The “What did you break today?” thread

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
So what did you break on your bike today ?
I broke a front spoke nipple, bent a seat rail, had a rotor come loose and had shock and linkages come loose.
Been riding for months and months with nothing coming loose so don’t know why it decided today was the day ?‍♂️

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So what did you break on your bike today ?
I broke a front spoke nipple, bent a seat rail, had a rotor come loose and had shock and linkages come loose.
Been riding for months and months with nothing coming loose so don’t know why it decided today was the day ?‍♂️
After years of letting yourself go, it sounds like today you finally reached infinite mass ..

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
After years of letting yourself go, it sounds like today you finally reached infinite mass ..
You’re quite right
After years of letting go of the brakes on descents, I finally reached the speed of light and infinite mass. I thought I would of broken or shook loose more parts than I did, but ample preparation avoided this.
Don’t worry @Zimmerframe, you too can achieve this milestone once you grow big enough balls. Till then, keep the rubber on the ground and rattle your peanuts all the way to the bottom of the hill. ?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You’re quite right
After years of letting go of the brakes on descents, I finally reached the speed of light and infinite mass. I thought I would of broken or shook loose more parts than I did, but ample preparation avoided this.
Don’t worry @Zimmerframe, you too can achieve this milestone once you grow big enough balls. Till then, keep the rubber on the ground and rattle your peanuts all the way to the bottom of the hill. ?

I'm confused again, you seem to be mistaking density for mass.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I'm confused again, you seem to be mistaking density for mass.
Is it easy to do... confuse you ? ?‍♂️
You may have reached Infinite density yourself, especially if things are not making sense anymore... see, easily confused. Once you reach infinite mass however, you’ll know.

Last edited:

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Ribs - two different times
two rear wheels
saddle rail
brake lever
dropper lever
chain
spoke
dropper post
rear swing arm

and countless analog riders spirits

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
DT Swiss ring nuts get tight.
PXL_20201231_201153402.jpg

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
DT Swiss ring nuts get tight.
View attachment 51848

Just destroyed my DT Swiss hub axle, a bench vice and a DT Swiss ring nut tool trying to get mine out! 💪

What a stupid design! If only they’d made the ring nut 1-2mm larger, the ring nut wouldnt need to come out to change the bearing 🤦‍♂️

Needless to say, the ring nut now has more grease than John Travolta when re-fitting it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles