That silly little boat is still stuck ..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you've not noticed, someone had a very bad day and got out of shape had one of those "which way was port again" moments, headed into the worlds slowest ever skid and parked a 220,000 tonne 400m long container ship across the Suez canal .. blocking it entirely and stopping hundreds of ships in both directions.

They've managed to jiggle it round so there's now 100m clearance behind it by jolting it away from where it was stuck.

Screenshot 2021-03-29 10.34.43.png

Sadly it seems it's still pretty stuck and they've said "it won't be a piece of cake" to remove it and still might have to off load containers.

Anyone got any good ideas ?

I don't see why they don't "Wake" it ?

Get some other ships, of reasonable size ! or two or three in a line spaced at a calculated amount to obtain the best results .. not so big that they crash or get stuck themselves ..

At high tide, stick it in reverse with it's flotilla of tugs pulling, then drive our new ships towards and past it, approaching from the bow.

Being a canal, as each boat arrives it will be pushing water and raising the water level. Which in turn will lift the Ever Stuck allowing it to drive/pull itself backwards from where it's stuck ?

You could even do it with just one large ship and not even need to pass.

Calculate how far you need to stop. Drive at My Sticky as fast as you can displacing thousands of tonnes of water. Hit the brakes at 1000m-5000m-10000m whatever. Your bow wave of displaced water will continue including the water your displacing with your own mass, raising the water level which will arrive at ever stuck, giving it buoyancy and off we go !

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Look at the positive side: it can't sink while it's stuck :)

I'll bet there are Forestall stuff on that boat, and that's why they have problems delivering the bikes.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
This is bad news for me. Big customer of mine manufactures various kinds of chili flavoured cracker snacks that end up in the supermarkets. The ingredient pellets are produced in Indonesia & there's three or four containers worth stuck in the queue. Even if they float the ship out of the way today, the congestion will just be transferred to ports in Europe. I could be looking at a good couple of months of reduced volumes from this.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
This is bad news for me. Big customer of mine manufactures various kinds of chili flavoured cracker snacks that end up in the supermarkets. The ingredient pellets are produced in Indonesia & there's three or four containers worth stuck in the queue. Even if they float the ship out of the way today, the congestion will just be transferred to ports in Europe. I could be looking at a good couple of months of reduced volumes from this.

It's rubbish. But IME there is still port congestion in the UK, so the lag from this should ironically allow some of that to clear.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Could the captain not have leaned back in his seat and just wheelied his way out of it?

And why is all that cargo on the frame? Looks cluttered. That would all have to go in my EVOC rucksack ?

Maybe there will be an SL version on the way or at least one with a carbon frame. Much more manoeuvrable

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Nah, that thing weighs almost as much as my Merida! :ROFLMAO:
Did you have another Merida before that one which you possible somehow threw into the sky to get rid of it ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Did you have another Merida before that one which you possible somehow threw into the sky to get rid of it ?

I wondered where it went...q

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles