The deals thread - Post good deals that you’ve found online here

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
(y) always wanted a compressor, not sure what for but I'm going to get one anyway :)
Hold fire on purchasing the compressor unless you actually want it to be a portable one. If not, I have a better one that I can recommend.

If you want a ‘non’ portable for the garage I can highly recommend this. It is quite small so does not take a lot of space up but has enough air volume (12 litres) to sort out that random difficult tubeless tyre that just wont play ball and inflate when the previous 10 have inflated easily with just your hand track pump.....
£69.96 delivered,
It has been a life saver on a number of occasions when in a hurry and wanting to do a very quick tyre change.
Mine came with a hose kit and fittings, I am not sure if this one comes with the same as I got mine from screwfix 4 years ago. Best to get on the blower to check before you purchase. The hose and fittings will cost approx £10 off EBay if you need them.

As you can see it is very compact. The space it is in is 46cm wide x 41cm high x 36cm deep.

I fitted a rubber hose on the end of the gun (see photo) that fits perfectly over a presta valve or car tube valve.

Impax 12L Compressor Integrated pressure gauge, moisture drain & BS plug NAP-WalkAir12 | DIY at B&Q

EA4D332C-18C7-41B2-8264-EC403D4B326F.jpeg

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Leisure Lake Bikes are doing 2019 Levo 700w batteries for £900 delivered in the UK.

The code for the battery is 98919-5612 which is discribed as LEVO GEN2 BATTERY, 700WH, SINGLE PACK.

It’s listed on the website with an incorrect photo but to be clear, I have received mine and it is exactly as you’d expect for a 2019 700w Levo and cheaper than anywhere else I believe.

I suggest calling them on 01772 644340 and saying the £900 price was quoted by Will.
I have no affiliation with LLB, just passing on a tip.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Are they any good the pedals that is looking to purchase just so much choice out there what do people recommend?
Cheers
Newby

Many recommend the flats from Superstar components. I have heard no bad reports at all and they have a wide range to suit all pockets.

I prefer DMR Vaults. I have a set for each bike and I've had them for years. Actually, I've had one pair since 2010 and the other pair since 2013. They swap from bike to bike and I have no idea which is which any more. The pair that looks the most worn (more of the black finish worn off than the other) has just had a complete service. I replaced the bushes and the cartridge bearings and fitted new seals. That is the first time I have had to replace the cartridge bearings. Previously I have only had to replace the bushes, which I have done once to each set (I think; it might be none on one set and twice on the other!) I use loads of water resistant grease. Once a year or so, I remove the spindle, clean everything up, regrease it, then refit it.

Sparkieboy29

Mar 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Are they any good the pedals that is looking to purchase just so much choice out there what do people recommend?
Cheers
Newby

Many recommend the flats from Superstar components. I have heard no bad reports at all and they have a wide range to suit all pockets.

I prefer DMR Vaults. I have a set for each bike and I've had them for years. Actually, I've had one pair since 2010 and the other pair since 2013. They swap from bike to bike and I have no idea which is which any more. The pair that looks the most worn (more of the black finish worn off than the other) has just had a complete service. I replaced the bushes and the cartridge bearings and fitted new seals. That is the first time I have had to replace the cartridge bearings. Previously I have only had to replace the bushes, which I have done once to each set (I think; it might be none on one set and twice on the other!) I use loads of water resistant grease. Once a year or so, I remove the spindle, clean everything up, regrease it, then refit it.
How about hope pedals?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
How about hope pedals?

Apart from the excellent reputation that Hope has for the quality of its products and its very good customer service, I have nothing to say about its pedals as I have never come across any or knowingly met anyone that has had them. Mr Google might have something to say on the topic.
I don't know, but I would expect Hope pedals to be at the upper end of the price range for pedals.

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
£5 off every order I place with Tredz.
Sign up for their newsletter to get a £5 off, every time , regardless if you’ve previously registered.
Done it for months, don’t tell anyone ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles