Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi @BigFoot , you might be interested in these links too:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Big advantage is that the rubber housing of the BV6000(S) stays in tact and therefore waterproof.

Thanks Maastricht
I like the Apoxsee idea for sure ?

Also do you know if there’s any difference in performance I should be concerned with , between the BV6000 in the BV6000S
I will just be using it for Blevo with no sim card.

Also if anybody lives or visits the Washington DC area I’d be glad to do a ride with them urban or mountain,

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Thanks Maastricht

Also do you know if there’s any difference in performance I should be concerned with , between the BV6000 in the BV6000S

Also if anybody lives or visits the Washington DC area I’d be glad to do a ride with them urban or mountain,

I just realized I spelled Epoxy wrong ?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Indigo
I’ve been using the quad lock on my iPhone X
My iPhone X camera stimulation is going south. among other problems and I need this phone for work, I don’t think I want to Mount a iPhone on the handlebars anymore.
So I would like to purchase a BV6000S.

I have two questions.

1. How is your quad lock holding up does it stay glued to your BV6000S ?

2. is there any difference in the performance of Blevo on a BV6000S versus a BV6000 as there seems to be a big difference in price?

Thanks
1. Still very secure but I've barely done any off-road riding. Quad lock has a good reputation for being securely attached.

2. I have the BV6000S, it has the same sensors as the BV6000 but has a slower CPU and lower res cameras which I will never use. It runs BLEvo fine.

If I was purchasing a phone today to run BLEvo, I would get the just released BV6100, it has a massive 6.88 inch screen, IP68 + IP69K, a slim body with a smooth flat back surface that would suit the universal quad lock adhesive, so no modification needed. The only downside is BV6100 does not have a barometer (Air pressure sensor), however it does have 4 different GPS and BLEvo can get altitude data from GPS.

I have found the barometer of BV6000S as being not very accurate. I've been doing road riding in small hilly terrain, I think the wind (of each fast down hill section) is affecting the barometer.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Maastricht

Hi BigFoot,

Besides the comments of Indigo in previous post, I can only add that the BV6000 (32GB) has a smaller internal memory than the BV6000S (16GB). I use the openandro maps which you download once and then save on the device so you can use the maps without a simcard. I am not sure how big the files are for the US but I guess, taking the price difference in mind, it's maybe smarter to order a BV6000.

Thanks for the invite of riding near Washington DC. I have never been in that area before but it must be beautiful. Unfortunately we have small kids so I guess we will not be able to visit the area in short term.

Hermi

Oct 13, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Paolo, I’m using your BLEvo App in combination with a BV6000 since June. You did an excellent job and I really appreciate using BLEvo. Unfortunately, the voice message has not been working for a few weeks now. I tried to change some settings without success. Finally I found the following poor workaround:
- Before I start BLEvo, I have to activate WLAN
- Start BLEvo
- Go to Voice Configuration and press a Test button to play a message
- Deactivate WLAN
If I go now to my Kenevo and turn it on, voice messaging will work. Every time when I turn off BLEvo I have to go through this procedure. Do you have any recommendations on what I need to do to make voice messages work normally? Thank you in advance.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
1. Still very secure but I've barely done any off-road riding. Quad lock has a good reputation for being securely attached.

2. I have the BV6000S, it has the same sensors as the BV6000 but has a slower CPU and lower res cameras which I will never use. It runs BLEvo fine.

If I was purchasing a phone today to run BLEvo, I would get the just released BV6100, it has a massive 6.88 inch screen, IP68 + IP69K, a slim body with a smooth flat back surface that would suit the universal quad lock adhesive, so no modification needed. The only downside is BV6100 does not have a barometer (Air pressure sensor), however it does have 4 different GPS and BLEvo can get altitude data from GPS.

I have found the barometer of BV6000S as being not very accurate. I've been doing road riding in small hilly terrain, I think the wind (of each fast down hill section) is affecting the barometer.
I saw that the barometer works well if you keep open the usb connector protection.. I think the air should go inside the phone in oder to measure a good air pressure..
I think the 6100 is too big, am I wrong?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, I’m using your BLEvo App in combination with a BV6000 since June. You did an excellent job and I really appreciate using BLEvo. Unfortunately, the voice message has not been working for a few weeks now. I tried to change some settings without success. Finally I found the following poor workaround:
- Before I start BLEvo, I have to activate WLAN
- Start BLEvo
- Go to Voice Configuration and press a Test button to play a message
- Deactivate WLAN
If I go now to my Kenevo and turn it on, voice messaging will work. Every time when I turn off BLEvo I have to go through this procedure. Do you have any recommendations on what I need to do to make voice messages work normally? Thank you in advance.
I saw that this issue is present from when google updated the tezt to speech package.. if you try to deinstall the new update, it will work again..
I will try to fix the issue..

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I think the 6100 is too big, am I wrong?
Well I think it's perfect for Netflix...the 6000 not quite the full cinematic experience :0

open the usb connector protection

I think the barometric sensor is at the other end next to the audio plug

Blackview-BV6000.jpg

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
As a slim phone, I can suggest this.
Cubot Quest - Play your Own Way
It is IP68, with 5.5" but with the same dimension of BV6000 that has 4.7".
And the it is thin (8.8mm instead 14mm).
It doesn't have the barometer..
I'm thinking to change the phone..
The 5.0 inch Quest Lite looks like a good smaller & lighter option as well. Smaller battery but the smaller screen would use less power.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
The Quest looks like a good option. It seems it has bigger screen but the outer size as the BV6000 so might have worse battery life. Compared to my iPhones I am not impressed by the BV6000 battery life.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
The Quest looks like a good option. It seems it has bigger screen but the outer size as the BV6000 so might have worse battery life. Compared to my iPhones I am not impressed by the BV6000 battery life.

Hi Kave,

May I ask you which iPhone you are using? I used the iPhone 6 before and now the 8. However battery of the iPhone drains MUCH quicker in my experience than the one of the BV6000. When I use continuous screen and high brightness setting (not full brightness) than I can easily use it all day (8 hours) long. I never achieved this with my iPhones.

krisbi

Jun 23, 2018
Malta
Is there a way to transfer blevo settings from one phone to another? decided to use a cubot quest for the bike and need to change from my regular phone to that but don't want to enter all settings?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
I am using the remote control with Blevo, but incant configure the “Change Action” button to include “Add Waypoint”. I tick the box, but when I return to the configuration page it’s un-ticked.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong....?

I’m on Android.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I am using the remote control with Blevo, but incant configure the “Change Action” button to include “Add Waypoint”. I tick the box, but when I return to the configuration page it’s un-ticked.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong....?

I’m on Android.
You found a bug.. Thanks.
I will fix in the next release...

Wuttkea

Aug 17, 2019
Mannheim
I found the issue of Strava upload in the Android version.
The issue is because BLEvo add automatically the description of the ride with some statistical data. If these data have some special character (like in German language), the upload fails.
The temporary workaround is to switch the language of the phone in english and upload the activity. It should work. Just for the Strava upload.
I will fix the issue as soon as possible.
Thanks for your detective work. Sounds reasonable because I also had flagged this issue a few weeks ago and my phone is in German. Hope you'll find a solution :)

Edit: also, I can confirm that switching system language enables successful uploading.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
As a slim phone, I can suggest this.
Cubot Quest - Play your Own Way
It is IP68, with 5.5" but with the same dimension of BV6000 that has 4.7".
And the it is thin (8.8mm instead 14mm).
It doesn't have the barometer..
I'm thinking to change the phone..

Hi Pablo are you going to buy this phone and give it a try?

How will the ascending elevation and descending elevation record without the barometer sensor ?

Will it still be partially accurate In recording the climbing elevation?

Thanks for all your hard work

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi Indigo
I’ve been using the quad lock on my iPhone X
My iPhone X camera stimulation is going south. among other problems and I need this phone for work, I don’t think I want to Mount a iPhone on the handlebars anymore.
So I would like to purchase a BV6000S.

I have two questions.

1. How is your quad lock holding up does it stay glued to your BV6000S ?

2. is there any difference in the performance of Blevo on a BV6000S versus a BV6000 as there seems to be a big difference in price?

Thanks

So I purchased the Quad Lock Outfront Mount .

Me being the weight weenie I am I had to change everything on my 2019 levo including the handlebars ,and it turns out The Quad lock doesn’t fit my Renthal 35 mm carbon light fat bars.

Does Quad lock make a 35 mm clamp?
I looked on the website and I can’t find where the outfront mount fits 35 mm?

image.jpg

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA

How will the ascending elevation and descending elevation record without the barometer sensor ?

Thanks for

Paolo forgive my spelling?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
So I purchased the Quad Lock Outfront Mount .

Me being the weight weenie I am I had to change everything on my 2019 levo including the handlebars ,and it turns out The Quad lock doesn’t fit my Renthal 35 mm carbon light fat bars.

Does Quad lock make a 35 mm clamp?
I looked on the website and I can’t find where the outfront mount fits 35 mm?

View attachment 20349
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear of your predicament. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

The best alternative mount I can find on their website is the Cycling - Handlebar/Stem Mount - the last line of description says ".. fits tube diameters ranging from 25-40mm in diameter."

The O'ring straps look flimsy but they shouldn't slip. Anyway, you can always secure it using zip ties (like in 2nd picture on web page).

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

If the barometer is not detected, BLEvo use the GPS for ascend.. is not very precise ma the value is not so bad..
I don't know if I will buy it..

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Two things. One is that when reviewing a past ride by just looking at the log, Blevo exited on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.1.2 (or whatever is the latest as of today).

But, I am loving Blevo on iOS in general.

The other is that I devised a method to see which tires roll the best. I ride the same 7 mile course three times each with different types of tires, as fast as I can with hard pedaling at 100% assist. It really seems to show which tire has the least rolling resistance. But, I had an anomaly I could not explain - One of my Eddy Current rides was unusually efficient. I traced the problem to that being the only ride that started at 100% charge. So, I am pretty sure that the bike charges to MORE than 100%, and that is giving false consumption data. Not sure if Blevo can address this, or if it is a bike firmware issue to make people feel good about their battery.

Power Consumption Data

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi @BigFoot , you might be interested in these links too:

Big advantage is that the rubber housing of the BV6000(S) stays in tact and therefore waterproof.

Hi Maastricht

Can you explain about the remote is it only for android phones? and can you use it on the fly like a shifter to have many multiple levels of assistance adding or subtracting assistance from the motor?
Does the remote help save battery?

There’s been often times where I’ve been riding my 2019 levo and sometimes I’ve had too much assistance in eco ,other times I’ve had not enough assistance in trail.
It would be nice to have more levels of adjustments ,than just Eco, Trail and Turbo while the bike is in motion and you’re on single track and don’t have time to take your hand off the bar to adjust from the phone.

thanks for your help

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Remote is only for android phones. You control most aspects of Blevo with it, like increase assistance by 5%, changing the phones view to map and back etc. It’s a nice addition.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
There’s been often times where I’ve been riding my 2019 levo and sometimes I’ve had too much assistance in eco ,other times I’ve had not enough assistance in trail.
It would be nice to have more levels of adjustments ,than just Eco, Trail and Turbo while the bike is in motion and you’re on single track and don’t have time to take your hand off the bar to adjust from the phone.
The remote will solve that.

Let's see AXS controller, Turbo Controller, multiremote, BLEvo, eGenesis...what else do I need :?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Remote is only for android phones. You control most aspects of Blevo with it, like increase assistance by 5%, changing the phones view to map and back etc. It’s a nice addition.

Hi Kave, sorry but this is not correct. The remote is also supported by the ios BLEvo version and is able to change assistance percentages by 1% until 10% per click which is configurable in the remote settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles