Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
@Maastricht - Thanks for that confirmation. I see you answer a lot of posts on this thread. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

So for people like me, other than being a really cool way to monitor a lot of different values for the bike, what can the BLEvo really be used for now, since it’s most popular feature as a speed hack is gone?

Thanks again.

Chad

Hi Chad,

Happy to support of I am able to. Of course Paolo can also answer all these questions but he needs to do many other things (especially like the development) already too. BLEvo became a BIG hobby for him next to his family. If I can help him a little by answering some more easy questions than I am happy to do that.

Regarding all the additional BLEvo features. BLEvo does everything MC does. However BLEvo offers much more like detailed analysis, maps, GPX routes (you will not need a Garmin anymore), smart power and smart HR. You can best watch Rob's video to get a proper impression:

In case of any questions left, just let us know.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I have just bought a levo 19, and would love to increase the speed to 20mph. Is there a likelihood that the Blevo app will allow this to be done in the future?

Unfortunately BLEvo is not capable anymore to adjust speed limit for firmware 2.025 and 2.026:
1560524052040.png

Reason is related to Specialized blocked wheel circumference setting for adjustment from outside due to liability reasons. Good thing is that also for warranty this can never be an issue.

Best thing you can try is speak to your LBS and set wheel circumference to 2000 with latest 2.026 firmware.

Drondon

May 25, 2019
California
Does the BLevo app send out updates? I
Have been using this app and haven’t seen any updates. On an apple iPhone you can see updates of apps. Just haven’t seen any from blevo. Just curious

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Does the BLevo app send out updates? I
Have been using this app and haven’t seen any updates. On an apple iPhone you can see updates of apps. Just haven’t seen any from blevo. Just curious

If you check appstore for BLEvo and then select update history you will see a complete list of all updates. (25 updates in last 10 months already ?)

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Good evening. My ride Today was a succes I was lucky I did not have to climb much because it looked like the smart power did not work. At home I discovered that it was not activated. Is it nescesary to activate it every time or is there a way it is always activated.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Good evening. My ride Today was a succes I was lucky I did not have to climb much because it looked like the smart power did not work. At home I discovered that it was not activated. Is it nescesary to activate it every time or is there a way it is always activated.
You don't need to activate each time..
In Android version there is a button on the bike monitor to activate/deactivate directly the Smart Power. Maybe you press this button..

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
You don't need to activate each time..
In Android version there is a button on the bike monitor to activate/deactivate directly the Smart Power. Maybe you press this button..

Hello Paolo, thanks for the quick response.
I know the button at the bottom of the bikemonitor page. When I activate the smart power it works but every new ride I have to activate it again. Is there another way so the smartpower is always activated.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
BLEvo is still crashing on me. I start the ride, then at some point I look down and my phone is back at the home screen.

Running the latest version.
iPhone XS.
iOS 12.3.1

Are there some logs I can send in that would be helpful?

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello Paolo, thanks for the quick response.
I know the button at the bottom of the bikemonitor page. When I activate the smart power it works but every new ride I have to activate it again. Is there another way so the smartpower is always activated.
The Smart Power can be activated in the Smart Power configuration menu.. please check if the Smart Power is active also in wanted assistance level..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
BLEvo is still crashing on me. I start the ride, then at some point I look down and my phone is back at the home screen.

Running the latest version.
iPhone XS.
iOS 12.3.1

Are there some logs I can send in that would be helpful?
I'm checking this issue because I have a similar issue on my phone...
I don't understand why everytime Apple release a new iOS version, the App has always problems.. ??

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
The Smart Power can be activated in the Smart Power configuration menu.. please check if the Smart Power is active also in wanted assistance level..

The smart power is activated in the smartpower configuration menu
Each time I start a new ride I have to activate the smart power at the bottom of the bikemonitor. Also when I make a manual pause the smart power has to be activated. I tryed this also with expert and the same think happens. Look at the pictures

Screenshot_2019-06-17-21-15-48.png

Screenshot_2019-06-17-21-13-58.png

Screenshot_2019-06-17-21-40-03.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Each time I start a new ride I have to activate the smart power at the bottom of the bikemonitor. Also when I make a manual pause the smart power has to be activated. I tryed this also with expert and the same think happens. Look at the pictures

View attachment 15014

View attachment 15015

View attachment 15016

I think you should select “BLEvo Smart” instead of “BLEvo Sport”. I always select “BLEvo Smart” and have no problems with smart power.

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
I think you should select “BLEvo Smart” instead of “BLEvo Sport”. I always select “BLEvo Smart” and have no problems with smart power.

I tryed almost every mode in the bike setup. Everytime I had to activate again the smartpower at the bottom of bike monitor.Also I had to activate again when I made a manuel pause.
Maastricht wrote hé used BLEVO SMART but it does not exsist I think. Look at the picture

Screenshot_2019-06-18-20-31-14.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I tryed almost every mode in the bike setup. Everytime I had to activate again the smartpower at the bottom of bike monitor.Also I had to activate again when I made a manuel pause.
Maastricht wrote hé used BLEVO SMART but it does not exsist I think. Look at the picture

View attachment 15052
I just checked the manual once more. I wasn’t aware about your firmware x.22.

It seems that in x.22 this preset is missing:

See page 4&5. Sorry, I don’t have an explanation for the issue you seem to be experiencing.

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
I just checked the manual once more. I wasn’t aware about your firmware x.22.

It seems that in x.22 this preset is missing:

See page 4&5. Sorry, I don’t have an explanation for the issue you seem to be experiencing.

Paolo the first time I used smartpower, a few weeks ago, I worked ok. I DID NOT even know there was an ACTIVATION button at the bottom of bike monitor. My Phone is always in my camelbak.
This evening I went back to the setting I used that time but I had to use the button to activate. What have been changed or what am I doing wrong

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Paolo the first time I used smartpower, a few weeks ago, I worked ok. I DID NOT even know there was an ACTIVATION button at the bottom of bike monitor. My Phone is always in my camelbak.
This evening I went back to the setting I used that time but I had to use the button to activate. What have been changed or what am I doing wrong

Are there other bikers that have the same problem with x 22.
Maybe somewone will tryed.

Vstrom650

Dec 29, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi, is it set correctly or is it the percentage that must be the highest in the Turbo profile? Sorry, but translated by Google. Or is it better to use preset profiles where performance is the same? Thanks

current.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

View attachment 15014

View attachment 15015

View attachment 15016

Hi.. your problem is that you select the turbo assistance level where the Smart Power in not expert configuration is not active..
I can suggest to setup the bike setup with
10/80/100 and CM=9.
Then you can use the non expert mode.. but remember that the Smart Power is active only in ECO and TRAIL

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi, is it set correctly or is it the percentage that must be the highest in the Turbo profile? Sorry, but translated by Google. Or is it better to use preset profiles where performance is the same? Thanks

View attachment 15106
You have a very old firmware version..
Maybe it is better to update it to the latest one. 4.23.x
But I don't understand which is your issue.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released the version 3.5.1 of BLEvo for Android.
These are the news:
- Added the Speed Multiplier parameter to be able to use the bike sensor with a speed reduction system (see attached image)
- Now you can have the voice message every 30 minutes
- Added filter for barometer altitude values
- Optimized slope calculation
- Improved battery consumption on map display
- Now the AM / PM time is displayed if set in the system
- Added configuration parameter to automatically calibrate the barometer with GPS when stopped
- The minimum HR legs power lowered from 60% to 10%
- Now the GPS distance takes into account the slope
- Now if there is no Strava authorization, the button is enabled and executes the Strava authorization request
- Bugfix: barometer calibration at startup
- Bugfix: GPX import with single line point
- Bugfix: storage of zoom level

Screenshot (20 giu 2019 8:53:25 PM).png

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Hi.. your problem is that you select the turbo assistance level where the Smart Power in not expert configuration is not active..
10/80/100 and CM=9.
Then you can use the non expert mode.. but remember that the Smart Power is active only in ECO and TRAIL

Paolo, this weekend I am going to test this solution. I will Let you know. Thanks a lot.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Is there an update for apple?
I'm very angry with iOS.. ????
I'm testing the new version of BLEvo for iOS 12.3.1 and I have many crash...
and the speed of the app is very slow..
I tested the same version with an old version of iOS (12.1.4) and it works well...
???????
I will let you know if I found something..

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Paolo, this weekend I am going to test this solution. I will Let you know. Thanks a lot.

10/80/100 and CM=9.

Paolo you are a genius. When I use the expert smart power everything is working.
I tryed this before but it did not work because of the turbo smartpower in expert was not activated. I only had to activate the Turbomode in expert smart power and everything was ok. BLEVO SPORT is my favoriet with smartpower It works only when expertise is activated. Now it works also in Turbomode. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles