Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Do you have a photo of the BV6000 on the GUB holder..? I have the same holder and it fits my thin (~8mm) Galaxy S5 very nicly. I note the BV6000 is nearly twice as thick at 14mm. Do the little arms hold the phone ok..?

I'll have a look at the powerpack..;-)

The bracket really hold the BV6000 very well. I crashed couple of times but although I felt of the bike the phone kept attached. Paolo rides with the same bracket and BV6000 too. Also he didn't experience any issues. I can only recommend it instead of a separate powerpack (which add extra weight too) and a connection cable which is never waterproof. When I return home I just wash the bike and even let the phone just on the bike. No issues at all. Of course I wished it was a little thinner and less heavy but we haven't found a better alternative with a bigger battery yet which also includes a barometer.

C5F15C21-97A7-4F61-ADE0-51DCE0D50770.jpeg
125D6FCE-E83A-441E-8AE0-CDBB273032CB.jpeg
4D3E2675-1906-40FC-B5B1-A017A49A2147.jpeg
6D46E312-479E-4529-8BDC-47F9D1702919.jpeg
424E27DA-3574-4163-8362-D6F8C02584A7.jpeg
03A2E357-FB4B-4946-9C37-D85B4C47731D.jpeg

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Great thanks...(y)

I guess the holder can grip the case ok, even though they little "prongs" only go halfway up the phone...?

I see you also have the rotatable version of the holder, can you just move it round by twisting the holder or do you need to loosen the screw..?
Hi, yes the grip is ok and you can rotate the holder without loosening the screw. It also doesn’t vibrate although it’s rotatable.

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I use my iPhone 8 in a Delta brand holder, center of my bars. I’ve gone over the bars and sideways several times in the last month, no damage to the phone. However, I did pay for AppleCare, so even if it got damaged I’d have a new one on the way.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, the items above have got me thinking.......

I actually use google drive for moving GPX files between source (eg download on PC or ipad) and getting them to my Blevo phone (the Blevo phone is just a wifi device) - It works really well, however the process to download them from google drive and then move them to the GPX folder on the phone can be a little tedious (not helped by the fact the download seems to rename them to XML.

Could there be an option in Blevo to have a "Custom" or "Additional" GPX folder that could be configured in the settings and Blevo would then show the files in that folder in addition to the standard GPX folder?
It is possible, but I think for now it is better to copy every GPX under /BLEvo/GPX folder.. You can do with a file manager in the Android phone.. it is faster than BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Blevo stopped sending the recorded route to Strava. Says error 2.
I have the latest update on Blevo.
Could you try to repeat the Authentication procedure? Let me know if it works.
Strava changed its authentication procedure few time ago..

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
What process is everyone using to create their routes and load them to BLevo.

I’m usually finding routes from Komoot/TrailForks/ViewRanger and then I prefer ViewRanger as the tool to modify the route and then export the GPX file.

With my new sync process I then put the GPX file into a folder on my PC which syncs to the ../BLevo/gpx folder on my phone.

Do you have other tools for creating routes..?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

I’m usually finding routes from Komoot/TrailForks/ViewRanger and then I prefer ViewRanger as the tool to modify the route and then export the GPX file.

With my new sync process I then put the GPX file into a folder on my PC which syncs to the ../BLevo/gpx folder on my phone.

Hi,

I always use www.GPSies.com or download a route from Strava. Once I have these on my PC I just send them in one mail to my own mailbox. I then open my mailbox on the BV6000 and open the files in BLEvo. They are then automatically saved too. Other methods is connecting the BV6000 to the PC via the USB cable.

Maybe the Google drive option is easier if you download many trails. I have "just" downloaded about 40 routes and saved them now in the BV6000 and grouped them by folder so I can easily find them. For me still plenty enough routes to ride so no need to constantly sync to Google Drive. Maybe I am old fashioned. ;)

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU

You can eliminate the gpx device jiggle by creating the gpx on your device even offline out in the bush

Android - GPS Waypoints Navigator - it looks like the paid version is required for gpx export to BLEvo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discipleskies.android.gpswaypointsnavigator&hl=en

iOS - Maps 3D Pro

‎Maps 3D PRO - Outdoor GPS

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Hi,

I always use www.GPSies.com or download a route from Strava. Once I have these on my PC I just send them in one mail to my own mailbox. I then open my mailbox on the BV6000 and open the files in BLEvo. They are then automatically saved too. Other methods is connecting the BV6000 to the PC via the USB cable.

Maybe the Google drive option is easier if you download many trails. I have "just" downloaded about 40 routes and saved them now in the BV6000 and grouped them by folder so I can easily find them. For me still plenty enough routes to ride so no need to constantly sync to Google Drive. Maybe I am old fashioned. ;)

Great stuff, I'd forgotten about www.GPSies.com .

The reason I use (in my case OneDrive) is that I use a couple of phones with BLevo and also use my iPAD and PC to create the routes. Using OneDrive syncs all the routes across all devices, so I dont lose anything. Plus its much easier that emailing and copying files...maybe I'm old fashioned too...:p

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
You can eliminate the gpx device jiggle by creating the gpx on your device even offline out in the bush

Android - GPS Waypoints Navigator - it looks like the paid version is required for gpx export to BLEvo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discipleskies.android.gpswaypointsnavigator&hl=en

iOS - Maps 3D Pro

‎Maps 3D PRO - Outdoor GPS

Great to see other solutions.

The "Autosync for OneDrive" I use automatically syncs the "MyRides" folder in ../BLevo/gpx so its completely hands off for me to upload my rides. And the reverse is true when I'm creating routes for my adventures.

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
Regarding phones and batteries.

I'm happy with the size etc of my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), but the battery doesnt last too long, may 2-3 hours. Rather than buy another phone - the BV6000 type seem very big and thick - I am thinking of additional battery capacity.

One option would be to run it from the bike battery, using the optional connectors for the front and rear lights. Has anyone done this and does it work well..? I assume I may need a DC-DC voltage regulator in-line too.

The other option is to put a battery bank into the water bottle holder and run a cable up to the phone. Again anyone done that and have any neat mounting photos they can share..?
I created a cable from the front light connector on the motor and up through the frame to a waterproof connector. And then used a DC-DC converter to give me USB.

it works really well, however it could be costly to make if you don’t have all the tools. PM me if you want the details.

DC-DC-USB converter that I used

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
I created a cable from the front light connector on the motor and up through the frame to a waterproof connector. And then used a DC-DC converter to give me USB.

it works really well, however it could be costly to make if you don’t have all the tools. PM me if you want the details.

DC-DC-USB converter that I used
Excellent - PM sent...(y)

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I know, the screen protector looks like crap, it's the one that came with it and it just wouldn't go on right, it's really cheap. I ordered "better" ones from amazon that should arrive today. I install them on all of our phones and I've never had one look like that, but I figured better to run it with the crappy install than to break the glass.

I had exactly the same and when I ordered a new screenprotector (just like you) I tried to peel the old one off. Only then I discovered that I forget to remove the plastic protection of the original screenprotector. I think you have the same issue. I think you just need to peel off the plastic protection from the original protector. Maybe you can try carefully at a corner.

I did remove the original one.

I took off the crappy factory screen protector and installed the one from amazon. 100% better. Don’t even bother using the one it comes with!
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I know this was addressed somewhere in the thread but how to I change the orientation of my BV6000S from portrait to landscape?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Do you have a photo of the BV6000 on the GUB holder..? I have the same holder and it fits my thin (~8mm) Galaxy S5 very nicly. I note the BV6000 is nearly twice as thick at 14mm. Do the little arms hold the phone ok..?

I'll have a look at the powerpack..;-)
I updated firmware and now it doesnt work
which firmware you have now?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
For the guys who have problem with uploading the ride in Strava, could you check if BLEvo is authorised here following this link?

Let us know..
Maybe you have to remove the authentication in BLEvo, then revoke the authorization via Strava web site (Log In | Strava) and return in BLEvo and retry to upload the ride..
Let me know.
Thanks.

Elias

Aug 17, 2019
Spain
For the guys who have problem with uploading the ride in Strava, could you check if BLEvo is authorised here following this link?

Let us know..
Maybe you have to remove the authentication in BLEvo, then revoke the authorization via Strava web site (Log In | Strava) and return in BLEvo and retry to upload the ride..
Let me know.
Thanks.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
response of this page.
Wrong address?
P.s. I was able to stop by. Blevo is in the list of allowed programs.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany

Let us know..
Let me know.
Thanks.

A re-authentication makes no difference. A manualy upload to strava of the tcx-file is always succesful.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I went over the bars pretty hard last night and my BV6000 stayed connected to the Outfront/quadlock/superglue combo....
Hope not only the BV6000 is doing well but you too?

As most of us know who've used superglue .. you end up sticking yourself to something .

@grantini still has both hands firmly connected to the grips and even though he's lying upside down with the bike riding him rather than the other way round, he's been kind enough to confirm, by typing with his nose, that that the superglued BV6000 mounting works.

But @Maastricht is correct, are you fit and well to continue testing ? :)

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I went over the bars pretty hard last night and my BV6000 stayed connected to the Outfront/quadlock/superglue combo....
Hope not only the BV6000 is doing well but you too?

As most of us know who've used superglue .. you end up sticking yourself to something .

@grantini still has both hands firmly connected to the grips and even though he's lying upside down with the bike riding him rather than the other way round, he's been kind enough to confirm, by typing with his nose, that that the superglued BV6000 mounting works.

But @Maastricht is correct, are you fit and well to continue testing ? :)

Fingers crossed

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I changed from BV6000S to my main iPhone 11 Pro Max. It is very durable even without a case, but I have an Ultra Armor Luvvit case and a screen protector. IOS version of Blevo works well, except you need to use a cable to transfer maps to it until it is updated to work with Google Drive, DropBox, or email. That has not been a big deal.

It's nice to use a phone with service rather than my BV6000s which was WiFi only.

See drop testing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles