Status
Not open for further replies.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Are you speaking about Levo model year 2019? If so, yes, this could be possible as Specialized blocked the wheel circumference setting.

And they did this to keep the speed limit in place?

And now we can’t use other tires or air pressure and have accurate distance?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
And they did this to keep the speed limit in place?

And now we can’t use other tires or air pressure and have accurate distance?

Via your dealer you can still adjust the wheel circumference setting to 2000mm. but not less than 2000mm. If you like to go fast check out the Levociraptor or the LSS.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I disabled csv file creation in settings. Now when I like to see a map of the ride I can’t. Is it possible to create after a ride is finished?
I understand I need to have it enabled from now on but I like to see graphs of a previous ride.
No sorry, you can't... the CSV file must be activated before the ride, otherwise all the information of the ride are not stored for map and graph post analisys..

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
What Levo are you riding? 2019 with TCU? Can you modify the circumfance or do you have newer TCU software? Do you use any speed-modification device?
What I would do:
Check the value of circumfence in Specialized Mission Control App and see if it is correct.
If so, connect the Levo to Edge 1000 as ANT+ speed sensor and see if speed and distance equals then to the BLEvo values.
I ride one of the first Levo's(2016) I do not use any speed-modification modification device. In BLEvo the wheel circumference is 2210 and in Mc it is 1973. Must they be the same when Garmin uses GPS?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Anyone have a BV5500? They cost less and have a newer version of Android (8). They are 3G only though, which would not matter to me since I wouldn't pay for service for it. Not sure if it has the pressure sensor?
Just check this file with a list of compared phones

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Wheel circumference is way better than GPS for trail use due to the tight turns that are missed by GPS. I use a Garmin speed sensor on my manual bike for this reason. -> This might also explain the differences @Groene005 was referring to above.

BV6000 is waterproof too but you don't need to attach it on the handle bars as long to enjoy the smart HR and leg power features of BLEvo.

I only use BLEvo. After using it once I didn't feel the need to buy an expensive Garmin or use MC. The map quality (OpenAndroMaps) of BLEvo is really good and detailed. You can upload to Strava immediately from BLEvo.
The idea of GPS missing in tight turns is a possibility because the trail that I mostly ride has a lot of tight turns an is in a wood. Maybe there is no gps connection sometimes. I will make a ride on the road with a minimum of corners. I will let you know.
I already had the Garmin before I discovered blevo.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Ended up with a new BV6000S that I got for just $88. Bought Blevo. 3D printing protectors for the mount's talons.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I ride one of the first Levo's(2016) I do not use any speed-modification modification device. In BLEvo the wheel circumference is 2210 and in Mc it is 1973. Must they be the same when Garmin uses GPS?

Has the bike been hacked by someone? (previous owner?) In MC the wheel circumference motor setting is visible. If it there says 1973 then that can maybe explain the speed difference which you are measuring between BLEvo and GPS. At which GPS speed does the bike cut off?

Can you please share screenshots of MC and BLEvo setup page?

Can you also share the real wheel circumference which you measured with toothpaste?

Last edited:

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
No, they need not to be the same. But 1973 mm definitely is not the right value for 27,5“.
1973 mm in MC means, your speed limit for motor-suspension is about 10% more than 25 km/h.
If you don‘t need this speed-manipulation, set the circumfence in MC to 2210 and connect your Levo as ANT-speed-sensor to your Edge.
If you want to stick to the speed-manipulation, you have to use GPS-signal for speed/distance measurement on your Edge and have to live with differences between BLEvo and Edge.
Or buy a Garmin speed-sensor for the front wheel-hub (about 40 bucks).

(Are you sure not having any ANT connection between Levo and Edge right now? This would explain the 10% difference on all rides.)

Last edited:

mkbauer

Mar 4, 2019
Karlsruhe, Germany
These will give you in Eco a smart range between 1% and 30% and in Trail 2% until 79%. The settings above give you smart power with a cap at 30% in Eco to save as much battery as possible for a long ride. In Trail almost provide the whole range up to 79%.
Hope this helps...

Thanks, Maastricht, for providing me such detailed hints. I guess that provides me with a good starting point.

A problem that remains however is, that I currently run the iOS version of Blevo and I have not yet figured out how I am supposed to setup the Watt values for the different levels.

blevo_ios_smartpower.jpg

In the screen above, I cannot not modify any of the settings marked in red -- I can however modify those marked in green.

I wonder what I am doing wrong here!?

Markus

Last edited:

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
You need to change what you want to change..
If you want to change the speed limit, change the speed limit. The wheel size must be the real wheel size..
What about on a 2020? I am under the impression that you can't change the speed limit. So why not change the wheel size setting to 2000 and then is there some way to make the speed and distance accurate?

Or would one need to buy a $20-$40 front hub speed sensor and have that be used for speed/distance? But if so, won't the bike's official odometer then be messed up?

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
19/20 you can't change the max speed. You can change the wheel diameter though within limits but that won't change the max speed, only the speed indication
I fail to see why the indicated speed isn't the same as the GPS speed (when in the open) as the magnet to wheel diameter speed calculation is relatively simple.

does the distance work off GPS or the speed (magnet)? wondering if the speed is inaccurate then the distance is also inaccurate

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Speed words off the magnet. GPS is not quick to respond. GPS doesn’t know when you first start moving or when you stop. GPS under reports both speed and distance when turning. If for example you zig zag, it will see it as straight.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Why won’t falsely telling it you have a 2000 wheel diameter when you really have a 2300 not result in you going faster before the limit kicks in? It should.
Speed and distance will be wrong. Not sure if that can be corrected. Blevo has a correction but I want the bike’s internal logs to be correct also.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Why won’t falsely telling it you have a 2000 wheel diameter when you really have a 2300 not result in you going faster before the limit kicks in? It should.
Speed and distance will be wrong. Not sure if that can be corrected. Blevo has a correction but I want the bike’s internal logs to be correct also.

Yes you can in BLEvo setup page. I have the same settings but on based on the European limit so end up around 30km/h now where the bike is normally limited to 25km/h. It makes already a huge difference!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Your dealer can set it to 2000mm. Not possible via BLEvo anymore.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks, Maastricht, for providing me such detailed hints. I guess that provides me with a good starting point.

A problem that remains however is, that I currently run the iOS version of Blevo and I have not yet figured out how I am supposed to setup the Watt values for the different levels.

View attachment 17349

In the screen above, I cannot not modify any of the settings marked in red -- I can however modify those marked in green.

I wonder what I am doing wrong here!?

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thanks!

You can scroll the values up and down in ios version to change them. I can change the slider too.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Your dealer can set it to 2000mm. Not possible via BLEvo anymore.
You ride a 2019 right? What is the max speed you get? I am getting a bit frustrated with the bugs on my 2019 bike but I like it's current max speed of 32km/h but I am considering an update anyway if I am happy with the dealer setting it to 2000mm.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
You ride a 2019 right? What is the max speed you get? I am getting a bit frustrated with the bugs on my 2019 bike but I like it's current max speed of 32km/h but I am considering an update anyway if I am happy with the dealer setting it to 2000mm.

I ride the 2019 Levo with firmware 2.026 I guess you will ride with 2.019 as you are referring to bugs? Theoretically I would end up with 28,8km/h however sometimes in practice I see an overshoot until 31/32km/h but the support above 28,8km/h declines fast. I am fine with it as said it makes a big difference to the hard stop at 25km/h as I drive mostly to trails on tarmac just above 25km/h.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Maastricht. Now I feel stupid. :) I always tapped on these Watt values but nothing happened. Scrolling works and increases/decreases them by 9. I still can't move the slider though.

Be aware that I asked Paolo the same question as ios user about half a year ago. So no need to feel stupid. Besides that I recently felt stupid myself as well. I drove my car backwards in a ditch a few weeks ago in Italy. Bike carrier was still hanging on the back side of the car kids and my wife still in the car and only front wheels where hanging on the edge of the ditch. First time in my life this happened. A nice German guy came to help help me and he pulled my car out with his VW Transporter. Luckily my car and bike carrier had zero damage. I promissed him from now on never ever to make a laugh about a German anymore. So happy to support you ;)!

I however don't understand why you can't move the slider. When I try it on my phone with latest ios version it works.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I'm gathering lots of ride files so makes sense to organise them, keep or flick basically. I tried the ES File Explorer option but got the following. ES File Explorer isn't available - File not found in Play Store. ES File Explorer is there but doesn't appear to function with Blevo when installed separately.

Likely something I'm not doing right.
IMG_20190820_182744_540.jpg
Screenshot_20190820-182244.png

Screenshot_20190820-203112.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I'm gathering lots of ride files so makes sense to organise them, keep or flick basically. I tried the ES File Explorer option but got the following. ES File Explorer isn't available - File not found in Play Store. ES File Explorer is there but doesn't appear to function with Blevo when installed separately.

Likely something I'm not doing right.
View attachment 17360 View attachment 17361
View attachment 17363
I checked mine and when selecting "Open CSV/TCX/GPX file folder" it opens the maps in ES File Explorer. Maybe you have installed ES File Explorer but didn't open ES File Explorer yet? I needed to open it once if I remember correctly and give some permissions.

After these permissions I can immediately open the maps via BLEvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles