Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I have just released version 3.5.6 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of uploading the ride to Strava. I also added the folder management for GPX.
I did a little video tutorial explaining how to use it (sorry but it is only in Italian)

Here are all the news:
- Add folder management to GPX import
- Added help with the order of display customization fields
- Now the GPX are copied under the /BLEvo/GPX/MyRides folder (on request)
- Bugfix: Barometer calibration on start tour
- Bugfix: Upload Strava

Minor changes:
- Fixed initial autozoom on GPX opening
- Fixed import and WP name with tag <![CDATA[
- Enlarged assistance keys +5 +1 -1-5
- Store GPX ascent and distance information
- Converted to ? characters not accepted by Strava
- Now scrolling through the rides, the relative TXT is updated
- Removed the private field from the upload on Strava
- Added Battery Monitor button in Bike Setup

View attachment 18780
@PaoloBLEvo , thank you for the many improvements, including my request for larger assistance keys! I also noticed the battery monitor now displays miles if BLEvo is configured to use miles and feet (used to always be km).

Is it just me or does BLEvo connect to the bike quicker?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@PaoloBLEvo Great app and growing in functionality and ease of use by the day ! :)

I have a quick question which hopefully you can help with. I think my Kenevo has a faulty battery. I struggle to get more than 30km's no matter which modes I use (even in eco 15/25), so I've been using Blevo to try and prove this and understand where the power's going.

For instance, I have trail set to 45/45 and Turbo to 100/100.

A 5km test ride used 16% battery.

Under average consumption it shows Trail as 14.83 wh.km & Turbo as 33.81 Wh/km

I'm wondering how these are calculated ? Does Blevo take the current actually being drawn by the motor ? or does it monitor how much battery has been used and divide that by the distance.

Many thanks.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
The Multiremote is ready to order again from o-synce.de

Make sure you order the OSY-12 version

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I just tried the remote. What a fantastic experience. Just being able to switch between data page and map page makes it worth it.
On saturday I will attend my first E-MTB race. It will most likely take 45 minutes. During training I have been using smart hr to keep my hr below 137. In the race that does not matter.
I am considering using my Edge 1030 in the race, instead of my BV6000, to keep an eye on the HR and timing etc because I think I won't need maps and the fine tuning of power there.
Your thoughts?

Yes I agree! The BV6000 is good for exploring trails in the wilderness but the Edge would definitely be better for racing.. It'd be interesting to know how it goes & of course...go for gold (y)

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Question: I just picked up a BV6000S to run as my "computer." I'm not an android guy at all so the learning curve is pretty significant. I want the screen to stay ON the entire time I'm riding. With my iphone xS as long as I was running Blevo it stayed on and didn't sleep. Will this happen with the BV6000S? If not is there a setting that I can go to that will enable it to do so?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Question: I just picked up a BV6000S to run as my "computer." I'm not an android guy at all so the learning curve is pretty significant. I want the screen to stay ON the entire time I'm riding. With my iphone xS as long as I was running Blevo it stayed on and didn't sleep. Will this happen with the BV6000S? If not is there a setting that I can go to that will enable it to do so?

Hi,

In case you use my settings:

The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

It should work as you expect it to work.

Have fun!

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I am finding the BV6000S to be a very heavy brick of a phone. I wish I had just used one of my old iPhones.

I have a 5 and a 6. The 5 only runs iOS10, and Blevo wasn't build to be compatible with that. So maybe the 6. But if it is easy enough for the next version of Blevo to work with IOS 10, then that would be nice.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
I have the opposite problem, the Android screen stays on all the time ( so you're ok) but I want mine to turn off according to the system default. Currently there doesn't appear to be a way to achieve that.

But to answer your question, in "Bike Monitor" mode the screen will stay on.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm not sure what characters were supposed to be replaced by "????" but it seems to replace everything which isn't just plain text ? I added a smiley and it changed to "????", yet strava let me edit the strava upload and add the smiley back in ..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I am finding the BV6000S to be a very heavy brick of a phone. I wish I had just used one of my old iPhones.

I have a 5 and a 6. The 5 only runs iOS10, and Blevo wasn't build to be compatible with that. So maybe the 6. But if it is easy enough for the next version of Blevo to work with IOS 10, then that would be nice.

I used it with the iPhone 6 before but the battery will drain very quickly at least with screen always on. Then bought a powerbank. However wasn’t ideal combination so ended up with the BV6000. Yes, heavy phone but very good battery and BLEvo android version is very well too.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I'm not sure what characters were supposed to be replaced by "????" but it seems to replace everything which isn't just plain text ? I added a smiley and it changed to "????", yet strava let me edit the strava upload and add the smiley back in ..

It was meant for characters like ëéèêäõ etc. Strangely these characters give issues for Strava upload.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
given that I'm more than 220 pounds and my bike weighs 50, I'm not too concerned about the weight of the phone... LOL I can stop eating donuts for a week and save the weight of a couple BV6000s!

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I have the opposite problem, the Android screen stays on all the time ( so you're ok) but I want mine to turn off according to the system default. Currently there doesn't appear to be a way to achieve that.

But to answer your question, in "Bike Monitor" mode the screen will stay on.
On my BV5500, checking the box “avoid disabling the buttons when the phone is locked” in BLEvo config misc keeps the screen on and BLEvo buttons active but otherwise auto locks per system settings. Unchecked and the phone auto locks/screen off like normal.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
On my BV5500, checking the box “avoid disabling the buttons when the phone is locked” in BLEvo config misc keeps the screen on and BLEvo buttons active but otherwise auto locks per system settings. Unchecked and the phone auto locks/screen off like normal.
I’ve tried that setting in both checked and unchecked and my screen stays on. This is on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
given that I'm more than 220 pounds and my bike weighs 50, I'm not too concerned about the weight of the phone... LOL I can stop eating donuts for a week and save the weight of a couple BV6000s!

It's not that I think it will slow me down. It is just a lot of mass to have on a phone mount. I mean my phone mount is an expensive and very solid RAM mount and it doesn't move, but still - I feel like it should have less mass on the mount. Also, it is not just a little heavy - it is like really heavy.

But, I will keep on using it. For new people, what about this?

US $75.46 31% OFF|UMIDIGI A3 Android 9.0 Global Band 5.5

There is also an "A5" version for about $15 more.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It's not that I think it will slow me down. It is just a lot of mass to have on a phone mount. I mean my phone mount is an expensive and very solid RAM mount and it doesn't move, but still - I feel like it should have less mass on the mount. Also, it is not just a little heavy - it is like really heavy.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
well I ran into the weight problem... the mounting hardware for my OUT FRONT mount doesn't hold it. I'll have to check out the RAM mount

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo Great app and growing in functionality and ease of use by the day ! :)

I have a quick question which hopefully you can help with. I think my Kenevo has a faulty battery. I struggle to get more than 30km's no matter which modes I use (even in eco 15/25), so I've been using Blevo to try and prove this and understand where the power's going.

For instance, I have trail set to 45/45 and Turbo to 100/100.

A 5km test ride used 16% battery.

Under average consumption it shows Trail as 14.83 wh.km & Turbo as 33.81 Wh/km

I'm wondering how these are calculated ? Does Blevo take the current actually being drawn by the motor ? or does it monitor how much battery has been used and divide that by the distance.

Many thanks.
The distance used for the calculation is the distance done with the motor active.. There is an option to active the calculation also with the motor not active..
In any case it is used the wh used by battery..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the update.

What I wanted to achieve, was when I “add file gpx ” (and I download them to OneDrive folder) that I could select a OneDrive sub-folder and it loads all gpx files in that folder.

Does your new feature allow that..?
Yes.. Did you already try?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

I will check why Apple Store removed the compatibility with previous iOS... I have to check, sorry..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
This setting is to avoid the activation of the button in the bike monitor when you have the phone in the bag.. it is not referred to the switch off/on the screen automatically.
In order to switchoff the screen, you need to push the switch off button of the phone..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Check here for the list of usable phones for BLEvo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles