Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGillie

Jul 29, 2020
UK
I was going to take my 2018 in for an update at my bike shop, what is MC and what exactly would I lose?

@skiboycey i think when I check blevo is says MC1 for my current setting but I can’t see anywhere on the app what MC is and or how I would change it? What exactly is MC?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ok sorry to hear that, I thought you were an app developer, my mistake ?

To that end, please could you make it clear which features are available on which platform as I'm sure others will want to know this before they purchase.
You could check here..

BLEvo Functionalities.PNG

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released BLEvo version 3.7.3 for Android. In a few hours it will be available on Google Play.
Now if you have 2 Specialized bikes, BLEvo will automatically recognize the one you turn on so you no longer need to scan every time you decide to go out with a different bike. Same goes for the old models that use 2 batteries.
On the home screen, always wait for the blue dot and you will see which BLEvo founds and which one it will connect to.
Another important news is the addition of the cardio zones of which I am attaching a screenshot.
To configure the heart rate threshold, go to the Smart HR configuration.

Cardio_zone.png

Here are all the news:
- Added cardio zones
- Now the first recognized bike is connected without having to go to configuration and re-scan
- Added configuration to enable / disable GPS ascent calculation correction
- Now the GPS ascent calculation correction can be made for each single tour
- Bugfix: voice message on GPS ascent
- Bugfix: resizing bike monitor fields
- Bugfix: off-track signaling on GPX with widely spaced points
- Bugfix: now the cursor does not rotate if the option not to rotate the map when stationary is activated
- Bugfix: correct display on 2 lines of the Smart Level and residual autonomy

Updated from Google Play ..
Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I just released BLEvo version 3.7.3 for Android. In a few hours it will be available on Google Play.
Now if you have 2 Specialized bikes, BLEvo will automatically recognize the one you turn on so you no longer need to scan every time you decide to go out with a different bike. Same goes for the old models that use 2 batteries.
On the home screen, always wait for the blue dot and you will see which BLEvo founds and which one it will connect to.
Another important news is the addition of the cardio zones of which I am attaching a screenshot.
To configure the heart rate threshold, go to the Smart HR configuration.

Cardio_zone.png

Here are all the news:
- Added cardio zones
- Now the first recognized bike is connected without having to go to configuration and re-scan
- Added configuration to enable / disable GPS ascent calculation correction
- Now the GPS ascent calculation correction can be made for each single tour
- Bugfix: voice message on GPS ascent
- Bugfix: resizing bike monitor fields
- Bugfix: off-track signaling on GPX with widely spaced points
- Bugfix: now the cursor does not rotate if the option not to rotate the map when stationary is activated
- Bugfix: correct display on 2 lines of the Smart Level and residual autonomy

Updated from Google Play ..
Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

will there be an Ios update that will recognize two bikes soon?

Thibault

Dec 16, 2018
France
Hello,

Is it possible to use an external GPS receiver on iOS as I already have with RaceChrono ? I have a lot of errors (example 115km per hour !!) with the internal GPS.

Thank you

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
I have used it, but if I recall correctly it doesn’t sync both sets of data on both phones. I replaces the data from one to another. Is that correct..? If so, I would like a true sync...but understand it may be hard to do.
Data replace from one to another is the meaning of sync...at the end both have the same data...

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Data replace from one to another is the meaning of sync...at the end both have the same data...
My idea of sync is two way. Both phones add their data together and yes, they are the same. If I have 20 rides on one phone and 70 on another, when I sync I expect all 90 rides on both phones.

The current solution is a backup and restore function. It will wipe any existing data on the phone that you restore the backup to.

In my example above, depending which way you did the backup and restore both phones would either have 20 rides or 70 rides and the others would be lost.

I want to combine - sync - both phones together so I dont lose any rides.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
My idea of sync is two way. Both phones add their data together and yes, they are the same. If I have 20 rides on one phone and 70 on another, when I sync I expect all 90 rides on both phones.

The current solution is a backup and restore function. It will wipe any existing data on the phone that you restore the backup to.

In my example above, depending which way you did the backup and restore both phones would either have 20 rides or 70 rides and the others would be lost.

Thats really easy to implement on both iPhone and Android, both Apple and Google
provide frameworks to easily write information to iCloud and Google Drive; BLevo could just write the relevant data using those and then read from any device.

Paolo - I know you said you aren’t a developer, but you can pretty much copy and paste the code into BLEvo.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Thats really easy to implement on both iPhone and Android, both Apple and Google
provide frameworks to easily write information to iCloud and Google Drive; BLevo could just write the relevant data using those and then read from any device.

Paolo - I know you said you aren’t a developer, but you can pretty much copy and paste the code into BLEvo.
I do this with all my map data. I use OneDrive and OneDriveSync. I create routes on my PC or iPad then put them in my BLevo/Trails folder and then BLevo picks them up on the phone. Seamless.

I sometimes use my other phone, so its no problem as the maps are always there on both. But the ride and the data associated with the ride are either on one phone or the other. Not both.

So if those files could be sync'd too, that would be great. In fact, if we knew where the files are keep in BLevo can we simply sync them ourselves..?

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone

Your case is a merge...using third party tools is easy to do because the rides are in the folder "bike monitor"...maybe paolo will in future add this feature...who knows, but apart from the rides what is the data you would like to combine?

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Hi folks,

I've just realised that the parameters I set with Blevo (specifically the speed restriction) are getting reset to Specialized default when I turn my Elemnt Bolt on. This seems to be a fairly recent change, as I've been using the Bolt for almost a year without this happening. I've noticed a few firmware updates for the bolt over the past couple of months, and I can't help thinking one of them may have done this.

The Bolt is currently running firmware version WB 15-8226.

The bike is a 2018 Comp Turbo Levo by the way...

Anyone else seeing this or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lloyd

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
This post seems related to your problem:

If you don‘t speak German, use for translation: DeepL Translate

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
This post seems related to your problem:

If you don‘t speak German, use for translation: DeepL Translate
Thanks McInner1, not quite the same problem, although I've suffered from inaccurate speed / distance with the Bolt as per many posts elsewhere on this forum.

I've just been doing a bit more investigation, and you can actually watch the speed setting in Blevo reset to 25kph as soon as the Bolt connects to the Levo. When I tell it to forget the sensor the Blevo settings remain intact.

Tried changing wheel circumference settings in various places but to no avail so far. Further digging is required.

Really wish I'd gone for a Garmin rather than a Wahoo, it just hasn't played nice from the start ?

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Quick update. Haven't been able to test it properly yet, but getting the Bolt to forget the LEV sensor, then re-adding it and setting the wheel circumference in there to something small seems to have solved things. At least, Blevo doesn't revert to 25kph as soon as the Bolt is switched on now, so fingers crossed...

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Morning guys and girls, I'm after some help with Blevo, hoping you can help:

I've been using Blevo since December and love it. I use the smart mode with a HR monitor and it works fine. It can be a faff getting the HR monitor on and connected to Blevo, but once it's connected it works.

Yesterday I was gifted an Apple Watch (series 4). I ticked the 'Use Apple Watch for heart rate' box and opened HR app HR the watch, The watch connected and and showed my heart rate. As I set off I noticed the heart rate did not change and after a few hundred yards it disconnected. This morning I tried to connect again and Blevo is stuck on 69 HR and won't connect to the watch. The watch is connected to the iPhone though.

I've done a search and have found some old posts about problems with iPhone, but they are quite old.

Am I not doing something right? Is there a process of using the Apple watch that is different to a separate HR monitor?

Thanks for any help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles