Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo A minor issue but when distance is set to miles in iOS BLEvo, Strava average consumption is labeled wh/km though BLEvo correctly shows wh/mi. The values are the same and are the correct wh/mi but labeled incorrectly in Strava.

Wish the USA would switch to metric like most of the world. Maybe I should do my part and go metric, damn everyone else around me. ? ?
Ok thanks.. I will check and fix the issue..

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
Ive got a question for TurbonLevo users: Is version with 700Wh battery, full suspension 2018 possible derestriction with BLevo? Will it be the most advanced TurboLevo with derestriction possible? If not, which is? My will is 700Wh battery with full suspension next year ;)

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
As far as I know there is no 700 Wh battery for 2018 Levo! You have to go for a 2019 Levo which in general is the same as 2020 Levos.
Derestriction with BLevo was possible for 2019 Levos. It depends of TCU firmware. Since firmwareupdates after 2.019 (in BLevo called V1.7.0) it is not possible anymore via BLevo. I doubt you‘ll get such an „old-firmwared“ Levo nowadays.

Last edited:

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
I doubt you‘ll get such an „old“ Levo nowadays.
Only if some one did not make an update via Spec Dealer, but there is a hope......there always is :D Thank You wery much for explanation!
Can i visually recogzie 2019 Levo by difference in mounting a battery? It is slided from teh bootom (not as pre 2019 models attached from front)?

Last edited:

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Only if some one did not make an update via Spec Dealer, but there is a hope......there always is :D Thank You wery much for explanation!
Can i visually recogzie 2019 Levo by difference in mounting a battery? It is slided from teh bootom (not as pre 2019 models attached from front)?
The old bikes, ie before 2019, has the LED display on the side of the bike. Usually they have 27.5 wheels (except the cheapest model with 29”). The 2019 and 2020 bikes are the same except equipment and colour.
There are som bugs in the first firmware of the 2019, my bike was possible to tune with Blevo but I asked dealer to upgrade so I could use smart power. This was impossible before with buggy firmware. Now I have the velociraptor installed.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released the version 3.6.5 of BLEvo for Android.
I have reviewed the configuration menu of the Smart Power and Smart HR to make its operation clearer.
In this video I tried to explain it
In the next days there will be available also subtitles in English, French, German and Spanish.

Here are all the news:
- Review the configuration interface for Smart Power
- Now with the configuration of the Smart Power it is also possible to select the reference assistance
- Added configuration parameter to be able to turn off the screen if the phone battery is below 20%
- Now, if only one level of assistance has been used, only the total statistics will be shown
- Revised the bike monitor configuration menu
- Now you can open the configuration from the tour list
- The elevation graph is now filled with green

Download the update from Google Play.
Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Today I did my first ride with the new phone LG G6..
The phone with the silicon cover stays very well in the GUB hokder, without any additional elastics.
The screen has very good characteristics for ride with BLEvo. My only doubt is the battery. It has "only" 3300mAh. The problem is the brightness of the bigger screen (5.5" instead 4.7" of the BV6000).
My ride was about for 2 hours and half and the phone has been with the screen on for all the time .. the battery left has been 30%.. but at the begin the brightness was at 100% and the first 30 minutes the battery went quickly down.. then I set the brightness to 50%. I will repeat the test starting with 50%.
Maybe this phone is not very good for a long ride, or for a ride with always the screen on.
You can switch off the screen and with BLEvo the screen can be switched on with the remote control, or changing the assistance level or when a waypoint is reached. This trick can be used for save some battery during long ride.
I attach some comparison pictures between LG G6 and BV6000

View attachment 22846
View attachment 22847 View attachment 22848 View attachment 22849 View attachment 22850
Hi Paolo,
I'm interested in the LG G6. Were you able to increase battery life since your first post? You mentioned testing it at lower brightness. I'm aware of the Newdery battery case 5000mAh but would like to know the practical limit of the built-battery. Any other issues you've discovered? Thanks!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,
I'm interested in the LG G6. Were you able to increase battery life since your first post? You mentioned testing it at lower brightness. I'm aware of the Newdery battery case 5000mAh but would like to know the practical limit of the built-battery. Any other issues you've discovered? Thanks!
Sorry, I forgot to update the test result...
I did this ride with the brightness at 50%..
Relive 'Pian Valdes + Brasiliana + Cubana + Lago'
3.30 of ride with the phone always on..
Phone battery left 18%..
Bike battery left 28%..
Biker "battery" left: 0%.. ???

For longer ride I suggest to switch-off the screen and set the automatic switch on when the assistance level is changed or when you press a button on the remote..
Now I added the option to automatic switch off the screen when the phone battery is under 20%.
I bought something like Newdery (with 5000mAh) but it doesn't fit in the phone handlebar holder, so I cannot use it.. I think it is better to have a power bank in the bag and during the break recharge the phone.. This will be my solution for my long ride..

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Hi all
can someone please tell me how the real mile function works? My bike is delimited and I have adjusted the speed toggle to compensate so I was expecting the app to us this speed adjustment to produce the real miles figure, but both miles and real miles are showing the same figure being what the bike thinks it’s done which is 50% less than the actual.
thanks

D7CAEECE-CA4C-434E-AFC7-D701AB0CFAE6.jpeg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi all
can someone please tell me how the real mile function works? My bike is delimited and I have adjusted the speed toggle to compensate so I was expecting the app to us this speed adjustment to produce the real miles figure, but both miles and real miles are showing the same figure being what the bike thinks it’s done which is 50% less than the actual.
thanks

View attachment 23841
The real miles are calculated based on the fake will size.. but if you have some unlock system like Levociraptor, BLEvo will not adjust the value..
Maybe I will remove this field because can be misunderstood..

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
The real miles are calculated based on the fake will size.. but if you have some unlock system like Levociraptor, BLEvo will not adjust the value..
Maybe I will remove this field because can be misunderstood..
Thank you for your time. It is a really useful field for those that use a Levociraptor style hack. It would be great if it could work from the speed correction slider or have it’s own slider with an X times value. My Levo system believes it runs at about 50% of actual speed and therefore distance.

Thanks

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
My first ride with LG G3 mod with big battery pack. Used about 20% of battery with screen always on (auto brightness). Seems ok.
For LG G6 and its battery there is an solution ive got. A headlight with powerbank function. My Garicon:
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
It has a powerbank function and can light when charging...
rb40oChm2E2WxU1ScL-WgM6i2aqXevJvdLlNc_P9vk-9RSwCqtnJTU2fpk_1JbXObcWQFihA8q87Fg4vJFGkwpNsPmWkTgjS8j6GC5tY-MXr8o3AboqknFe9DTp_G1wXC8ocqZIuhnnUKSuUZo475bYDK4W_sb4B16lVbg6tuJcVEqjE0W6B4S1cGISZavv3boMaG9Bp7lEc0Od3kRppa-YwVa47FEoB7sQ2DMgCo9HbupaU49rmWWh6Og0P9thPsj04efitBW8hW4IEeoOI6e89WAUCYprDk8MOvQy6jNM3mlObAaendcAIUYD-Ie4TJbkbCYWAKlZ94qWYRDkZOOAV3Tzw0E-IWNJ9UXEi1duPFu-1uJR_W1q1_uJ3KB_Ph7hv3sbN5b4346I3UP1kL8ZgPmSTHvYD9PDEONEocP1Q8uNdZDH1jY5agiwNprph2CA7fLUjkizW2hUsI0upaJGDVIKxOPVKLx90FCGvwlt3f4F0HxlFao3zK0Ke0PHC6oTl9o6NLN37OxfYGxmv7v42cgXlCvBCmMcVrt1EbzLWdLejlKvSt9WjlwheZ3sny__8RvOigJmEirsXxczRub3xpcFA_dLrMnTdZTgWHiBlJunG9cei9Hxhwbm1vXuhE6s_XVP3OGSKppJ7yPWuN7BJpL8KNR1a5_4a3CaVe_ZoxO8TM_iSWdIewsc95BRG2WW7gruOk5DiY2I0uYRgR_gr5LF-rsMBbJO1gybSy90-wmtDAA=w1263-h947-no

ms3tfbcmpMjXiGGHkZfZZiBtO_TosETkuLXbS0FcDle2gKTDRPFv5-YcpyY5l88vLmfQ6iizXPAJRdktFRUxo2OC0a8sglEAYp1VZYpxfy6U7yB9ZUDHQD-TkUMHrcZGU1uteLGl_e67b4A_Dp391LXzW19v8faB3wlh2UCKFwCvncjJ0NEPWwVCFi2pJXjd6ClluX_mWEk23owx6p-tS7Ir7dfWcohhXVOlNDBrJ9Go93ct0MOlrVsao2M4LXkXzVdt68nlwC2IQ4VgNUfWm4LP6HiuQG8CYCGK8gyhZOEAiZasXidmQKafWcYp8_nEuH6TbAM92yDiFkVu68jEWnAA4NCaO3Pg6EYvWAgaICgGRJ1uzkN49_rKF7mhmaTL_4I1p63kbIql7FbUFab_EqPS04szu7D-toOF0Ni8MrEBnukclzlgfHQXqrzl6fBuOSbZqF3dAZe0SBOYaA4sl1WHTlOBQv5NJ0UqbtN39avdIY5c5W8VVzFict0pddNwS6vjzHRi6Tgfv0dqAluuTnSMPQ3ZbXvmsQkwWqfYXiFAEZ-ftRoSYY5IZxnXX7vhn4-gAlWhBFchjnumSLVey3cr8uefL3NLjpS76vVeaxIVhqPg4CUXALWIUNfwgAkh1hOQMpQhhEdZnsFsCJa065me2o_oKEy6XzIQqM9zDRXNLwfu9T8gZxAsH-a5yot8q_E2pTtfmlEOsde-7LXHzqOxVh1KA-dFLPNcBsDNV3iz4TwcJQ=w474-h947-no

I made this photo with my LG G6 thats normally rides with me in GUB10.
Here how looks G3 with battery mod you can see in this album at the end:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AN1cnXF4eLLLfgxaA

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
@pabloblevo I just found out I can get Trailforks as .img overlays. They work fine on my Garmin Edge. Would be nice to have on Blevo too. Any idea how to get to this?

RobbieJay

Jun 21, 2018
Scotland
A few questions for iOS users.
I see videos of the android version, and it seems that it’s way more functional or user friendly.

1) Is there any way to fully customise, size and location of information displayed on the dash, more than just selecting what goes in each available box.

2) the android version seems to let users slide up and down to display between the map and the dash (a series seen in robs video etc) can this feature be ported over to IOS or can We get a much easier way to switching between the map view and the dash, as currently we press a map icon on the top left (when in dash mode) then a settings icon on the bottom left, next to another icon to get back to dash mode when in map mode? It’s hard to navigate when’ moving.

3) Will iOS users get some more user friendly menu options for when we are riding that make it a little more user friendly like the android version?

4) my iOS version doesn’t a seem to support horizontal mode on my phone (6s on my bike) can this be implemented?

5) Can iOS version support turning screen off and then on via mode change?

Other than that, love the app, it’s totally fantastic and works great with version 7 ;)

Thank @PaoloBLEvo for a fantastic app!
My feedback isn’t complaints, just ideas to make it easier to use while on the move.

RoedeOrm

Aug 25, 2019
Germany
What does "reference assistance/static assistance" mean?
Is this the starting point for power support used until e.g. heart rate goes over the maximum or under the minimum?

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
What does "reference assistance/static assistance" mean?
Is this the starting point for power support used until e.g. heart rate goes over the maximum or under the minimum?
Good question. The static assistance is the one you configure on the Bike Setup page for ECO, TRAIL and TURBO.

Actually, the value on the Smart Power screen is not particularly useful for an end user. There is a constraint on the bike that doesn't allow the them to overlap across modes, and therefore the Smart Power screen stops that happening.

Perhaps this is an item that can be simplified in the future, and hidden.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@pabloblevo I just found out I can get Trailforks as .img overlays. They work fine on my Garmin Edge. Would be nice to have on Blevo too. Any idea how to get to this?
You can download the GPX from Trailforks and inport in BLEvo.. Maybe I don't understood well what you want..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
A few questions for iOS users.
I see videos of the android version, and it seems that it’s way more functional or user friendly.

1) Is there any way to fully customise, size and location of information displayed on the dash, more than just selecting what goes in each available box.
In iOS you can select only the data to show. There is only 2 display: one with map+data and one with data and gauge
2) the android version seems to let users slide up and down to display between the map and the dash (a series seen in robs video etc) can this feature be ported over to IOS or can We get a much easier way to switching between the map view and the dash, as currently we press a map icon on the top left (when in dash mode) then a settings icon on the bottom left, next to another icon to get back to dash mode when in map mode? It’s hard to navigate when’ moving.
The only way to switch between one display and another is the buttons you said.
If you have the remote control, you can use it
3) Will iOS users get some more user friendly menu options for when we are riding that make it a little more user friendly like the android version?
Could you explain better?
4) my iOS version doesn’t a seem to support horizontal mode on my phone (6s on my bike) can this be implemented?
The horizontal version is not yet implemented in iOS
5) Can iOS version support turning screen off and then on via mode change?
This functionality is not yet implemented..
Other than that, love the app, it’s totally fantastic and works great with version 7 ;)

Thank @PaoloBLEvo for a fantastic app!
My feedback isn’t complaints, just ideas to make it easier to use while on the move.
Thanks a lot for your feedback..
I hope in the next weeks to have time for updating the iOS version..
Sorry for this misalignment

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Are you sure that the quadlock system works well for hard trail? My friend broke the mounting system due to a hard descent..
Well I guess it depends on what you do with your bike. Sure you shouldn't be doing backflips off a cliff with this mount, but for normal Trail use it will do absolutly fine. And by mounting it backwards your phone sits on the inside of your handlebars and directly over the stem, so it is not as vunerable as sitting in front of the handlebar. I actually tested this on the first ride, my handlebar got snagged on the picket fence of our local cemetary, tore me right around and on my ass. Phone went flying, but didn't break, mount was ok, too. Only thing that went was my pride from the scowling glances the two elderly ladies gave me.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I actually tested this on the first ride, my handlebar got snagged on the picket fence of our local cemetary, tore me right around and on my ass. Phone went flying, but didn't break, mount was ok, too.
Damn, I just ordered one of these the other day too..
Sounds like I wasted my money and I'll need to find something else :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles