually describing the android one, maybe there are discrepancies in regard of this...

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
This may not be a specific BLEvo question, but I’ll ask anyway.

I use BLEvo along with the o-synce remote, I sometimes use ViewRanger for mapping. Is there a way to use the remote button to swap between BLEvo and ViewRanger Apps....?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
This may not be a specific BLEvo question, but I’ll ask anyway.

I use BLEvo along with the o-synce remote, I sometimes use ViewRanger for mapping. Is there a way to use the remote button to swap between BLEvo and ViewRanger Apps....?
No sorry.. The remote control is used only by BLEvo..
Why you want to switch to ViewRanger App? Which functionality you like in it?

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
I’m in the UK and I like the OS maps, plus I have some routes on ViewRanger that can’t be exported in GPX format (they are marked as private by the owner) so I can’t import them to BLEvo.
You may imagine if everyone asks to switch from blevo to his preferred app... personally I like very much the way Paolo implemented the map section. I can suggest you to map a hardware button to switch to the last open app, it works perfectly if you have a BV for example with the yellow button which is unused if you don't have the ptt

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
You may imagine if everyone asks to switch from blevo to his preferred app... personally I like very much the way Paolo implemented the map section. I can suggest you to map a hardware button to switch to the last open app, it works perfectly if you have a BV for example with the yellow button which is unused if you don't have the ptt
Don’t get me wrong, I love BLEvo and the way the mapping works. I have it dialled in such that I can drop a route on my laptop/ipad in my OneDrive folder and it syncs all the way to the BLEvo folder on my phone so it’s super easy to use. It just some routes I have on ViewRanger are locked so I can only follow them using their app.

Its no biggie, I can always create the route myself and then copy it to BLEvo.

Thanks for the suggestion of mapping a hardware button, I use my old Galaxy S5 and I may be able to do something..?

Stew15

Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Sorry but I don't know if in the future I will do the integration with this..
Ok Thanks for considering. One more request that I think is a lot easier - can you please change the "send GPX" button to "Download GPX"? Unless I am missing something it seems that the only way to get GPX ride data out of Blevo into another app (such as Relive) is to send it to yourself via email and then open the attachment into Relive. I think in IOS if this is changed to a download function it will mean the GPX file can be opened direct into other apps as well as being able to email it.
Thanks!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ok Thanks for considering. One more request that I think is a lot easier - can you please change the "send GPX" button to "Download GPX"? Unless I am missing something it seems that the only way to get GPX ride data out of Blevo into another app (such as Relive) is to send it to yourself via email and then open the attachment into Relive. I think in IOS if this is changed to a download function it will mean the GPX file can be opened direct into other apps as well as being able to email it.
Thanks!
I will try to change this button.. In Android is easier than iOS..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today Garmin wrote me to inform me that shortly they will release an update for all watches in which there will be the possibility to configure it to send cardio information with the normal Bluetooth protocol so that they are seen as normal heart rate belts.
Then you can record the heart rate of your watch in BLEvo without having a special heart rate belt.
This functionality should already be available for the following watches
Fenix 6, Forerunner 245, 645
through the virtual Race ..
I would say this is excellent news ...

1593204409960.png

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Is there a way to configure how often BLEvo records location points? The default setting is nice on storage space but seems to be chopping off parts of quickly turning trails. (see attached) I have the configuration set to use bike data instead of GPS so I'm guessing the computed distance wouldn't be affected. However, if that weren't the case then using GPS data might result in a different distance measurement, too short in this example.

Screenshot_20200708-060741.png

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Paolo, I added a 2020 SL Expert Carbon to my bike roster last week. I was able to figure out how to get Mission Control to switch from my Sworks to my SL, but I can't figure out how to easily get Blevo to adjust between the two bikes. On my first ride, I managed to get it to adjust by fumbling around but I have no idea what I did. Last night I just couldn't get Blevo to stop looking for the Sworks and find the SL instead. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, can you help?

s6.jpg

sl 9.jpg

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Another device that can be used for BLEvo...
This one is even less expensive. As far as I can see it has an OLED screen which should make it more energy efficient and viewable from wider angles. No Face ID on this one either - that's a big plus.

LEMFO LEM T 3G+32G 2.86 Inch HD Screen 4G-LTE Watch Phone Play Store 2700MAH GPS Wifi Smart Watch Smart Wearable Device from Consumer Electronics on banggood.com

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 6.10.31 pm.png

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
Pablo, I added a 2020 SL Expert Carbon to my bike roster last week. I was able to figure out how to get Mission Control to switch from my Sworks to my SL, but I can't figure out how to easily get Blevo to adjust between the two bikes. On my first ride, I managed to get it to adjust by fumbling around but I have no idea what I did. Last night I just couldn't get Blevo to stop looking for the Sworks and find the SL instead. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, can you help?

View attachment 35366

View attachment 35367
I,too, have two bikes with BLEvo. I was pleased that it picked up the SL and remembers it. One thing I noticed was is that it is best if I start the bike first before opening the BLEvo app. No issues since.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi , what do I need to check to see if a phone will work with Blevo ?

Gps and blutoth ?

is this ok ?
This lists the best devices and should help.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FdndbYis42Xs3r8ydFVkXVJgolDjODwrXhr7lq1dPvs/edit#gid=0

blevo devices.jpg

I'd like something much smaller than the Blackview. This is the smallest. Smaller battery of course but presumably also much lower power usage.

JELLY PRO

Last edited:

Wrighty

Jul 13, 2020
Staffordshire uk
Hi, Thanks for making this app for us, been using for a year now. Ant+ for rider power would be good for when on other bikes so could keep the same app as well as the Garmin. Open up the
BLEvo is too good not to become the standard interface at very little cost of Bluetooth connection on display unit on Tongsheng TSDZ2 or Befang display, a power meter input was £500 on any bike years ago and you get it for almost free with BLEvo. Worth a phone call I think ?

just posted on you forum
“Just found out the the Levo Bluetooth battery will work on other ebike kits and BLEvo still works on motor power but missing rider input, I now think this app is as good as the £500 Garmin product’s. With ant+ support for rider power the app could keep growing, it would work with a Bluetooth shunt device if they make one for amps if you have not got a specialized Bluetooth battery. I use a 100amp shunt for my cycle analyst that reads the same as your app, on a test the using 62watts the cycle analyst said 62watts as well, the Levo battery is slightly wrong an watthours at 95% as the cycle analyst was 100% correct, the Levo battery would say 67 watthours used in one hour. I could see how your app could be used by Befang very easy with Bluetooth in the motor”
Chris

Wrighty

Jul 13, 2020
Staffordshire uk
With the amps and the internal clock being incorrect in the Levo battery could lead to a motor efficiency of over 100%, a question asked of you in previous posts the cycle analyst at 62 watts constant draw gave 62watts/hours as you would get a different calculation using the battery info on the battery used on the battery percentage left using mission control or battery status. The watts calculation would be 62 x 60x60 to give watt/ hours?
In real life test at the rear wheel the Tongsheng TDSZ2 kit I am playing with was only 70% efficient at 70rpm, at 80rpm the efficiency drops below 70% as the motor is at maximum rpm, not a Levo replacement as I can go at 80 to 90 with the Levo but if you can put up with low cadence of the Tongsheng it not far off a Levo motor wise.
I will be testing the Levo real life motor efficiency soon?

Wrighty

Jul 13, 2020
Staffordshire uk
With Garmin giving heartrate Bluetooth connection for your app, the Fenix watches already allow Ant+ broadcasts which works better than Bluetooth because it just works to multi items without any fuss, you could have 6+items on Ant+ without worrying about connections , on a bike I have used my Fenix to record heat rate but because you watch is on your wrist it’s bounced around and you get spikes all the time, the data is rubbish for max heart rate and you get incorrect data, not used the latest version but it needs to be on something other than a wrist to work properly.
Ant+ seams to work better for chest straps as well, got polar G10 for gym, Bluetooth and ant+, no ant+ In iPhone Is a problem but just got a black view for handle bars after reading this post, get four days easy with a 6500 battery for £170.?

markfitton

Jul 6, 2020
uk
With Garmin giving heartrate Bluetooth connection for your app, the Fenix watches already allow Ant+ broadcasts which works better than Bluetooth because it just works to multi items without any fuss, you could have 6+items on Ant+ without worrying about connections , on a bike I have used my Fenix to record heat rate but because you watch is on your wrist it’s bounced around and you get spikes all the time, the data is rubbish for max heart rate and you get incorrect data, not used the latest version but it needs to be on something other than a wrist to work properly.
Ant+ seams to work better for chest straps as well, got polar G10 for gym, Bluetooth and ant+, no ant+ In iPhone Is a problem but just got a black view for handle bars after reading this post, get four days easy with a 6500 battery for £170.?
ok something I understand, looking at the Blackview 5500 plus for £100 but I can't find out if the phone holder works with this depth of phone 1.4 cm.

which holder are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles