Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I might have found it: based on previous posts, I went into the Blevo settings under apps and made sure the optimisation is off.
But when you say now battery optimization, I believe it is somewhere else....see below.
I have now selected that BLEvo can use as much energy as it needs.
Will test this.
View attachment 12018 View attachment 12019
Which Android version you have?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, but the speed value will be wrong.. I need to implement some speed adaptation when this kind of system is used...

Don’t want to correct the master but within BLEvo there is already an option integrated which allows to use GPS for speed and distance instead of using the bike speedsensor.

So if tuning systems (like Badass, LSS, etc) modify the magnet pulses to increase the cutoff speed, selecting this option should provide the correct figures again.

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
What difference does Blevo madness setting make compared to Default Specialized? (I'm on firmware 22)
I see in the instruction that in madness CM = 0 whereas in Default CM = 100 the other settings are the same. Can someone explain CM to me as in the instruction manual it's not very clear. Thanks

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
Also I've read on this thread that updating the firmware to .23 should give me a higher max power output. Do people find that this corresponds to a reduced range?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
What difference does Blevo madness setting make compared to Default Specialized? (I'm on firmware 22)
I see in the instruction that in madness CM = 0 whereas in Default CM = 100 the other settings are the same. Can someone explain CM to me as in the instruction manual it's not very clear. Thanks
The CM 0 setting is a special setting because in the firmware x.22 there was a bug that with the CM under 20% the behavior of the motor was better. CM 0 is the most reactive setting you can have. CM 100% consume a lot..

Suzuki811

Mar 19, 2019
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
HI Paolo, - I have a Levo Expert and am using Blevo, which is fantastic. My problem is that the phone I use is an old Iphone 5s (only used for app). App worked very well but the battery only lasted 2 hours. So I found a Vodafone video to improve battery life and turned lots of things off. Now when I use Blevo I do not get and speed, distance or time showing as I am riding. Do you know what I need to turn back on to fix the problem?

madcow

Jan 28, 2019
DE
How should he know this?!
Maybe the best idea is to undo the settings from the video step by step and to figure out what it is/was.
I'm guessing that the GPS unit has been deactivated.

madcow

Jan 28, 2019
DE
It was valuable - more than your question.
Sometimes people should just try to think...
It worked before, you followed a video with battery saving tweaks, now it doesn't work anymore.
What could have been happened during that time? :)

Btw. it is quite normal that Belvo is sucking battery like hell (display, gps...). You should get a power bank.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
10,000 users !!! (Apple 45% + Android 55%)
Target that I never imagined !!
I have to thank all the testers and users for making this App grow as unexpected .. without your help and your advice BLEvo would never have reached at what it is today ..
Thanks again.
Paolo

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have to thank all the testers and users for making this App grow as unexpected .. without your help and your advice BLEvo would never have reached at what it is today ..
Thanks again.
Paolo

Without you Paolo we would not have the amazing App BLEvo ?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Congratulations Paolo with the huge milestone and great achievement! Every BLEvo ride with it’s proportional smart heart rate and leg power support makes me smile! With the new openandroid maps and the remote I even don’t need to consider a Garmin device anymore.

Keep up the good work!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Finally, after a long wait, I also release the 3.4.0 version of BLEvo for iOS with the addition of remote control management.
In this video I explain how to configure.

Here are all the news:
- Added remote control management
- Increased the help of the Smart HR when connected to the Smart Power
- Added "Support BLEVO" page
- Added audio message to understand when the GPS is not in coverage
- Added additional checks on the validity of GPS coordinates
- Bugfix: Now if it does not find the GPS use the bike sensors to calculate the movement

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Thanks again.
Paolo
Congrats Paolo, molto bene!

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Paolo,
Is it possible in one of your next updates to display the Battery Current reading in the ‘after ride’ statistics.
If it is, could you display the maximum and the average readings for Eco, Trail and Turbo please?

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi @PaoloBLEvo. Love the app, its far superior to mission control. The only thing i cant work out is how do I tell blevo that ive changed my battery half way through a ride? After a recent ride it wouldnt connect with my 2nd battery without ending the ride so i had no data using the 2nd battery. Other than that id say the app the near perfect, carry on and thank you!

Hi Matty
Can you tell me how you carry the second battery , what model back pack?

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Wow. 10.000 times €10, you are rich!!!! ;) You can buy 10 s-works levos!

Also, as an answer to a question before: a connect IQ version is not just difficult, it is impossible. But there are already levo data fields for garmin.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Wow. 10.000 times €10, you are rich!!!! ;) You can buy 10 s-works levos!

Also, as an answer to a question before: a connect IQ version is not just difficult, it is impossible. But there are already levo data fields for garmin.

Hi Vilt, from a reliable source I understood Apple and Italian taxes are significant. If you then devide the amount what then remains by all the hours which are invested in BLEvo development (which even still continues) and the support afterwards via all the forums I guess Paolo, could have better worked at a local pizzeria and earned more and had less stress or spend more quality time with his family. ;)

I keep finding €9,99 for this impressive app a bargain as we have all spend >€5k for our bikes.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Paolo,
Is it possible in one of your next updates to display the Battery Current reading in the ‘after ride’ statistics.
If it is, could you display the maximum and the average readings for Eco, Trail and Turbo please?

Maybe a stupid question, but why do you need this value? If you like to know the value you can easily calculate it by deviding the power (W) by the voltage (V). The voltage is roughly 36V so the outcome should present the Amperage (A).

P=UxI
Power (W)
U = Voltage (V)
I = Amperage (A)

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Maybe a stupid question, but why do you need this value? If you like to know the value you can easily calculate it by deviding the power (W) by the voltage (V). The voltage is roughly 36V so the outcome should present the Amperage (A).

P=UxI
Power (W)
U = Voltage (V)
I = Amperage (A)

Why do I need it? Simple, because the information is available and is ‘Currently’ pardon the pun, what I need for an ongoing investigation of mine. If the info I have requested can be displayed in the ‘after ride’ stats that would be perfect for me.

I suppose you could ask why I also need the info in the screen shots below.... my simple answer is... If it’s available, why not? I need some of it but there maybe someone out there who needs all of it. I don’t want to spend loads of time calculating when the results can be just be displayed like everything below.

Do you use BLEvo?

DC6A70FB-D981-4788-B22B-32D9E9D6BAFB.jpeg

CE8AA3F1-F57C-4B98-8727-8CF8B8681153.jpeg

70D1352C-97DA-4DB6-9115-8F83B04F19F4.jpeg

7B8BE4C1-B09D-48A7-BAF5-87B95FE4FE0F.jpeg

27E029D8-9A24-4087-89F8-7D8D1AEC0487.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles