The deals thread - Post good deals that you’ve found online here

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Lots of discounts seem to be around at the moment from lots of retailers, eBay etc.

Use this thread to post anything that may be of interest to the community ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Don't buy what's cheap in a sale. buy what fits well, is comfortable, stays put and actually does something useful to protect you in a crash.
What fits, is comfortable and works well at staying in place for one rider might not for others so recommendations from others only go so far. So my advice is to try pads until you find ones you like. Even then they're not even something you can truly know will fulfill all the above criteria until you've actually worn them and crashed multiple times so over time you get to know what works well for you and what doesn't.
If you don't really crash big (or often) the level of protection may not be so important to you.
Well, the goal would be to find something that is cheap in a sale, fits well, is comfortable, stays put and actually does something useful to protect you in a crash. :p

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I bought NukeProof branded knee and elbow protectors from CRC. They were cheaper than Fox and fitted better although they aren't perfect and it took a while for me to find a position that they didn't slip down my legs. I'm still trying to find the same effective position for the elbow protectors...

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I’m looking for some decent knee / shin protectors if anyone finds them!

These Endura knee shin pads are the best I’ve ever had , so comfy you forget them , Shins are protected from pedal strikes and mud is kept off your legs or trousers . I really can’t recomrnd them highly enough , I put them on and just don’t have to adjust all day
Wiggle | Endura SingleTrack Shin Protector | Body Armour

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Finally found some decent looking knee / shin guards at a reasonable cost. Also, Wiggle have a £10 over £50 spend for "new" customers :cool:

Wiggle | IXS Cleaver Knee/Shin Pads | Body Armour

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 07.58.11.png

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
They look good rob , I have the Endura knee shin pads which are a bit lighter by the looks of it without the hard plastic . I find the design so much more comfy than normal knee pads as they dont fall down or chafe your knees as they are supported from the ankle instead of tight behind the knee .
Hard to tell with those but the Endura pads are a wrap around designe so they can be carried on long hot climbs ready to put on easily for the decent .
But hey why would we not want shin protection , the added bonus is they also act as a mud stop so your legs remain much cleaner .

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have tried a lot of pads in my time, and currently have a couple of pairs of ION's - first pads i have had that you genuinely forget having on

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
My right shin has taken an absolute battering over the past few rides. Seems like I smash it up every time in the same place! Yesterday was barbed wire ?

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
They are awesome Rob . Ive had some for about 18mths . Very comfy . Fit and forget. Dont move around . Full DH stylie level of protection inc inside and outside of knee
Snap their arm off at that price
Great to hear. I have their elbow pads and really like them. I managed to get a tenner off to by getting the basket over £50.

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire
Bought my Levo comp from Rutland and got £425 worth of reward points! Don't know if they were having a huge rewards points boost or a massive glitch.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Haha, good news.
Thanks mate, yeh I know what you mean about the size - it's a toss up between the Cleaver and the Mallet (which are slightly smaller/lighter).

IXS Mallet Knee-Shin Guards 2018 | Chain Reaction Cycles

So much choice these days.
If you're going for mallet I reckon just go all the way. There were some really nice ones that I saw at Eurobike by a brand that I cant remember that had really good coverage and looked a bit less robocop. I know that is useless information for you... But I'll probably remember one day and come back and let you know!

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
If you're going for mallet I reckon just go all the way. There were some really nice ones that I saw at Eurobike by a brand that I cant remember that had really good coverage and looked a bit less robocop. I know that is useless information for you... But I'll probably remember one day and come back and let you know!

Thta's a fair comment, I've been toying with getting some for trail, some for narlier stuff etc but it never ends, Cleaver could be the ones!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles