Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I think I may have a clue. After seeing your message above I tried uploading to Strava from every different place I could find and did manage to get a couple of uploads to succeed (see attached) although I can also reproduce the same failure at will. The two times it worked were from the ride list when I selected the button to upload to Strava it prompted me for a ride name and I replaced the default text some something else e.g. "foo". All of the times it fails it does not ask me for the ride name. It just goes straight to the error dialog after pressing the upload button or first asks me to confirm that I want to upload it to Strava and then goes to the failure dialog. (Maybe it thinks those rides have already been uploaded so doesn't ask for the ride name?). Note that the error happens whether I press the button that is at the bottom of the screen that appears immediately after selecting a ride from the ride list or if I also press the "More Details" button and then scroll down to the bottom and press the upload to Strava button there. Similarly, immediately after finishing a ride and saving the gpx file, when it prompts me if I want to also save it to Strava if I answer yes it fails there as well.

So basically if the ride has not been named and it asks me to name the ride after pressing the "Upload to Strava" button it seems to work. But sometimes (most times) after pressing the "upload to Strava" button it goes straight to the error. Note that the error sometimes shows up before the confirmation dialog that asks if I want to upload to Strava, and sometimes afterward. If the ride has ever been previously named (or renamed) I can't get past the error.

View attachment 27849
Ok thanks.. I will check your sequence..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I am a satisfied Blevo user, but I just got a new phone (S10e) and now I can't record map data. All bike, distance, and elevation data is recorded. When I ask Blevo to show me the map of my ride, it says "No data found in the CSV file".

GPS is enabled in the phone and I don't start my ride until I get the thumbs up icon next to GPS. I'm sure this is a phone configuration error because my previous S4 phone recorded map data of the same route. I don't remember having to change any phone settings on the S4 to enable map data recording.

I always lock the screen because the phone is in my pocket. That didn't affect my S4 phone. Maybe there is a secret setting in the S10e I have to change?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Maybe there is the battery optimization active.. You have to deselect it for BLEvo otherwise when the screen is switched off the BLEvo app is killed...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I think I may have a clue. After seeing your message above I tried uploading to Strava from every different place I could find and did manage to get a couple of uploads to succeed (see attached) although I can also reproduce the same failure at will. The two times it worked were from the ride list when I selected the button to upload to Strava it prompted me for a ride name and I replaced the default text some something else e.g. "foo". All of the times it fails it does not ask me for the ride name. It just goes straight to the error dialog after pressing the upload button or first asks me to confirm that I want to upload it to Strava and then goes to the failure dialog. (Maybe it thinks those rides have already been uploaded so doesn't ask for the ride name?). Note that the error happens whether I press the button that is at the bottom of the screen that appears immediately after selecting a ride from the ride list or if I also press the "More Details" button and then scroll down to the bottom and press the upload to Strava button there. Similarly, immediately after finishing a ride and saving the gpx file, when it prompts me if I want to also save it to Strava if I answer yes it fails there as well.

So basically if the ride has not been named and it asks me to name the ride after pressing the "Upload to Strava" button it seems to work. But sometimes (most times) after pressing the "upload to Strava" button it goes straight to the error. Note that the error sometimes shows up before the confirmation dialog that asks if I want to upload to Strava, and sometimes afterward. If the ride has ever been previously named (or renamed) I can't get past the error.

View attachment 27849
I tried all your steps, but I didn't get any error.. Could you try to make a video with DU Recorder or something like that?

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
Can anyone confirm that when using the expert mode to configure modes whether the "training bike power" is overridden by what appear to be individual power settings for each mode. I.e. is this field ignored when expert mode is activated?

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 12.06.28.png

Also, is there any documentation for this?

Screenshot_20200329_121541_com.dopa.android.blevo.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Can anyone confirm that when using the expert mode to configure modes whether the "training bike power" is overridden by what appear to be individual power settings for each mode. I.e. is this field ignored when expert mode is activated?

View attachment 27995

Also, is there any documentation for this?

View attachment 27996
For "assistance increase" I suggest to set the auto mode..

For training legs power value, the main value is the reference for each assistance level, where you can select a different legs power value.

I hope it is more clear..

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
For "assistance increase" I suggest to set the auto mode..

For training legs power value, the main value is the reference for each assistance level, where you can select a different legs power value.

I hope it is more clear..

Thank you for the reply, I'm not really sure what you mean by reference though? Is it used at all in the attached config?

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I tried all your steps, but I didn't get any error.. Could you try to make a video with DU Recorder or something like that?
I sent you a pm with a link to the recording. Please let me know if there is anything else I can collect.

Last edited:

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Ciao @PaoloBLEvo -
By way of intro, I had a 45-year career in technical s/w development and also wrote a couple of Android apps after I retired, which makes me really appreciate the complexity of what you have done with BLEvo, especially since it is for a relatively small community of users. I have been using the app with a 2020 Vado 4.0, and even though I know that the app is BLEvo and not BVAdo :), I think that the bikes share some DNA and should be usable for me to (1) adjust the mode parameters and (2) monitor my rides to show detailed info on wattage, power, etc. But it would be helpful if I knew more about how the app works in order to understand some "strange" things that I am seeing.

One minor issue is that it sees my battery as having 450Wh when it is actually 500Wh. Can this be fixed? I think it throws off some calculations.

But mainly, when I run Mission Control after having used BLEvo to set parameters, I often don't see the parameters set as I expected. Mainly, the PP for the Trail and Turbo modes often show as zero in MC. And even BLEvo sometimes does not seem to recover the same settings when reconnected.

So what is BLEvo actually doing as far as writing the settings to the TCU? Under what circumstances does it alter these parameters? It is not clear to me what actions in the app cause the settings to be rewritten to the TCU.

Right now I am reverting to using MC to set the parameters until I have a better understanding about what is happening. As a software developer, I think that you will understand my wish to understand. :D

By the way, what part of Italy are you in? I worked for some years with a company in Torino and traveled there many times -- the best years of my career!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thank you for the reply, I'm not really sure what you mean by reference though? Is it used at all in the attached config?
I suggest to you to modify the "assistance increase" value, from +2 to Auto.. I don't know if I understand well you question..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ciao @PaoloBLEvo -
By way of intro, I had a 45-year career in technical s/w development and also wrote a couple of Android apps after I retired, which makes me really appreciate the complexity of what you have done with BLEvo, especially since it is for a relatively small community of users. I have been using the app with a 2020 Vado 4.0, and even though I know that the app is BLEvo and not BVAdo :), I think that the bikes share some DNA and should be usable for me to (1) adjust the mode parameters and (2) monitor my rides to show detailed info on wattage, power, etc. But it would be helpful if I knew more about how the app works in order to understand some "strange" things that I am seeing.

One minor issue is that it sees my battery as having 450Wh when it is actually 500Wh. Can this be fixed? I think it throws off some calculations.

But mainly, when I run Mission Control after having used BLEvo to set parameters, I often don't see the parameters set as I expected. Mainly, the PP for the Trail and Turbo modes often show as zero in MC. And even BLEvo sometimes does not seem to recover the same settings when reconnected.

So what is BLEvo actually doing as far as writing the settings to the TCU? Under what circumstances does it alter these parameters? It is not clear to me what actions in the app cause the settings to be rewritten to the TCU.

Right now I am reverting to using MC to set the parameters until I have a better understanding about what is happening. As a software developer, I think that you will understand my wish to understand. :D

By the way, what part of Italy are you in? I worked for some years with a company in Torino and traveled there many times -- the best years of my career!
I'm living in Varese, close to Milano..
For the issue for BLEvo with Vado, I didn't test personally so I cannot help you so much.
What I can say is that BLEvo read the parameter from the bike only if you press the reload parameter.. If you use Mission Control than BLEvo, you have to reload the parameter, otherwise BLEvo will show the latest parameter set with BLEvo..
I hope this can answer you question..
Thanks.
Paolo.

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
I'm living in Varese, close to Milano..
For the issue for BLEvo with Vado, I didn't test personally so I cannot help you so much.
What I can say is that BLEvo read the parameter from the bike only if you press the reload parameter.. If you use Mission Control than BLEvo, you have to reload the parameter, otherwise BLEvo will show the latest parameter set with BLEvo..
I hope this can answer you question..
Thanks.
Paolo.
Thank you, that is OK for now. Let me know if I can provide you with any information about the Vado in the future. For example, my battery is 504Wh but displays in BLEvo as 450Wh; perhaps my battery ID is not registered in BLEvo?

WoZei

Apr 18, 2019
Germany
I sent you a pm with a link to the recording. Please let me know if there is anything else I can collect.

According to our Error 1 - Upload-Problem:
I deleted the whole storage of Blevo via the android app manager. Then I deinstalled Blevo and reinstalled it. I didn't use the backup and restore function from Blevo but configured it manually. Now Blevo looks slightly different than before (I noticed german expression on some places, where I had english ones before) - maybe a update problem.

But now the upload to strava works again.

Last edited:

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
For anybody: when I run BLEvo, I just keep my Android phone in my pocket and let it act as a monitor. If I take the phone out while it is active and try to tap on some control such as the Pause button, I get a message saying "Unlock screen...". What is this telling me to do? The Android screen does not appear to be locked. Is this a locking function within BLEvo?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The battery health is 100%. It is new.

How do your software get this value. Do you actually read the value '450' from the bike, or do you read a code or model number and look it up in a table?
It is read from the bike..
please upload a screen shot of the Battery Monitor.. Thanks..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
For anybody: when I run BLEvo, I just keep my Android phone in my pocket and let it act as a monitor. If I take the phone out while it is active and try to tap on some control such as the Pause button, I get a message saying "Unlock screen...". What is this telling me to do? The Android screen does not appear to be locked. Is this a locking function within BLEvo?
You can remove this functionality, if you want.. There is a checkbox in the configuration.
In any case it is very important to keep the screen locked when it is in the pocket, in order to avoid pressure for mistake of some buttons in the BLEvo user interface.
In order to unlock the screen you should press the home button and unlock with the method you select in the phone (pin code, swipe, fingerprint...)

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
What is the trick for changing Strava accounts in BLEvo? When I first set it up I seem to recall it prompted me for the login info and that worked fine. But now I want to switch to a different Strava account but can't figure out where to change it. Removing then adding BLEvo authorization doesn't prompt me for the account again. Rather it remembers the earlier account and jumps directly to authorizing with that one which works, but is not what I want. (The Strava app on the Android device where BLEvo is installed as well as the Google account are both pointing to the new Strava account if that matters.)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I juste release the version 3.5.8 of BLEvo for iOS.
These are the news:

- Now if the cadence is greater than 10, the moving bike is considered
- Added configuration flag to calculate the range including the downhill KM
- Now if you rename a file, it is checked that the extension is GPX otherwise it is no longer displayed
- Moved the graphics to avoid conflicts with the iPhone X bar
- Now the + and - keys in the bike monitor are +/- 5 watts and +/- 10 watts or +/- 2% and +/- 5% depending on whether the Smart Power is active or not
- Added auto start and continuous auto ride configuration options

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
What is the trick for changing Strava accounts in BLEvo? When I first set it up I seem to recall it prompted me for the login info and that worked fine. But now I want to switch to a different Strava account but can't figure out where to change it. Removing then adding BLEvo authorization doesn't prompt me for the account again. Rather it remembers the earlier account and jumps directly to authorizing with that one which works, but is not what I want. (The Strava app on the Android device where BLEvo is installed as well as the Google account are both pointing to the new Strava account if that matters.)
Try to remove the authorization in BLEvo, then go on Strava Web site and deauthorize BLEvo from here
reboot the phone, and try it again.
iOS or Android?

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Try to remove the authorization in BLEvo, then go on Strava Web site and deauthorize BLEvo from here
reboot the phone, and try it again.
iOS or Android?

I had already tried that without the phone reboot, but doing it again with the reboot didn't help. After removing the authorization both from BLEvo and Strava when I try and then upload a ride (via the button at the bottom of the "more details" page) it takes me directly to the "Add Strava Authorization page" with the only options being "Authorize" or "Cancel" if I select "Authorize" it succeeds (see the attached screenshot) but all subsequent uploads still go to the old Strava account. Also BLEvo does then show up in my Strava settings under apps, but in the old Strava account, not the new one. The BLEvo app is running on Android 7 (BV6000).

Screenshot_20200407-150820.png

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
I juste release the version 3.5.8 of BLEvo for iOS.
These are the news:

- Now if the cadence is greater than 10, the moving bike is considered
- Added configuration flag to calculate the range including the downhill KM
- Now if you rename a file, it is checked that the extension is GPX otherwise it is no longer displayed
- Moved the graphics to avoid conflicts with the iPhone X bar
- Now the + and - keys in the bike monitor are +/- 5 watts and +/- 10 watts or +/- 2% and +/- 5% depending on whether the Smart Power is active or not
- Added auto start and continuous auto ride configuration options

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo..
Still no Landscape mode for IOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles