The chilled season has come - long legs and... big bikes

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
In the summertime I prefer to ride in baggy short, but as the season change to the more chilled season, my legs are getting cold, so I’d prefer some full length pants instead.
This is where it gets tricky as all the mountain bike pants that I can find only have the so called “Regular” length, which for me is too short. In jeans I use an inseam length of 36, and this sort of length I can’t find anywhere, so I’m hoping that there are other long legged bikers here who found a brand that makes some functional bike pants.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Endura pants tased to have a longer fit. Personally I wear long bib tights under my shorts in the winter, and I own several pairs of trousers.

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Endura pants tased to have a longer fit. Personally I wear long bib tights under my shorts in the winter, and I own several pairs of trousers.
I have the MT500 waterproof pants, and they could use an additional 2” - but otherwise the best I’ve found so far.

Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I also have long legs ...

My go-to for hiking trousers & waterproofs is Arcteryx as they do normal and long length, so I've just been wearing those in bad weather. But the hems can be quite baggy even with the built-in drawstring to pull them in. Possibly the Sigma FL Pant might work better (I don't have any) as they look a more tapered fit. Sigma FL Pant Men's

I've also been eyeing some of the Norrona trousers but I don't think they are quite long enough (and so expensive!) Men's Norrøna pants for ski, snowboard, hiking

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
I also have long legs ...

My go-to for hiking trousers & waterproofs is Arcteryx as they do normal and long length, so I've just been wearing those in bad weather. But the hems can be quite baggy even with the built-in drawstring to pull them in. Possibly the Sigma FL Pant might work better (I don't have any) as they look a more tapered fit. Sigma FL Pant Men's

I've also been eyeing some of the Norrona trousers but I don't think they are quite long enough (and so expensive!) Men's Norrøna pants for ski, snowboard, hiking
I’ll have a look at the Arcteryx to see how they fit. I have a pair Norrøna Florø shorts - which I love - this summer when I was in Norway I tried the long Florø pats, just to find then short as most pants. I’ve also considered Lundhags which have versions with extra long legs, but they are regular trekking pants, and may be too baggy, but it may be the end of it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles