Oct 3, 2018
M
It does a good job securing a BV6000.

Amazon items:
B005KWPJ04
B0055PH0XA
B002AQV51A

Have you seen this phone bracket:
US $12.77 29% OFF|GUB Plus 8 Plus Aluminium MTB Fiets Telefoon Houder Motorfiets Ondersteuning GPS Houder voor Fiets Stuur Fiets Accessoires-in Fiets stuur van sport & Entertainment op Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Groep

It's the GUB Plus 8 (which is a rotatable holder) works like a vice. It works excellent with the BV6000(S). There is also a GUB G85 but this bracket can not rotate. (at least I believe not without unscrewing the topplate)

It's cheap, lightweight, robust and very easy to use. I already did crazy things with it including crashing but, unlike me, the phone was still fixed to the bike.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Yes.. Did you already try?
I watched the video and tried in the app. I think I want a different feature (or I don’t understand how it works still!).

What I am trying to achieve is:-

1. On my PC/iPAD is to find routes/trails from sources such as Trailforks in gpx format.
2. Copy those gpx files into a subfolder in OneDrive on PC/iPAD.
3. Sync those folders to my Android phone running BLevo
4. In BLevo, go to “add file gpx” and select the subfolder from OneDrive and have it load ALL gpx files it finds in that folder at once.

I hope that makes sense..?

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Have you seen this phone bracket:
US $12.77 29% OFF|GUB Plus 8 Plus Aluminium MTB Fiets Telefoon Houder Motorfiets Ondersteuning GPS Houder voor Fiets Stuur Fiets Accessoires-in Fiets stuur van sport & Entertainment op Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Groep

It's the GUB Plus 8 (which is a rotatable holder) works like a vice. It works excellent with the BV6000(S). There is also a GUB G85 but this bracket can not rotate. (at least I believe not without unscrewing the topplate)

It's cheap, lightweight, robust and very easy to use. I already did crazy things with it including crashing but, unlike me, the phone was still fixed to the bike.

Yeah, I tried that first. I didn’t consider it working at all. The talons are too short for the BV6000. It is made for a much thinner phone. Also the clamp on the bars seems too thin for the weight of the phone.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yeah, I tried that first. I didn’t consider it working at all. The talons are too short for the BV6000. It is made for a much thinner phone. Also the clamp on the bars seems too thin for the weight of the phone.

I agree that you wouldn't expect it too work. However in reality it really works very well and my BV6000 has never came loose from the bracket. I bought due to Paolo's recommendation.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Check here for the list of usable phones for BLEvo..

Dag, I wish I had seen this before I bought my 6000S from amazon for $149.

What is the best system for mounting on the bike in your experience? I'm using a OUT FRONT mount and it's not working very well.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It does a good job securing a BV6000.

Amazon items:
B005KWPJ04
B0055PH0XA
B002AQV51A

actually I reapplied the base to the phone and (finally following the directions) let it sit overnight and it seems pretty solid today..... I think the adhesive needed to cure. My ADD wants me to immediately try things out... I'm not that smart.

If this holds i think it will be the solution if it holds on today's ride.... I like this mount because it "feels" solid, puts the phone in the right place, and has the ability to run a gopro underneath it. I also ordered an Iphone X case for it so I can swap back and forth.

bv5.jpg

bv6.jpg

bv7.jpg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I know, the screen protector looks like crap, it's the one that came with it and it just wouldn't go on right, it's really cheap. I ordered "better" ones from amazon that should arrive today. I install them on all of our phones and I've never had one look like that, but I figured better to run it with the crappy install than to break the glass.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Well that didn't work, it's going to take more than the 3M tape to hold it, I'm considering super glue because who cares about the BV6000?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I know, the screen protector looks like crap, it's the one that came with it and it just wouldn't go on right, it's really cheap. I ordered "better" ones from amazon that should arrive today. I install them on all of our phones and I've never had one look like that, but I figured better to run it with the crappy install than to break the glass.

I had exactly the same and when I ordered a new screenprotector (just like you) I tried to peel the old one off. Only then I discovered that I forget to remove the plastic protection of the original screenprotector. I think you have the same issue. I think you just need to peel off the plastic protection from the original protector. Maybe you can try carefully at a corner.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
actually I reapplied the base to the phone and (finally following the directions) let it sit overnight and it seems pretty solid today..... I think the adhesive needed to cure. My ADD wants me to immediately try things out... I'm not that smart.

If this holds i think it will be the solution if it holds on today's ride.... I like this mount because it "feels" solid, puts the phone in the right place, and has the ability to run a gopro underneath it. I also ordered an Iphone X case for it so I can swap back and forth.

View attachment 18881

View attachment 18882

View attachment 18883

Besides the link Indigo shared already, there was also another rider with a quadlock and BV6000 who just cut away the two bubbles on the back so the area becomes flat. (with the bubbles I mean the one at the below side of the quadlock and the one where your tumb is on the picture above) So don't cut through the complete rubber but just carefully cut the bubble away with a razor blade. Once it's flat you easily glue the quadlock adapter on the flat backside.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

I had exactly the same and when I ordered a new screenprotector (just like you) I tried to peel the old one off. Only then I discovered that I forget to remove the plastic protection of the original screenprotector. I think you have the same issue. I think you just need to peel off the plastic protection from the original protector. Maybe you can try carefully at a corner.

I did remove the original one.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

View attachment 18881

View attachment 18882

View attachment 18883

Also be aware to keep the rubber top flap (with the headphone symbol) slightly open in case you like to use the barometer sensor.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
I have just released version 3.5.6 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of uploading the ride to Strava. I also added the folder management for GPX.
I did a little video tutorial explaining how to use it (sorry but it is only in Italian)

Here are all the news:
- Bugfix: Upload Strava

Minor changes:
- Fixed initial autozoom on GPX opening
- Fixed import and WP name with tag <![CDATA[
- Enlarged assistance keys +5 +1 -1-5
- Store GPX ascent and distance information
- Converted to ? characters not accepted by Strava
- Now scrolling through the rides, the relative TXT is updated
- Removed the private field from the upload on Strava
- Added Battery Monitor button in Bike Setup

Hi Paolo, my problem with the upload to strava still exists.
Today i got the same error message. And the field "private activity" was marked, but i have not marked it by myself.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I watched the video and tried in the app. I think I want a different feature (or I don’t understand how it works still!).

What I am trying to achieve is:-

1. On my PC/iPAD is to find routes/trails from sources such as Trailforks in gpx format.
2. Copy those gpx files into a subfolder in OneDrive on PC/iPAD.
3. Sync those folders to my Android phone running BLevo
4. In BLevo, go to “add file gpx” and select the subfolder from OneDrive and have it load ALL gpx files it finds in that folder at once.

I hope that makes sense..?
You don't need to do the step 3.. Just open BLEvo and select from OneDrive the GPX you want.. You have to do one by one..
If you want to move all the GPX under BLEvo, you have to copy all the files under the folder /BLEvo/GPX

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, my problem with the upload to strava still exists.
Today i got the same error message. And the field "private activity" was marked, but i have not marked it by myself.
I understand from other users that the issue is still present..
Could you try to remove and re-add the authentication?
I will add some debug message in the next release in order to understand why this problem is present only in some phone..

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Hi Paolo, the items above have got me thinking.......

I actually use google drive for moving GPX files between source (eg download on PC or ipad) and getting them to my Blevo phone (the Blevo phone is just a wifi device) - It works really well, however the process to download them from google drive and then move them to the GPX folder on the phone can be a little tedious (not helped by the fact the download seems to rename them to XML.

Could there be an option in Blevo to have a "Custom" or "Additional" GPX folder that could be configured in the settings and Blevo would then show the files in that folder in addition to the standard GPX folder?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I understand from other users that the issue is still present..
Could you try to remove and re-add the authentication?
I will add some debug message in the next release in order to understand why this problem is present only in some phone..

Not sure if it's the same problem .. but mine's hung a few times when uploading to strava and just sits there. If I force a stop to Blevo. Re-run it. Go into the activity and select upload to strava it works straight away.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019

I actually use google drive for moving GPX files between source (eg download on PC or ipad) and getting them to my Blevo phone (the Blevo phone is just a wifi device) - It works really well, however the process to download them from google drive and then move them to the GPX folder on the phone can be a little tedious (not helped by the fact the download seems to rename them to XML.

Could there be an option in Blevo to have a "Custom" or "Additional" GPX folder that could be configured in the settings and Blevo would then show the files in that folder in addition to the standard GPX folder?
This is pretty much what I'm after....(y)

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Regarding phones and batteries.

I'm happy with the size etc of my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), but the battery doesnt last too long, may 2-3 hours. Rather than buy another phone - the BV6000 type seem very big and thick - I am thinking of additional battery capacity.

One option would be to run it from the bike battery, using the optional connectors for the front and rear lights. Has anyone done this and does it work well..? I assume I may need a DC-DC voltage regulator in-line too.

The other option is to put a battery bank into the water bottle holder and run a cable up to the phone. Again anyone done that and have any neat mounting photos they can share..?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019

I think I've found a solution using, albeit using DropBox and an app called "AutoSync for DropBox"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync&hl=en_GB

This allows you to sync the ../BLevo/GPX folder to DropBox. Therefore on the PC/iPAD you can create a series of trail folders that contain your routes. These will appear directly in BLevo and can just be clicked to add to the map.

First impressions are it works....testing will continue..;-)

EDIT:- It turns out there is an "AutoSync for GoogleDrive" and "AutoSync for OneDrive"...;-)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.drivesync&hl=en_GB

Last edited:

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

So far so good, let the superglue sit over night, and installed this am.... wrenched it pretty hard and took it off and put it back on a few times (typically when it came loose) and it's still mounted fine.... It will be interesting to see how it handles a ride today.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Regarding phones and batteries.

I'm happy with the size etc of my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), but the battery doesnt last too long, may 2-3 hours. Rather than buy another phone - the BV6000 type seem very big and thick - I am thinking of additional battery capacity.

One option would be to run it from the bike battery, using the optional connectors for the front and rear lights. Has anyone done this and does it work well..? I assume I may need a DC-DC voltage regulator in-line too.

The other option is to put a battery bank into the water bottle holder and run a cable up to the phone. Again anyone done that and have any neat mounting photos they can share..?

Hi,

I have no experience with connecting a phone directly to the Levo battery. However I did buy this powerpack before from Topeak:
MOBILE POWERPACK 6000 mAh | Topeak
which worked well but as shared before already in the end I prefered the BV6000. (yesterday at full brightness been riding for >2 hours and only consumed 25% in case you decrease the brightness a little you can use it all day long)

Maybe the Topeak powerpack is something to consider?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Hi,

I have no experience with connecting a phone directly to the Levo battery. However I did buy this powerpack before from Topeak:
MOBILE POWERPACK 6000 mAh | Topeak
which worked well but as shared before already in the end I prefered the BV6000. (yesterday at full brightness been riding for >2 hours and only consumed 25% in case you decrease the brightness a little you can use it all day long)

Maybe the Topeak powerpack is something to consider?
Do you have a photo of the BV6000 on the GUB holder..? I have the same holder and it fits my thin (~8mm) Galaxy S5 very nicly. I note the BV6000 is nearly twice as thick at 14mm. Do the little arms hold the phone ok..?

I'll have a look at the powerpack..;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles