The muds arrived.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
It doesn't seem that long ago the trails of single track in woods were dry, got a sneaky day off work today and ventured into the woods off the beaten track, I don't think ill bother now until next year :( most were un rideable where I went .

On a plus note i purchased my bike new in the middle of winter last December, i am now not to fussed how it looks so a blast with the hose and a dry with a blower is all the effort its gonna get now apart from maintenance .

Its actually quiet liberating not to have to worry about new bike syndrome .
Its hard pack gravel routes for me from now on unless we get a heat wave.
How's every one else's local routes fairing up in the uk?

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Was down at Coed y Brenin this morning and it was all good. A few puddles, slippery rocks and roots but the trails were good. (y)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
It doesn't seem that long ago the trails of single track in woods were dry, got a sneaky day off work today and ventured into the woods off the beaten track, I don't think ill bother now until next year :( most were un rideable where I went .

On a plus note i purchased my bike new in the middle of winter last December, i am now not to fussed how it looks so a blast with the hose and a dry with a blower is all the effort its gonna get now apart from maintenance .

Its actually quiet liberating not to have to worry about new bike syndrome .
Its hard pack gravel routes for me from now on unless we get a heat wave.
How's every one else's local routes fairing up in the uk?

I love it once it's a few degrees under 0. The mud gets hard again and can give good purchase on the tyres. Until I fail to spot a frozen puddle, that is!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Went out yesterday for a few hours in the Surrey Hills. Was super muddy and quite sloppy but still good fun and a decent ride.

I think it helps skill levels too as you learn a bit more about bike setup and tyre grip (or find the edge of grip more often!)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Went out yesterday for a few hours in the Surrey Hills. Was super muddy and quite sloppy but still good fun and a decent ride.

I think it helps skill levels too as you learn a bit more about bike setup and tyre grip (or find the edge of grip more often!)
God I miss the Surrey Hills!
I lived in Bookham until I moved to Hamburg about 15 years ago. I love Hamburg, but it's not known for its mountains!

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Day off tomorrow so heading to Swinley. Went on Sunday and it was mainly dry with only some of the trails being wet. My local routes will be horribly muddy hence a trip in the car to go for a ride.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Beware off camber tree roots :eek: . To be honest I dread the thought of summer ending every year , once the seasons kick in I enjoy them for what they are, roll on crisp winter sunny days, the older I get the quicker life goes buy.

Can you remember when life felt like an eternity :confused: At a certain age the months become weeks and the years seem like months. I'm actually looking forward to night riding again through the local park, a small 12 mile route fully lit with the e bike lighting capabilities :).

Like Rob said its nice to feel the limited grip levels and get a feeling for slip, there's a fine line between slip and and off though, its still hard pack for me though unless we get a dry spell :)

I think the key factor for enjoying this weather off the beaten track is don't get hung up on cleaning the bike, if that rules your life your buggered. just hose the thing down, blow dry it off and oil it up.

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
Still bone dry in Northern California. When the rain comes I will try to ride mostly on graveled roads and back-county pavement and stay off the single track. Riding in dirt single track trails in my area when they are muddy causes a lot of trail erosion/damage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles