The hamster, the fly, the chick and the monkey

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Bike parks are popular. You only have to visit one on a weekend to see the hundreds of cars filling the car parks. Walkers, dog walkers, families and every kind of cyclist from those with stabilizers to those who need a pilot’s licence. So, what’s the attraction for ebikers and what are the differences between the many bike parks and trail centres?
I took in a selection of some that I have not been to before and these were my findings…
Kielder Water and Forest Park
This is a park that I’ve not heard much about either in magazines, digital media or from other riders so I was intrigued to find out more. The first thing I found and maybe the reason why I hadn’t heard much about it, was its location. It’s miles from anywhere. I drove there along the A68 which instantly became my favourite road in all of the UK. It has so many ‘blind summits’, some of which see the road completely disappear. It made the trip very entertaining.
The first thing that struck me was the size. Kielder is...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
excellent write up....will put some of them on my list ASAP.
Glad someone else likes to keep their wheels on the ground ...well most of the time.
Seems we need to work on Bike centres to provide charging facilities....£10 ... that will run my house for ages...anyway we can petition them?
We also need universal charging system/chargers.
Thanks .

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Is there a directory of all the various bike parks and trail centres in the UK?
If not, perhaps we could put one together as a sticky somewhere?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles