Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
I recently purchased BLEvo to use with my 2019 Kenevo Expert. What a difference it made using smart power mode. I did however burn through battery at a higher rate so I might need to tweak the settings slightly.

I have a question that you might be able to help me with. BLEvo offers me much more insight that Mission Control. The battery monitor is showing the battery capacity at 480wh and 95% healthy with only 12 charge cycles. Is that correct / expected to drop 5% health after only 12 charges? Mission control shows 100% health.

View attachment 13007
Mission Control says always 100%.. I don't know why...
The Wh are not 504 due to the health of the battery..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.4.5 of BLEvo for Android.
Here are the news:

- Now it is possible to select different BPM for the Smart HR depending on the level of assistance chosen (ECO / TRAIL / TURBO)
- Now if no GPX is selected, the map is centered on the last known position
- Shown the percentage of the Smart Power + HR in the bike monitor
- Bugfix: download offline maps
- Bugfix: Distance calculation with bike sensor
- Bugfix: HRM auto-connection

Download the update from Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
As already answer to you via mail, these GPX are inline GPX, that are not handle by BLEvo..
Please try to import them in GPSies.com and then export, always as GPX and use this to import in BLEvo..
I imported and converted them in GPSies then emailed them to my phone. Now Blevo isn't one of the choices to send the file to.

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
I installed new Maxxis 2.6 Minion DHF tires on my Turbo Levo. They are slightly taller than the stock Specialized tires. What method does everyone use to get the correct diameter of the tire? Do you sit on the bike to roll/measure it with normal air pressures?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I installed new Maxxis 2.6 Minion DHF tires on my Turbo Levo. They are slightly taller than the stock Specialized tires. What method does everyone use to get the correct diameter of the tire? Do you sit on the bike to roll/measure it with normal air pressures?
Yes.. moving on the bike forward in order to do a complete loop of the wheel..

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
For those using an apple watch with blevo on the iphone how are you keeping the bpm on as mine switches from 0 to 61 and nothing else. I was advised that you have a heart rate app running in background but what do you use?

I start an ‘outdoor cycle’ session in the workout app (on the watch) when I start my ride - BLEvo then regularly picks up the HR

KristianBHald

Jun 14, 2018
Denmark
Hey.
I switch between 27.5"+ and 29" and use the Blevo to Change the dia. I never use this feature to remove the restricthtion for 25kmt.
And now i read about at german guy who specialized have sent a bill for a new motor because they have read the log on the bad motor.
Anyone with the same problem.?

Stu-k

Apr 16, 2018
Australia
Used blevo to derestrict 2018 Levo but now Garmin reads speed/distance wrong, guessing wheel sizing setting adjusts this? what size wheel?

Last edited:

kungdog

Feb 27, 2019
uk
I've noticed a couple of times now using BLEvo, that the calculated battery use is incorrect. e.g. from yesterday

Start 95% (483Wh)
End 30% (156Wh)
Consumed 55% (274Wh)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Used blevo to derestrict 2018 Levo but now Garmin reads speed/distance wrong, guessing wheel sizing setting adjusts this? what size wheel?
I think it is better to set the Garmin to use the GPS instead the wheel speed...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've just emailed you 3 files that show incorrect calculation
I'm checked the CSV...
There are missing data from
2019-03-04 14:51:35
to
2019-03-04 15:15:43
where the percentage decrease to 12%.. BLEvo doesn't considers this because is a high decrease..
What happen in this time? Do you connect the battery to something else?

Last edited:

WoZei

Apr 18, 2019
Germany
Paolo, thank you for your work, it is really a great app.

There is one thing, that I don't understand at the moment:
Using GPS data for showing the height gives me plausible data. Using the barometric height of the bv6000s (with calibration in the beginning) gives me sensless data, not corosponding with the GPS data (e.g. if I'm climbing, the height decends) Is that a problem of the bv6000s or is it a problem ov BLEVO? How is your experiance with it?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, thank you for your work, it is really a great app.

There is one thing, that I don't understand at the moment:
Using GPS data for showing the height gives me plausible data. Using the barometric height of the bv6000s (with calibration in the beginning) gives me sensless data, not corosponding with the GPS data (e.g. if I'm climbing, the height decends) Is that a problem of the bv6000s or is it a problem ov BLEVO? How is your experiance with it?
I have a bv6000. In order to have good result with the barometer you need to keep open the usb cover or the upper cover..
Maybe the batometer doesn't work well if all the covers are closed..
Another thing.. please don't use another app in background that use the barometer.. let me knowa..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thank you, I'll check it and give you a reply
According to my understanding the barometer is hidden behind the upper cover. Behind the upper cover also the earphone jack plug is hidden.

I have opened it just slightly so no mud or water can enter into it.

WoZei

Apr 18, 2019
Germany
Thank, you, you are absloutly right. Opening the upper cover brings the barometer to life. A funny idea to make a IP68-phone, that you have to open up for water to make it work completely:LOL:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thank, you, you are absloutly right. Opening the upper cover brings the barometer to life. A funny idea to make a IP68-phone, that you have to open up for water to make it work completely:LOL:
I thought the same thing..
I saw that the bv9500 has the barometer with this additional cover.. it costs more... maybe they changed the concept otherwise, as you say, the IP68 is compromise.

Matt71

Mar 7, 2019
Lincolnshire
i would like to increase the speed on my 2019 levo firmware 6.1.0 will blevo able to do it or not ?. a friend used his phone with blevo to connect to the bike and changed the speed but it still felt like it was cutting out at 15mph ?

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi Paulo!
Thanks again for an amazing app!
I have a question, lately when I open the app and press the bike monitor button, the screen switches to the profiles screen, then before I can do anything it immediately switches to the " ride" screen.. if I go back, the same thing happens... It switches to the profile screen and immediately back to the opening screen... So I can't get the profiles to adjust them?.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.. and also updated to the new version just released.
None of the above helped...
Any ideas!?
Thanks
Tim

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paulo!
Thanks again for an amazing app!
I have a question, lately when I open the app and press the bike monitor button, the screen switches to the profiles screen, then before I can do anything it immediately switches to the " ride" screen.. if I go back, the same thing happens... It switches to the profile screen and immediately back to the opening screen... So I can't get the profiles to adjust them?.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.. and also updated to the new version just released.
None of the above helped...
Any ideas!?
Thanks
Tim
Could you send a video to [email protected] ?
Thanks

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
@PaoloBLEvo is there a trial version of the software? I’m borrowing a Levo for a day and I’d rather use your software than MC.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
It's worth the price for even just one day IMHO. It changes the bike more than you can imagine. I especially rely on the smart HR and smart power to make me work and to seamlessly adjust power based on my HR and leg power. It is as if the bike becomes part of your own body power and on smart HR you can't escape some good exercise.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No I won’t. I’m borrowing a 2017 Levo because my Trek is off the road thanks to the broken mech and wheel. I’m not demoing a bike with a view to purchase. As I normally ride with no fancy pants apps it’s no great loss to ride without one tomorrow.

With that in mind, 9 quid for something I’ll use once isn’t worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles