Status
Not open for further replies.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I've had my Levo for 3 days and BLEvo for 1 day. I have a super basic question that I don't think is addressed in the manual. How do I transfer the values I set on the BLEvo settings page to the bike? I can't tell if I'm writing new values to "bike memory" (whatever that might be).

This sentence in the manual has me thinking that BLEvo does not write to bike memory:

"To achieve this functionality it is necessary to keep the BLEvo app connected to the bike (even when the phone display is turned off)."

This makes me think that my assist levels revert to factory default values as soon as I disconnect BLEvo from the bike. Is that correct?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I've had my Levo for 3 days and BLEvo for 1 day. I have a super basic question that I don't think is addressed in the manual. How do I transfer the values I set on the BLEvo settings page to the bike? I can't tell if I'm writing new values to "bike memory" (whatever that might be).

This sentence in the manual has me thinking that BLEvo does not write to bike memory:

"To achieve this functionality it is necessary to keep the BLEvo app connected to the bike (even when the phone display is turned off)."

This makes me think that my assist levels revert to factory default values as soon as I disconnect BLEvo from the bike. Is that correct?

Hi,

The bike will remember last support settings after disconnecting BLEvo.

For the variable smart power assist % and the recording of the ride data, it’s important to keep BLEvo connected to the bike. BLEvo will automatically reconnect during a ride when it would loose connection.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I'm loving the new Horizontal display mode, but I've discovered a small display bug that you may want to correct. If you have the range (Autonamy) displayed on the map page and it adds the elevation the text is too big for the box. See screenshot below

RrEi-Yw-zrO2K9kf4h7GTBL9zmgWi-j30MpQ5lxP46IynsIRRIK760FIzk73NMAIi5lAOy7iPCleEgrO5JRbGjH8ySR5usR888eoZYmIdRTGlcab9Bb9dfw1z1K2MQgzJHfFScPZrBqNL9wB8cCrtI-j7UzbHC_gkaFNwGaATZFaLImMRPNEQKhcP4juKcDSuAFlyCVt7Lr6A1T0fIBsGiQqRTBszpfoQSjQppT01lx8JenePCJzjlO98tESuBeo4qb5dgauovwHPDN4Y1KKUFbjkkV8TzkDfS1_oKWKYd1dhc6y4VGmRavA_wEbE_LKvCjh_WX230j7BsN9zCbacX62aRjQZV64CmhAqqsx7ZNpdxCC_Xk-o1FqEti8wCLiOtJRp3qNpu5Q4nEN2hkOYWpPwp6x8iazx5oqqGzUdNTDf8TsIJXP4-YXBHYaj7BkEwhih5FjHuhoFYbcsJGSR9RVDxnCPs8R4ae_y3Qjs9OgbAY7k0V5zNEunf-x2gEFduSkOzw1g-jCJ7-ZqrT47OPcGadWhwxaT-Jk9KGzPfWVZ-0Izu2HbepMvtL63YZUJsDax5nPF8Pf2OTeGgOVNeZ3Bj78JFexJaG2M8zdrxw7L473NnpTAL9_lqQ85nVpRRmO4jZ-laypfukOtEbyhUjTtRvT7I9k=w1440-h720-no

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm loving the new Horizontal display mode, but I've discovered a small display bug that you may want to correct. If you have the range (Autonamy) displayed on the map page and it adds the elevation the text is too big for the box. See screenshot below

RrEi-Yw-zrO2K9kf4h7GTBL9zmgWi-j30MpQ5lxP46IynsIRRIK760FIzk73NMAIi5lAOy7iPCleEgrO5JRbGjH8ySR5usR888eoZYmIdRTGlcab9Bb9dfw1z1K2MQgzJHfFScPZrBqNL9wB8cCrtI-j7UzbHC_gkaFNwGaATZFaLImMRPNEQKhcP4juKcDSuAFlyCVt7Lr6A1T0fIBsGiQqRTBszpfoQSjQppT01lx8JenePCJzjlO98tESuBeo4qb5dgauovwHPDN4Y1KKUFbjkkV8TzkDfS1_oKWKYd1dhc6y4VGmRavA_wEbE_LKvCjh_WX230j7BsN9zCbacX62aRjQZV64CmhAqqsx7ZNpdxCC_Xk-o1FqEti8wCLiOtJRp3qNpu5Q4nEN2hkOYWpPwp6x8iazx5oqqGzUdNTDf8TsIJXP4-YXBHYaj7BkEwhih5FjHuhoFYbcsJGSR9RVDxnCPs8R4ae_y3Qjs9OgbAY7k0V5zNEunf-x2gEFduSkOzw1g-jCJ7-ZqrT47OPcGadWhwxaT-Jk9KGzPfWVZ-0Izu2HbepMvtL63YZUJsDax5nPF8Pf2OTeGgOVNeZ3Bj78JFexJaG2M8zdrxw7L473NnpTAL9_lqQ85nVpRRmO4jZ-laypfukOtEbyhUjTtRvT7I9k=w1440-h720-no
Sorry but I cannot see the screenshot..

HPee

May 21, 2019
Finland
Hi there, I bought blevo some weeks ago. I have tried to found out good settings for smart hr & smart power. Is somebody able to share some "best" settings? Bike is 2018 turbo levo expert.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I found an excessive phone battery consumption in the version 3.5.0 of BLEvo for Android when the page of the map is kept open ..

In the next version I will solve it ...

In the meantime if you put the screen on the data page you will not have excessive battery consumption.

Sorry for the inconvenience..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Hi there, I bought blevo some weeks ago. I have tried to found out good settings for smart hr & smart power. Is somebody able to share some "best" settings? Bike is 2018 turbo levo expert.

I think it depends alot on your riding style and your fitness level and what your goals are with the bike. Also if you are going to use Smart features (which I recommend).

Here are the settings I've settled in after a season of riding and adjusting Blevo and the bike:

1. Eco - set it to the level that makes the bike feel about like an acoustic bike you are used to. Depending on your weight at strength I think this might be between 10% and 20% assistance. I'm on 13%
2. Trail - Smart Heart - I have the heart control assistance ramping up from 16% to 35% once I get into Zone 4 on my heart rate. Also have Smart Power set so that If I'm over my Functional Threshold Power (FTP) it starts adding on up from 16% to 35%.
3. Turbo - Maximum power - 48%
I have current set at 20% which in turbo hitting it with all I have yields about 550ish watts.
ACC power is max.

With setup I ride 95% of the time in Trail and don't have to think about it. I can get 35-40 miles and 4000 - 5000 feet of climbing on a battery. I'm an old guy and kitted out with a 12lb pack weigh 190lbs. I'm on a 2018 Levo Carbon Comp with power train mods of a 36T chainring and a 11-46 cassette.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Hi Paolo
I just love Your app. Use it all the time (y)

I have a suggestion for the app:
When You touch a the part of the screen without the map, the app scolls to the map.
That's very easy to do when riding.

Gooing back up to the datafield could also be more easy, if there was a button around the map. This button should bring You to the top, with all the datafields.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Paolo

When You touch a the part of the screen without the map, the app scolls to the map.

Gooing back up to the datafield could also be more easy, if there was a button around the map. This button should bring You to the top, with all the datafields.

Hi Frank,

Have you heared about the BLEvo remote? I must admit at first I thought I would never use it but I did buy it after Paolo's recommendation. I now use it many times during a ride and it works ideally to switch between map and data view but also for fine tuning smart power levels during the ride and many other adjustable values. You can leave both hands on the handle bars.

As always Paolo designed it in such way a rider can fully adjust the remote's functions according to his own requirements.

If you check the manual you will find a link where to buy it.

rugrat1977

Jun 6, 2019
Northumberland
Can someone please help me I'm tearing my hair out here? I can't get blevo to see the GPX files downloaded from GPSies to my blackveiw 5800? What am I doing wrong? Rob makes it sound so easy "Just make a route on GPSies and email to yourself and blevo loads it up" hahaha excuse my ignorance, I'm not great with android. Please help?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo

The remote control is the best way but I think it is faster scrolling with a finger in the up direction instead of searching a button to press to come back to data field.. Am I wrong?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Can someone please help me I'm tearing my hair out here? I can't get blevo to see the GPX files downloaded from GPSies to my blackveiw 5800? What am I doing wrong? Rob makes it sound so easy "Just make a route on GPSies and email to yourself and blevo loads it up" hahaha excuse my ignorance, I'm not great with android. Please help?
Have you put the gpx file under the folder /BLEvo/GPX in your Android phone?

StevenC

Mar 20, 2019
Aviemore
Hi, is there anyone out there using BLEvo on a 2019 Vado (3.0) and able to confirm if it is possible to change the wheel circumference setting? Thanks.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Hi Paolo

Goong back up to the datafield could also be more easy, if there was a button around the map. This button should bring You to the top, with all the datafields.

I agree with this. When riding I often just tap the screen and the data display changes to the map display, If I want to go back to the data display its very easy to just scroll the screen with your finger to get back to the data display.

However, its very different when you stop. Sometimes I might stop to look at the map and see if there are any routes / paths I'd like to follow to either extend or shorten a ride, at this point the map "unlocks" and you can move around, however from the "unlocked" map its actually quite difficult to go back to the data screen. What I find I have to do is start riding with the map still on screen, wait for it to lock at 5kmh, and then scroll to the data screen.

I think a useful addition might be a small "up arrow" icon in the top centre of the map which will allow you to return to the data screen. This would allow easy transition between both screens at all times (keep the scroll) functionality when the map is locked when moving

RobertD

Jan 21, 2019
Weston-super-Mare
HPee said

Hi, I have been trying various settings based on past posts, and currently I find the attached to be the best. Set the bike page and the smart/heart as below. I then use trail for the ride and get infinate variable assistance from 7% to 99%.(you can set heart and leg levels to suit youself). The turbo 99% to 100% is just for the steepest parts or a lazy ride home! Hope this helps
Robert.

Bike setup.jpg
Smart Config.jpg
Smart confi eco.jpg
Smart config trail.jpg
Smart config turbo.jpg

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I agree with this. When riding I often just tap the screen and the data display changes to the map display, If I want to go back to the data display its very easy to just scroll the screen with your finger to get back to the data display.

However, its very different when you stop. Sometimes I might stop to look at the map and see if there are any routes / paths I'd like to follow to either extend or shorten a ride, at this point the map "unlocks" and you can move around, however from the "unlocked" map its actually quite difficult to go back to the data screen. What I find I have to do is start riding with the map still on screen, wait for it to lock at 5kmh, and then scroll to the data screen.

I think a useful addition might be a small "up arrow" icon in the top centre of the map which will allow you to return to the data screen. This would allow easy transition between both screens at all times (keep the scroll) functionality when the map is locked when moving

Just one other idea. When you are standing still in map view, you can lock the map. Then you easily slide the map screen away and have the data screen again. (I had the same issue some weeks ago)

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I’ve been testing the deactivate smart power button below the map on the ride monitor. I thought it would change the assist to the static value for that mode, same as if I had unchecked the box in smart power configuration. Instead the algorithm is varying the assist. I even tried it with smart HR disabled and it still varies.

I prefer to have it lock onto the static. Am I missing something? Bug?
2019 Turbo Levo on Android phone.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

As @Maastricht says, if you push again the lock/unlock button, the map return to be locked and you are able to scroll to data field with the finger..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I’ve been testing the deactivate smart power button below the map on the ride monitor. I thought it would change the assist to the static value for that mode, same as if I had unchecked the box in smart power configuration. Instead the algorithm is varying the assist. I even tried it with smart HR disabled and it still varies.

I prefer to have it lock onto the static. Am I missing something? Bug?
2019 Turbo Levo on Android phone.
Maybe a bug.. I will check..

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
The remote control is the best way but I think it is faster scrolling with a finger in the up direction instead of searching a button to press to come back to data field.. Am I wrong?
Hi Paolo

Rode for 5 hours today with out my “button”.
It worked totally fine - I have no need for new button - just more practise using Your advice and the BLEvo on the tracks :censored::)

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
It works now with heart rate. However, I think the app is a bit slow to react. I have set the pulse to max 130 with +-3. Reactivity of assistance is set to high.
Should I instead select +-10 so make it react faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles