Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi there,
I'm curious how you set up the motor-percentage for Eco/Trail/Turbo and how that works with your heart rate monitor?

I have the motor-settings to: Eco 30%, Trail 50%, Turbo 100%

When driving with heart rate set I have the following settings:
Eco: 1-49%
Trail: 31-99%
Turbo: 99-100%

My question is: can I easily drive with a heart rate setting, so that power settings are between 1-100%?

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)
Yes..
You need to set eco 1, trail 99 e turbo 100..
Then you can configure the Smart HR in this way..
Eco: 1-98
Trail: 2-99
In Android you can use different BPM target in eco and in trail..

Rheingold

May 1, 2019
Germany
Thanks for the quick reply :)
When I set it like that then it will also mean that when driving without BLEvo that I keep the settings with 1/98/99 % right? That would be "inconvenient" :-/

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the quick reply :)
When I set it like that then it will also mean that when driving without BLEvo that I keep the settings with 1/98/99 % right? That would be "inconvenient" :-/
With the Presets in BLEvo, it is easy to change from one setting an another..

Rheingold

May 1, 2019
Germany
Is there a way to generate a TCX file after a Tour was recorded but no such file was created?

I deactivated the file creation in the settings, as I wasn't aware that it's mandatory for a Strava upload. No when I want to upload the file it says, that I'm missing the required file:(

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Is there a way to generate a TCX file after a Tour was recorded but no such file was created?

I deactivated the file creation in the settings, as I wasn't aware that it's mandatory for a Strava upload. No when I want to upload the file it says, that I'm missing the required file:(
It is possible, with the csv file..
There are the gps coordinates inside the csv and you can regenerate the tcx..
It is not so difficult but also not so easy.. you can do with excel..
Are you able to try?

Rheingold

May 1, 2019
Germany
yeah, I'm afraid that's not possible because I deactivated the creation of CSV, TCX and GPX files :unsure:

Now I know it was a stupid idea :D However the App didn't inform me what the files are for. Maybe this info can be added (or a warning about the consequences when removing the checkbox for the individual file creation)?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
yeah, I'm afraid that's not possible because I deactivated the creation of CSV, TCX and GPX files :unsure:

Now I know it was a stupid idea :D However the App didn't inform me what the files are for. Maybe this info can be added (or a warning about the consequences when removing the checkbox for the individual file creation)?
Sorry I saw only now that the information that the TCX needs for Strava is available only in Italian/English/Spanish translation and not in German and Francais..
I will add in the next release..

Loving Levo

May 7, 2019
Bellevue, WA
I recently started using BLEVO with my 2019 Turbo Levo. Thanks for a great tool - and for being so responsive here!

It mostly works great and as expected. I did run in to one bit of curious behavior the other day that I would like to ask about. I know the proper workaround, so it is no big deal; but I am quite curious.

I am in the US, where the speed limit is 20mph. That's great for the trail - I don't want to go faster than that - but the road to the trail has 45mph traffic whizzing by, and my old Class 3 ebike went 28mph, so I would like to go faster for my short interludes on the road. I bought the "lss" hardware solution and installed it.

I understand that the LSS messes with speed/distance reporting from the bike, so for the BLEVO speedometer/odometer it is better to use GPS. That is fine, and what I am doing now.

However, for my first ride, I hadn't switched BLEVO to use GPS, and I was still using bike info. I expected all bike-reported distances and speeds to be about 50% lower than actual.

That seemed to be the case...until the BLEVO speedometer said 15mph (actual speed about 50% more). Then the BLEVO speedometer would suddenly jump to 23mph, and actual speeds seemed to line up with BLEVO reported speeds (not that I had a way to compare exactly, but it seemed correct).

Any idea on how/why this happened? I expected the BLEVO reported speed to always be 50% below my actual speed.

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Just got the Blevo app on android phone(Blackview) and I'm normally an iPhone user. I'm struggling to get it connected and set up. Can anyone point me to maybe a YouTube video or a link to show a newbie how to do it, thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Just got the Blevo app on android phone(Blackview) and I'm normally an iPhone user. I'm struggling to get it connected and set up. Can anyone point me to maybe a YouTube video or a link to show a newbie how to do it, thanks.
@Maastricht did the same.. Maybe he can help you in this..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I recently started using BLEVO with my 2019 Turbo Levo. Thanks for a great tool - and for being so responsive here!

It mostly works great and as expected. I did run in to one bit of curious behavior the other day that I would like to ask about. I know the proper workaround, so it is no big deal; but I am quite curious.

I am in the US, where the speed limit is 20mph. That's great for the trail - I don't want to go faster than that - but the road to the trail has 45mph traffic whizzing by, and my old Class 3 ebike went 28mph, so I would like to go faster for my short interludes on the road. I bought the "lss" hardware solution and installed it.

I understand that the LSS messes with speed/distance reporting from the bike, so for the BLEVO speedometer/odometer it is better to use GPS. That is fine, and what I am doing now.

However, for my first ride, I hadn't switched BLEVO to use GPS, and I was still using bike info. I expected all bike-reported distances and speeds to be about 50% lower than actual.

That seemed to be the case...until the BLEVO speedometer said 15mph (actual speed about 50% more). Then the BLEVO speedometer would suddenly jump to 23mph, and actual speeds seemed to line up with BLEVO reported speeds (not that I had a way to compare exactly, but it seemed correct).

Any idea on how/why this happened? I expected the BLEVO reported speed to always be 50% below my actual speed.
In the previous version of BLEvo there was a check where if the Bike Speed is lower than 10km/h from GPS Speed, the Bike Speed was discarded and the GPS speed was taken..
This is way you see this strange behaviour..
Now I removed this check. It will be available in the next release..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Hi Baron,

Please read this post:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Once you have performed the settings above then download the BLEvo manual:
Instruction manual in english

If you still have issues please let us know and we will try to help you.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Great App. I've been using it since January with Smart HR as I have pulmonary issues and this makes mountain biking truly fun again.

My only question has to do with Speed and Distance on Blevo vs. my Garmin. I did set real wheel circumference in Blevo yet my Speed and Distance on the App is always at least 20% more than what my Garmin 820 shows. Tying to figure out why.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I created a track in Gpsies and I'm trying to import it into BLEVO, but I'm getting an error message:

Warning
File error: File not valid

Here's a link to the GPX file that I exported from Gpsies:

SpringCreekRoadTo8379.gpx

I'm selecting the default "Download as GPX Track" in Gpsies. Is there something I need to do differently to make it work?

Thanks!

Alan

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Great App. I've been using it since January with Smart HR as I have pulmonary issues and this makes mountain biking truly fun again.

My only question has to do with Speed and Distance on Blevo vs. my Garmin. I did set real wheel circumference in Blevo yet my Speed and Distance on the App is always at least 20% more than what my Garmin 820 shows. Tying to figure out why.
I'm checking the issue.. ios or Android?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I created a track in Gpsies and I'm trying to import it into BLEVO, but I'm getting an error message:

Warning
File error: File not valid

Here's a link to the GPX file that I exported from Gpsies:

SpringCreekRoadTo8379.gpx

I'm selecting the default "Download as GPX Track" in Gpsies. Is there something I need to do differently to make it work?

Thanks!

Alan
I imported the file and it works correctly...

Screenshot_20190514-173150.png

How you import in BLEvo?
Try to copy the file in the GPX folder under BLEvo folder..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I was using the "Add/Del GPX on MAP" button, and pasting the URL that I posted above.

I will try copying it to the GPX folder.
I saw that it is not possibile to import via Dropbox.. you need to import via iTunes or as email attachment..

Melv

Sep 11, 2018
Bucks
Hi Guys, am I right in thinking Blevo talks to the battery, and can change the wheel size, under the older firmware.
My battery looks like it's on the way out loosing up to 10% power over night. If I replace under warranty I could end up getting a new firmware latest where I then can't change wheel size or is it the motor that Blevo talks to.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Guys, am I right in thinking Blevo talks to the battery, and can change the wheel size, under the older firmware.
My battery looks like it's on the way out loosing up to 10% power over night. If I replace under warranty I could end up getting a new firmware latest where I then can't change wheel size or is it the motor that Blevo talks to.

Only firmware 2.025 or newer for Levo 2019 is blocked. Levo 2016, 2017, 2018 can still be modified. Also Kenevo 2017, 2018 abd 2019 and Levo HT until today can be modified.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I've been having problems with BLEvo crashing on my iPhone XS lately.

I'll be in the middle of a ride, and I'll look down and see the home screen. Then I restart BLEvo and it will display the "Continue" button.

It seems like it has been happening for a couple of version updates now and happens several times during a ride.

I have a 2018 Turbo Levo.

Thanks,

Alan

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've been having problems with BLEvo crashing on my iPhone XS lately.

I'll be in the middle of a ride, and I'll look down and see the home screen. Then I restart BLEvo and it will display the "Continue" button.

It seems like it has been happening for a couple of version updates now and happens several times during a ride.

I have a 2018 Turbo Levo.

Thanks,

Alan
I will check if Apple sent to me the information of the crash.. I hope so I can check happened.. Sorry for that..
Could you give me these information?
- iOS version
- Screen used (map or data)
- Smart power active or not
- Voice messages active or not

Thanks a lot.
Paolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles