Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi BigFoot,

Besides the comments of Indigo in previous post, I can only add that the BV6000 (32GB) has a smaller internal memory than the BV6000S (16GB). I use the openandro maps which you download once and then save on the device so you can use the maps without a simcard. I am not sure how big the files are for the US but I guess, taking the price difference in mind, it's maybe smarter to order a BV6000.

Thanks for the invite of riding near Washington DC. I have never been in that area before but it must be beautiful. Unfortunately we have small kids so I guess we will not be able to visit the area in short term.

Hi Maastricht
What would the instruction be to down load OSM, all of the united States on Micro-sd card and install it in the BV6000s, Can I do this on the computer, with the micro SD card installed in the computer?
I am currently down loading by tiles directly on the phone (slow) and it will only let me down load a small area.
I have done the micro Sd process for my garmin 800 and 1030 but not sure what format Blevo and BV6000s takes?

Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Maastricht
What would the instruction be to down load OSM, all of the united States on Micro-sd card and install it in the BV6000s, Can I do this on the computer, with the micro SD card installed in the computer?
I am currently down loading by tiles directly on the phone (slow) and it will only let me down load a small area.
I have done the micro Sd process for my garmin 800 and 1030 but not sure what format Blevo and BV6000s takes?

Thanks
Hi BigFoot,
It is not possible to download the OSM on the uSD.. You can do only with Openandromaps...
Download the maps from Index of /pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/mapsV4/usa/
and put the unzipped files in the folder /BLEvo/MAPS on the uSD..
That's all..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Kiwi
Thant some impressive riding!
Which model year Levo do you have?, and how is your levo battery heath percentage?
How many full charges on the Battery?

Thanks
Hi BigFoot,
It’s a 2019.
I have 3 batteries. 2 x 500Wh and 1 x 700Wh
27 charges on 1 x 500Wh, 30 charges on the other 500Wh and 54 charges on the 700Wh.
Health percentage on both the 500 Wh battteries is 100% and 99% on the 700Wh.

7199C59F-299C-4DB4-BEBF-FBA8DFBC4243.jpeg

Last edited:

Loek

Nov 9, 2019
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Hi all,
I have started to use BLEvo on my 2017 Levo first on IOS but changed to Android as it gives more functionalities. It really is a great app!

I do have some issues/questions that maybe somebody can help me with:
- In both apps (IOS and Android) the cadence and biker power are not showing anything above 0. I did switch on the fake channel in MC and put it on cadence. When I switch between MC and BLEvo (and do not switch off the bike in between) it does work. But when I disconnect both apps and the bike and restart the bike and only BLEvo (not MC) the dashboard doesn't show anything above 0. The control signs at the top of the screen all report a thumps up by the way. TCU version as shown in BLEvo is V1.7.0.
- Is there a similar functionality like 'smart control' in MC? I am a bit worried that I use all my battery capacity during trail riding and then there is no juice left to drive home :)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi all,
I have started to use BLEvo on my 2017 Levo first on IOS but changed to Android as it gives more functionalities. It really is a great app!

I do have some issues/questions that maybe somebody can help me with:
- In both apps (IOS and Android) the cadence and biker power are not showing anything above 0. I did switch on the fake channel in MC and put it on cadence. When I switch between MC and BLEvo (and do not switch off the bike in between) it does work. But when I disconnect both apps and the bike and restart the bike and only BLEvo (not MC) the dashboard doesn't show anything above 0. The control signs at the top of the screen all report a thumps up by the way. TCU version as shown in BLEvo is V1.7.0.
- Is there a similar functionality like 'smart control' in MC? I am a bit worried that I use all my battery capacity during trail riding and then there is no juice left to drive home :)
For the cadence issue, I think you need to disable the fake channel in MC, because BLEvo doesn't handle this value.
In order to save battery, try the Smart Power.. You have to set your legs power and BLEvo will adjust the assistance percentage to keep the same legs power for all the ride..

Loek

Nov 9, 2019
Arnhem, The Netherlands
For the cadence issue, I think you need to disable the fake channel in MC, because BLEvo doesn't handle this value.
In order to save battery, try the Smart Power.. You have to set your legs power and BLEvo will adjust the assistance percentage to keep the same legs power for all the ride..
Thanks for your quick reply Paolo. I just tested it with a disabled fake channel but the same result. No power readings or cadence. And when I switch the 'use always GPS instead bike data' off I also do not get any speed readings. It looks like it doesn't communicate with the engine..
The only reading that I get in my dashboard is motor power.

So as long as I do not have any power readings I can't use the smart power with legs power functionality either.. Let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for your quick reply Paolo. I just tested it with a disabled fake channel but the same result. No power readings or cadence. And when I switch the 'use always GPS instead bike data' off I also do not get any speed readings. It looks like it doesn't communicate with the engine..
The only reading that I get in my dashboard is motor power.

So as long as I do not have any power readings I can't use the smart power with legs power functionality either.. Let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this
Which is the firmware version of the battery?
It seams that the speed sensor and cadence sensor doesn't work correctly..
Could you test with Mission Control?
If you have problem also with MC you can contact your dealer..

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
Paulo i ve got few issues with some settings in BLEvo, maybe other users got it also. I suggest (if it is possible of course) to add few options in BLEvo settings.
1. When i start BLEvo it always prompt me to turn on BT even if i dont want to connect to my bike i think it should be obligatory when entering "Bike Monitor".
2. When i finish ride i always got question about:
- name a ride (i dont want to);
- save aditional GPX (i always want to);
- upload to strava (i always want to - all.my rides are publised as "private" and then, on strava i decide if i make it "public" or not);
I wolud like (maybe other users too) to have an option to choose is settings wheter i want this things done all automatically after i touch "end ride".
Another problem is with my LG G6 because i can't set "white wallpaper" when ride, it is always a black backlight no matter if i mark in settings "black background" or not..
I use always balck, but just checking :)
Another issue but not so important is when downloading map tiles there is no possibility to "go back" or do something else in that time because BLEvo prompts to cancel dowload.

Loek

Nov 9, 2019
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Which is the firmware version of the battery?
It seams that the speed sensor and cadence sensor doesn't work correctly..
Could you test with Mission Control?
If you have problem also with MC you can contact your dealer..
Firmware version of battery is 4.17.1.
In MC only first 100m all the sensors work. In MC motor information serial number, hardware and firmware are reporting a dash, no info only temperature.
Tommorow I’ll go to the dealer to reinstall the software and check the sensors. I’ll let you know when I have an update.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paulo i ve got few issues with some settings in BLEvo, maybe other users got it also. I suggest (if it is possible of course) to add few options in BLEvo settings.
1. When i start BLEvo it always prompt me to turn on BT even if i dont want to connect to my bike i think it should be obligatory when entering "Bike Monitor".
2. When i finish ride i always got question about:
- name a ride (i dont want to);
- save aditional GPX (i always want to);
- upload to strava (i always want to - all.my rides are publised as "private" and then, on strava i decide if i make it "public" or not);
I wolud like (maybe other users too) to have an option to choose is settings wheter i want this things done all automatically after i touch "end ride".
Another problem is with my LG G6 because i can't set "white wallpaper" when ride, it is always a black backlight no matter if i mark in settings "black background" or not..
I use always balck, but just checking :)
Another issue but not so important is when downloading map tiles there is no possibility to "go back" or do something else in that time because BLEvo prompts to cancel dowload.
Ok.. I will check your issue..
Thanks for notification..
I will try also to add your request to the wishlist..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Firmware version of battery is 4.17.1.
In MC only first 100m all the sensors work. In MC motor information serial number, hardware and firmware are reporting a dash, no info only temperature.
Tommorow I’ll go to the dealer to reinstall the software and check the sensors. I’ll let you know when I have an update.
With MC you can start the ride and select what you see on the dash board..
Please select cadence and speed and check if the value are correct..
Thanks...

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi BigFoot,
It is not possible to download the OSM on the uSD.. You can do only with Openandromaps...
Download the maps from Index of /pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/mapsV4/usa/
and put the unzipped files in the folder /BLEvo/MAPS on the uSD..
That's all..
Hi Paolo
I just tried to hook up a second bike to the BV 6000 S and the Bluetooth became unstable again .

the first 2019 levo has TCU 3.025 on it
That bike seems to work with BLEvo and the BV 6000 S

The second bike won’t keep the Bluetooth connection on the BV 6000 S has TCU version 3.019 (is this version too old ?) but it does hold Bluetooth connection on a iPhone 11
The firm ware version is 0.3.1

What are your thoughts?
thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo
I just tried to hook up a second bike to the BV 6000 S and the Bluetooth became unstable again .

the first 2019 levo has TCU 3.025 on it
That bike seems to work with BLEvo and the BV 6000 S

The second bike won’t keep the Bluetooth connection on the BV 6000 S has TCU version 3.019 (is this version too old ?) but it does hold Bluetooth connection on a iPhone 11
The firm ware version is 0.3.1

What are your thoughts?
thanks
I had a lot issue with older version of TCU..
With the TCU version 3.034 is connection is stable.. you can try to update it..
Just to remember that you will not be able to change the speed limit

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Speed set at 30km/h and wheel size set at 2300mm in Blevo, wheel size in MC is 2300mm ?

No matter what speed I set in BLEVO my wheel size in MC stays at. 2300mm....is this correct?
I know that you are supposed to set the wheel size in BLEVO to your correct wheel size, but I set the wheel size in BLEVO to 2100mm just to see what happens and MC reported the below!!!:eek:
BDA470D4-49BC-40C7-BE13-EA139D4442C5.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

jsh6061

Nov 24, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Hello

Been using Blevo for a year now. Been using golden cheetah software to analyze the tcx files. Anybody know of a software that can analyze the .csv file exports ? There is way more information in those files.

Deltakilo

Oct 9, 2019
usa
What heart rate monitor are you guys using with Blevo? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Blevo installed so far I've tried 2 HRM's Garmin, and Wahoo neither of these will connect with my phone or connect with Blevo. What's the trick?

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
@PaoloBLEvo
I went on a known ride of about 16 miles today and the BLEvo details are correct. However, the map of the ride stops at 9 mi and the Strava upload also shows 9, not 16. I did stop for a while at 9 mi and the bike auto turned off but I restated and continued no problem. Again, the ride details are correct but only the map stopped when the bike turned off.
This was in previous v3.6.0. Maybe fixed in 3.6.2?

Deltakilo

Oct 9, 2019
usa
The trick is that with BLEvo works only BLE HR monitors.... so far. Garmin's are ANT+, check it.
Another trick is that only some Samsungs or Sony Phones have ANT+ bullid in. In other phones you need an adapter. Check here:

https://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones/
Thanks,
Looks like the Galaxy Note 10 has ANT+ installed the HRM I have isn't ANT+ compatible, but it does look like Wahoo has a ANT+ compatible HRM available.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
I went on a known ride of about 16 miles today and the BLEvo details are correct. However, the map of the ride stops at 9 mi and the Strava upload also shows 9, not 16. I did stop for a while at 9 mi and the bike auto turned off but I restated and continued no problem. Again, the ride details are correct but only the map stopped when the bike turned off.
This was in previous v3.6.0. Maybe fixed in 3.6.2?
This is because the GPS is not under coverage.. the distance is calculated with the bike sensor.. Please check the CSV file and see if the GPS accuracy is not good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles