The MTB videos Thread. Funny, Serious, Cool ... Share them here.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Not emtb at whistler. This dude seems to know everyone. Blake is first up. Something I wasn't aware of is these big jumpers have rock hard suspension (pumped to the maximum) and tyres, yet they still ride everything else fast too. No wonder Blake likes hard tails. Phil loves hanging in the air and manualling between, up to, and on landings of jumps.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
When my grandkids come over to visit (5 and 2 years old), if I happen to be watching TV - I ask them which cartoon channel they would like to watch. In amongst their favourite requests is Sophie and Lyon. The little one always says "Sophie and the Lion," so I get confused. But then, I realise what they mean, haha. I introduced them to this MTB video about a year ago not thinking it would make such a lasting impression, and I must say - it's also one of my all time favourite 'feel good' videos! :giggle:

As the next favourite, the little 2-1/2 year old would also often asks for Bubba "Strubs"...

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
When my grandkids come over to visit (5 and 2 years old), if I happen to be watching TV - I ask them which cartoon channel they would like to watch. In amongst their favourite requests is Sophie and Lyon. The little one always says "Sophie and the Lion," so I get confused. But then, I realise what they mean, haha. I introduced them to this MTB video about a year ago not thinking it would make such a lasting impression, and I must say - it's also one of my all time favourite 'feel good' videos! :giggle:

As the next favourite, the little 2-1/2 year old would also often asks for Bubba "Strubs"...

After watching those kids.. I think I will give up! There is no hope for me! :mad:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
After watching those kids.. I think I will give up! There is no hope for me! :mad:
Same here ?
I feel your pain too!
After I got over my disbelief, a funny thought came to mind... at some point, I remembered that when an ant falls from the kitchen table to the floor - they don't get hurt, or even bounce, and don't even have the need to get up. They just go, "oh where am I?" and just carry on their merry way. ?

Then I thought to myself, "if Sophie and Lyon fall off (however unlikely)... would they even feel pain, because they are so light? Is that why they have no fear?

Despair seems to bend my logic into dark humour, haha! ??

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany

I can listen to this guy’s voice all day, and buy whatever he’s sellin’ ?
He has a lot of good points in there.
I often say to myself.. and others, something I learnt at a defensive driving course... Look where you want to go.. not what you want to avoid. If you look at a pile of shit on the trail, and think "I don't want to hit that" the next thing you know your wheels will be stinking.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
He has a lot of good points in there.
I often say to myself.. and others, something I learnt at a defensive driving course... Look where you want to go.. not what you want to avoid. If you look at a pile of shit on the trail, and think "I don't want to hit that" the next thing you know your wheels will be stinking.
Haha yes, target fixation.

But the only thing I remember hearing is from that video is... "You must maintain focus... the millisecond you start thinking about that hot mud strip up your wife's back... they'll pick you up in a heap at the bottom of the hill!" ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Haha yes, target fixation.

But the only thing I remember hearing is from that video is... "You must maintain focus... the millisecond you start thinking about that hot mud strip up your wife's back... they'll pick you up in a heap at the bottom of the hill!" ?
And the Hot mud strip up her back is because she looked at the shit. (probably Bear shit after looking at the video)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A typical day trail building ...

Not sure about anyone else .. but I'm really not feeling "The Roll-In of DOOM" .. I think it should be re-named "The Inverted Sphincter"

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Danny Hart takes a steady run down "Fury" Les 2 Alps and calmly talks you through the trail ..

I have been watching his latest vids - one thing about Danny is how little drama there is to his riding, he is so smooth and calculated and its hella impressive

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I have been watching his latest vids - one thing about Danny is how little drama there is to his riding, he is so smooth and calculated and its hella impressive

I dont know if it's just me being a shit rider but he barely seems to move his handlebars through turns, it's all about leaning the bike over for him.
I know I'd be face planting gravel if I did that ?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
After watching this I just had to go watch another of his videos.

Learned a new word: "Shituations"

My new word for every occasion!!! ?
I never thought to look for more of his vids, but one phrase I got from the previous vid is "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." ?

I couldn't find another MTB ride related vid of his... most are engineering related, but I did find one about Kashima coating - of which he commented that for "twenty-five hundred Doll-Hairs" it could very well be "market Wanketeering." ?

Then he just goes on and on, with made-up words... haha... like Craptacular?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I never thought to look for more of his vids, but one phrase I got from the previous vid is "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." ?

I couldn't find another MTB ride related vid of his... most are engineering related, but I did find one about Kashima coating - of which he commented that for "twenty-five hundred Doll-Hairs" it could very well be "market Wanketeering." ?

Then he just goes on and on, with made-up words... haha... like Craptacular?
I've been an avid fan of AVE for a long time. Always amusing. I think there was a fat bike video last year sometime .. might have been buried in another video though ...

EDIT .. there's one, but not the one I was thinking of ..
More EDIT ... some more AVE bike related :

Still can't find the one I was looking for ....

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles