Status
Not open for further replies.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
@PaoloBLEvo,
I bought the app a while ago, but I don't see a user guide and an easy step by step guide with explaination of what the parameters mean would be great. Can you add one we can download or open a thread on here with instructions you can update when the app is updated?

could you also create some useful user setting defaults like they have in mission control?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@PaoloBLEvo this is what I get when I try to share to Strava:

636256FC-A823-4D15-9E51-A1C7D6C48956.png

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Sorry, but I don't understand your question..

@Rob Hancill there should be a nnn.GPX attachment (mine appears right at the bottom of the email sent from BLEvo) which you save locally and then upload to Strava. I use an x too and it works for me...

EDIT: Just seen your further post...

My process is to hit the "send GPX" (which composes an email with all the textual data AND the GPX attachment) and then save to the computer and upload to Strava from there.... (you can actually do it all from the phone if you save the GPX from the email to cloud storage and then upload to strava from the same place)

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@Rob Hancill there should be a nnn.GPX attachment (mine appears right at the bottom of the email sent from BLEvo) which you save locally and then upload to Strava. I use an x too and it works for me...

My process is to hit the "send GPX" (which composes an email with all the textual data AND the GPX attachment) and then save to the computer and upload to Strave from there.... (you can actually do it all from the phone if you save the GPX from the email to cloud storage and then upload to strava from the same place)
Perfect, thanks mate. Sorted (y)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

My process is to hit the "send GPX" (which composes an email with all the textual data AND the GPX attachment) and then save to the computer and upload to Strave from there.... (you can actually do it all from the phone if you save the GPX from the email to cloud storage and then upload to strava from the same place)
It is better to use the tcx file, because in this file there is also the biker power, not present in the gpx file..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've just released the new version for Android 2.21.6.
Here are the news:

- Added the chart also on the Bike monitor page
- Increased acceptance of GPS accuracy to 40 meters
- Added color if the phone's battery is under 20%
- Entered bluetooth activation request
- Restored the autonomy of the difference in level
- Added minimum, maximum and average temperature of the battery and the motor
- Bugfix color assistance level after disconnection
- Bugfix in the identification of the Smart Power configuration name

Download the update from the Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Let me know if you will found any issue.
Thanks.
Paolo

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I've just released the new version for Android 2.21.6.
Here are the news:

- Added the chart also on the Bike monitor page
- Increased acceptance of GPS accuracy to 40 meters
- Added color if the phone's battery is under 20%
- Entered bluetooth activation request
- Restored the autonomy of the difference in level
- Added minimum, maximum and average temperature of the battery and the motor
- Bugfix color assistance level after disconnection
- Bugfix in the identification of the Smart Power configuration name

Download the update from the Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Let me know if you will found any issue.
Thanks.
Paolo

Can’t wait to get the iOS version ?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Noticed on my ride with BLEvo that often in spotty GPS reception sections the speed does not display. But in Mission Control its always available. Can you perhaps use the last known value in the last x amount of time or calculate from wheel speed perhaps so we can just look down and see relatively accurate measurement?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Noticed on my ride with BLEvo that often in spotty GPS reception sections the speed does not display. But in Mission Control its always available. Can you perhaps use the last known value in the last x amount of time or calculate from wheel speed perhaps so we can just look down and see relatively accurate measurement?
Are you talking about iOS or Android version?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Do you mean that the Speed is not shown correctly in the bike monitor? Sorry, but I don't understand the issue..
It show zero ( 0 ) mph. While mission control is showing 12 mph for example. It seems the GPS reception is the issue because I noticed GPS was showing red. Then it gets reception and suddenly speed shows. Mind you at same time your cycling speed rpm is showing, so my question is if you are relying on GPS, and it is spotty, can you instead use the rpms to calculate the speed then sample the GPS when it is available? It may have been coincidence, but that was my immediate conclusion. Has no one else noticed this, or is there a sensitivity setting I can adjust so it samples maybe a little less frequently so speed always shows?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
There is an issue with GPS on IOS(or iPhones) i think. My iPhone 8 did the same all the time, i bought old Sony Experia to do the job. No issues with Android.
Android version is better in every aspect in my opinion.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It show zero ( 0 ) mph. While mission control is showing 12 mph for example. It seems the GPS reception is the issue because I noticed GPS was showing red. Then it gets reception and suddenly speed shows. Mind you at same time your cycling speed rpm is showing, so my question is if you are relying on GPS, and it is spotty, can you instead use the rpms to calculate the speed then sample the GPS when it is available? It may have been coincidence, but that was my immediate conclusion. Has no one else noticed this, or is there a sensitivity setting I can adjust so it samples maybe a little less frequently so speed always shows?
Could you try to use the data coming from the bike and not from the GPS? There is a configuration for this...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
There is an issue with GPS on IOS(or iPhones) i think. My iPhone 8 did the same all the time, i bought old Sony Experia to do the job. No issues with Android.
Android version is better in every aspect in my opinion.
What is the issue in the GPX?
I will check tonight...

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
@PaoloBLEvo,
I bought the app a while ago, but I don't see a user guide and an easy step by step guide with explaination of what the parameters mean would be great. Can you add one we can download or open a thread on here with instructions you can update when the app is updated?

could you also create some useful user setting defaults like they have in mission control?

Google Blevo Guide and it will point you in the right direction (y)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
HAHAHA, i wish :D
But no rumors regarding blocking of third party apps?
I asked to Specialized, but I didn't received any answer...
We will test when the bikes will be available...
Some rumors say that there will be a new App to handle the new bike, but I think (and I hope) is a fake rumor... But we will see...
May be Specialized takes so many time to release the new version of Mission Control due to adding the handling of new bike.. But I don't know... these are only suppositions...

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think something is coming called flex mode which from what i have been told is like Blevo smart control

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles