Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
This is probably a very simple issue, but when I’m running BLevo, on a ride in monitor mode, the app doesn’t allow the phone to time out and turn the display off. Consequently the battery drain is higher than I’d like.

Any help getting it to auto turn off the display much appreciated.

I’m using an old Samsung Galaxy S5 with BLevo v3.5.5.
You need to switch off the screen manually..
Is this a possible solution?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but thought I'd let you know......

- When not following a track (GPX) the elevation profile on the map view is obviously blank, so I turn it off - however if the ride is paused (manual pause by hitting the pause button) when the ride is resumed the elevation profile is shown again and has to be switched off again. Auto pause does not do this, just manual pause. Would it be possible for the on/off setting to be remembered between manual pauses of the ride?
Ok, I will change the handling of the elevation graph..

I also have an idea for an enhancement related to this.....

- If no GPX / Elevation is loaded, could the elevation section at the bottom of the map be used to build up a picture of the elevation of the ride so far? Blevo has the data of elevation and distance and it might be good to have a visual of this as we ride.

This could be a nice feature, but for now it is available only after the ride...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, this is what I do now.

But it would be great (feature request..!) to have an option to keep the screen on for the ride (as now) or for the screen to follow the system default timeout. Other mapping apps, such as ViewRanger, allow this option.

@PaoloBLEvo is this option (screen on/off) not already part of the remote control commands?

Last edited:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
bike: Levo Expert 2019:

Can someone tell me how I update my BLEvo app, mine says version v3.5.2 iOS and my friends says v3.5.5 but he is on android whether that is different.

Also on BLevo it says my Firmware is: 2.3.1 is this the motor/battery on the bike or to do with the app.

Thank you

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
bike: Levo Expert 2019:

Can someone tell me how I update my BLEvo app, mine says version v3.5.2 iOS and my friends says v3.5.5 but he is on android whether that is different.

Also on BLevo it says my Firmware is: 2.3.1 is this the motor/battery on the bike or to do with the app.

Thank you
Yes, V3.5.2 is the latest ios version and V3.5.5 is the latest Android version.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This is probably a very simple issue, but when I’m running BLevo, on a ride in monitor mode, the app doesn’t allow the phone to time out and turn the display off. Consequently the battery drain is higher than I’d like.

Any help getting it to auto turn off the display much appreciated.

I’m using an old Samsung Galaxy S5 with BLevo v3.5.5.

There is a setting to keep the display active - so you probably have this set to on.

However, if you have it running on monitor and want to turn the screen off, just a short press on the power button should turn the screen off and then again to turn it back on .

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yes, this is what I do now.

But it would be great (feature request..!) to have an option to keep the screen on for the ride (as now) or for the screen to follow the system default timeout. Other mapping apps, such as ViewRanger, allow this option.
Ok.. It is possible to add...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

@couplands, I assume you do not want the screen always on to save your phone battery. Maybe it's a good option for you to buy a remote control. Via the remote you can then switch the screen on and off without having to take one of your hands of the handle bars. You can use the remote too to activate or adjust other settings.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
@couplands, I assume you do not want the screen always on to save your phone battery. Maybe it's a good option for you to buy a remote control. Via the remote you can then switch the screen on and off without having to take one of your hands of the handle bars. You can use the remote too to activate or adjust other settings.
Correct, I did want a remote but they don’t seem available at the moment.

I would still like the option for an automatic screen timeout, as many of the functions in BLevo are able to reactivate the screen on an event, such as a map event, assistance change etc and I’m often forgetting to switch the screen off.

I could always buy a phone with a bigger battery too...?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Correct, I did want a remote but they don’t seem available at the moment.

I would still like the option for an automatic screen timeout, as many of the functions in BLevo are able to reactivate the screen on an event, such as a map event, assistance change etc and I’m often forgetting to switch the screen off.

I could always buy a phone with a bigger battery too...?

? As I understood from the manufacturer the remote will be on stock soon. I think it’s really a helpful feature.

hannu

Aug 9, 2019
FIN
Yes it is the same value and it reacts synchronously.

Karsten

I gave it a new try even though it was showing the same constant 89 bpm, but after riding for couple of minutes the bpm started showing the same figures than Apple Watch. So it works, just need to give it some time...

After using Smart modes, which values it defaults (for eco/trail/turbo) next time if not using Blevo?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I just tried the remote. What a fantastic experience. Just being able to switch between data page and map page makes it worth it.
On saturday I will attend my first E-MTB race. It will most likely take 45 minutes. During training I have been using smart hr to keep my hr below 137. In the race that does not matter.
I am considering using my Edge 1030 in the race, instead of my BV6000, to keep an eye on the HR and timing etc because I think I won't need maps and the fine tuning of power there.
Your thoughts?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
I just tried the remote. What a fantastic experience. Just being able to switch between data page and map page makes it worth it.
On saturday I will attend my first E-MTB race. It will most likely take 45 minutes. During training I have been using smart hr to keep my hr below 137. In the race that does not matter.
I am considering using my Edge 1030 in the race, instead of my BV6000, to keep an eye on the HR and timing etc because I think I won't need maps and the fine tuning of power there.
Your thoughts?
Where did you buy the remote, it shows as unavailable on the suppliers website..?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
@PaoloBLEvo Another feature request....I'm really getting used to BLevo and want to do more with it..;-)

When adding GPX tracks to the maps, could it be possible to add all tracks from a folder, rather than having to add each one individually..? The use-case is when I select trail in a local forest/woods, there are often 10-15 different tracks that I need to download. If I could put them all in a subfolder eg "...maps\Cannock Chase..." then it would make it easier getting all route loaded into BLevo. I have no idea if this is difficult to achieve, so no problem if you cant do it.

Thanks again for such a brilliant app for the Levo, it really does make a great emtb amazing..;-)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I gave it a new try even though it was showing the same constant 89 bpm, but after riding for couple of minutes the bpm started showing the same figures than Apple Watch. So it works, just need to give it some time...

After using Smart modes, which values it defaults (for eco/trail/turbo) next time if not using Blevo?
If you stop the ride, BLEvo restore the values set in bike setup..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Your thoughts?
You can use the display with only 3 fields.. So you can see very well the data you want..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo Another feature request....I'm really getting used to BLevo and want to do more with it..;-)

When adding GPX tracks to the maps, could it be possible to add all tracks from a folder, rather than having to add each one individually..? The use-case is when I select trail in a local forest/woods, there are often 10-15 different tracks that I need to download. If I could put them all in a subfolder eg "...maps\Cannock Chase..." then it would make it easier getting all route loaded into BLevo. I have no idea if this is difficult to achieve, so no problem if you cant do it.

Thanks again for such a brilliant app for the Levo, it really does make a great emtb amazing..;-)
Do you want something like this? ;)

Screenshot (17 set 2019 9:51:57 PM).png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Do I need to read the instructions better...?...??

...or is this a new feature you haven’t released yet...?

Either way it looks great...?

I think it’s a new BLEvo feature where Paolo is working on as it is not available in the official app yet.

It clearly shows how quick a small hobby driven company can react and develop to market requests without the need of having a lot of team meetings, budget discussions and reporting to senior management first.

Keep up the good work Paolo! ?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
I think it’s a new BLEvo feature where Paolo is working on as it is not available in the official app yet.

It clearly shows how quick a small hobby driven company can react and develop to market requests without the need of having a lot of team meetings, budget discussions and reporting to senior management first.

Keep up the good work Paolo! ?
I know, its truely stunning how responsive Paolo is. He deserves all the success in the world...?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.5.6 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of uploading the ride to Strava. I also added the folder management for GPX.
I did a little video tutorial explaining how to use it (sorry but it is only in Italian)

Here are all the news:
- Add folder management to GPX import
- Added help with the order of display customization fields
- Now the GPX are copied under the /BLEvo/GPX/MyRides folder (on request)
- Bugfix: Barometer calibration on start tour
- Bugfix: Upload Strava

Minor changes:
- Fixed initial autozoom on GPX opening
- Fixed import and WP name with tag <![CDATA[
- Enlarged assistance keys +5 +1 -1-5
- Store GPX ascent and distance information
- Converted to ? characters not accepted by Strava
- Now scrolling through the rides, the relative TXT is updated
- Removed the private field from the upload on Strava
- Added Battery Monitor button in Bike Setup

Screenshot (17 set 2019 9:51:57 PM).png

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
I have just released version 3.5.6 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of uploading the ride to Strava. I also added the folder management for GPX.
I did a little video tutorial explaining how to use it (sorry but it is only in Italian)

Here are all the news:
- Add folder management to GPX import
- Added help with the order of display customization fields
- Now the GPX are copied under the /BLEvo/GPX/MyRides folder (on request)
- Bugfix: Barometer calibration on start tour
- Bugfix: Upload Strava

Minor changes:
- Fixed initial autozoom on GPX opening
- Fixed import and WP name with tag <![CDATA[
- Enlarged assistance keys +5 +1 -1-5
- Store GPX ascent and distance information
- Converted to ? characters not accepted by Strava
- Now scrolling through the rides, the relative TXT is updated
- Removed the private field from the upload on Strava
- Added Battery Monitor button in Bike Setup

View attachment 18780
You are a true super star. Will be riding and testing tomorrow..?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles