Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Product Image:
85HThe-Boss-001.jpg

Product name: The Boss Rogue Hoe
Price paid: $75
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: 85H – 8.5″ The BOSS | Rogue Hoe Distributing, LLC

This has become my absolute favorite trail building tool. Its sharp, tough enough to bounce off the occasional rock and keep its edge, heavy enough to slice roots, light enough to choke up on it, and level the trail, and great for bench cutting too.

I've also got one of the famed Macleod rakes and find the rogue hoe more versatile. I bring them both, and lately have been losing the Macleod, setting it aside and forgetting where I last used it.

I honesty feel like a chainsaw, a set of long handle pruning shears, and a Rogue Hoe covers almost 90% of my trail work.

Cheers!

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I'm a minimalist when it comes to trail building. I find a deer trail, and do as little as possible to make it rideable. This stretch is finished for now.

20200423_125822.jpg

Here's the rig.

20200423_125447.jpg

As the perimeter trails get complete, I'm now adding some fast flow stuff. The picture doesn't do it justice, but this section is steeply downhill will 3 nice steps
20200422_105307.jpg

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Looks good. There's two trail building camps around here: folks that ride carbon 10k+ bikes who level every trail feature and gravel everything, and the others who build them like you, then ride the trails in all conditions and let our tyres do the rest. We're lucky to have municipally owned forests here that the council allows trail building on, so long as it (and riding), is done outside of operational hours.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
And people say eBikes are cheating... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As with the ebike haters, I'd say to them... who am I cheating?.

The screenshot below is from yesterday's cheating. I'd hate to see what doing it fair looks like I'd be ⚰ RIP.

All in good fun though.
Screenshot_20200422-195249_Fitbit.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles