Tesla Cybertruck

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
If this is released in numbers it will sink Tesla. It won’t be widely available though is my prediction.
My view is if there aren’t sufficient initial deposits, it’ll morph subtlety or possibly even significantly from the preproduction version. If it isn’t released in numbers, TSLA will sink - then rebound then sink & so on.

If it is eventually low volume production & the design remains the same, then it’ll be a future heirloom. As of today, future heirloom is looking quite likely.

TSLA.jpg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Completely overshadowed by the behemoth Cybertruck mothership is the 2-person Cyberquad in the back.

As the twitterverse has pointed out that in its current form seems to be a Yamaha ATV that's been Mad Maxed & electrified. I hope it has a fly-by-wire autopilot that'll actively takeover & prevent flipovers. A high power, massive torque quad is not for beginners.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F11%2Fcyberquad.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Those “pre-order sales” are likely an attempt to manipulate the market. Watch Musk get censured by the SEC again....
I don’t think the pre-order sales in themselves are of concern to the SEC but comments - or more accurately - tweets that may be perceived as manipulation. Apparently using Twitter to manipulate markets is a big no no.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Wasn't one previous SEC condition for new more muscular minders with cable ties on hand at all times to assist with focus & perspective? I thought I read that somewhere.

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I don't expect it in production. Actually expect Tesla to fall over late 2020 - early 2021.

All the while Elon Musk is at the helm of Tesla they will NEVER fall over! An absolute master of no publicity is bad publicity.

Not only did they give multiple demos on stage of how tough the glass is but he has since released a video on his Twitter of the same person and same metal ball being thrown at the window and it didn't smash yet it did twice on stage...coincidence? The amount of extra publicity it got from having the windows "fail" on the launch that it's pure genius from Elon.

As of 6 hours ago he confirmed on Twitter there have been 250k orders for the Cybertruck so lets do some loose maths on that assumption that every order was just one model:

Single motor model $39,900 x 250,000 = $9,975,000,000
Dual motor model $49,900 x 250,000 = $12,475,000,000
Tri motor model $69,900 x 250,000 = $17,475,000,000

Worst case scenario he's generated nearly 10 billion for Tesla in a week

Bravo Elon Bravo

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Chill on the cool aid and perhaps read the article? An ”order” is a $100 refundable deposit. In reality, in a week he’s generated a $25M loan.

Read the article :rolleyes: what a typical forum response.

He has still had 250k people express an interest in buying something 2 years away from being able to be specced and 3 years away from production.

Can you name another car from the LA motor show that anyone has even spoke about?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I don’t disagree that folks have paid attention to his kit car. My point is that is just smoke and mirrors generated by a gimmick. This is prevalent in the tech world of funding rounds but not needed by established car manufacturers (we can have a separate discussion about how much genuine innovation/disruption is going on). The problem I’m identifying is that at this level it’s market manipulation - it’s obvious from this thread even that plenty of people are easily duped.

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I remember when ebikes launched and everyone said they were just an expensive gimmick that wouldn't catch on...

From someone who worked in the motor trade for 13 years I can assure that Telsa are always the subject on conversation as the industry is going electric like it or not and as for innovation...Tesla are unrivalled in electric cars and network

To give you an idea of what people really think of Tesla here is the 7 year share price:
1574847518925.png

And below is the 5 year share price for the manufacture with the most units sold in the uk:
1574847638514.png

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
We can leave it there as you’re not getting my point about how serious hype bubbles can become for the company itself, potential investors and economies as a whole. What you post completely underlines my point.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Why are we "duped" if we've been presented with something ridiculously abnormally ugly but find we like it ? (if it wasn't for this phenomena I'd have never had a girlfriend ! :eek::p:ROFLMAO: )

It's not like it's the first time the world has seen an angular vehicle, or even a utility vehicle, even the LM02 had similar wheel arches and flat panels ... They just bottled on the design at the front..

lambo rambo.jpg

ok .. it's got no mirrors, but will it have mirrors .. you can't see any windscreen wipers, but most of the latest tesla wiper patents have them hidden and this is three years away.

All the "big" manufacturers have wowed us for years with concept cars which actually look cool, but never made them and continued to churn out the boring crap they always churn out (apart from rare exceptions).

So will he make it ? maybe ... there's certainly interest. So why not !

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The customer is not necessarily the person being duped here. I’m not sure how many times I need to say this.

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
@Fivetones I like to think I'm not stupid but I am completely lost on the point you're trying to make. Happy to be educated here.

Are you just being a negative nelly about Tesla? ;)

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
All about creating the finance dollars.
I don't give a rats how many pre-orders they have, or even how many units they sell. I care about how long they can run at a loss. Seriously, so many companies today barely scrape through as little more than a pyramid/ponzi scheme.
Far too many advisers point to the success stories such as Apple and use that to suck investors in. People today seem to be always looking for a quick profit without understanding the basic premises of investing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The customer is not necessarily the person being duped here. I’m not sure how many times I need to say this.

I dunno, I feel you're trying to dupe us and influence the market with your comments and expressed opinions.

hype bubbles can become for the company itself, potential investors and economies as a whole

Why only potential investors ?

So you're saying that if a CEO demonstrates a product they hope to produce and then afterwards, says it's been well received so far, they're manipulating the market ? Because .. it's not like that ever happens in the world.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
@Fivetones I like to think I'm not stupid but I am completely lost on the point you're trying to make. Happy to be educated here.

Are you just being a negative nelly about Tesla? ;)

Not really, though I do think this particular model deserves all the ridicule it’s ‘emperor’s new clothes’ approach is getting. Whether one likes Tesla or not one can’t deny they’ve pushed the industry forward so far (particularly for their Gigafactories).

The trouble I’m pointing out is that with the PT Barnum approach Musk takes it destabilises the company and the markets around it. This is ok for a tech startup where you ride the funding waves until you sell the company but at this level it risks breaking whole markets. There’s a wider discussion about economics here that’s waaay beyond what we want to get into here though.

So to bring it back @Zimmerframe and @Jay8Miller have you put your orders in or are you unwitting unpaid minions in Musk’s hype machine? ?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Why only potential investors ?

Try getting a return from your Tesla shares that isn’t about selling them on (ie. a dividend).

So you're saying that if a CEO demonstrates a product they hope to produce and then afterwards, says it's been well received so far, they're manipulating the market ? Because .. it's not like that ever happens in the world.

Misrepresenting orders is something regulators watch carefully. That, and how he uses hype, is all that I’m pointing out. I’m surprised about how passionate you both are getting about this he’s not even made any attempt to mask how half baked the design is this time ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So to bring it back @Zimmerframe and @Jay8Miller have you put your orders in or are you unwitting unpaid minions in Musk’s hype machine? ?

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I sat there for hours and put in 75,000 orders. For the meagre outlay of $7,500,000, I'd like to think I helped do my bit to bump up the stock price and made myself over $100,000,000 in 48 hours.

I'm planning to sell 40,000 of those orders on e-bay for €200 each and dupe people for each of my cybertruck black friday xmas gift cards.

The other 35,000 I'm keeping as I've negotiated the rights to re-sell cybertrucks in all the colours that are not Black or Brushed Stainless.

I think a yellow one will look quite cool and boy, these things are going to be easy to wrap !

yellow.jpg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
it’s obvious from this thread even that plenty of people are easily duped
..into what? Putting down a $100 refundable deposit? Wanting one? Admiring the - you may not call it - groundbreaking design that will or won't reverberate into the future?

There are a lot of people who bet big money on the fall of Tesla who now wish they hadn't been duped into thinking it would fail.

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
The trouble I’m pointing out is that with the PT Barnum approach Musk takes it destabilises the company and the markets around it. This is ok for a tech startup where you ride the funding waves until you sell the company but at this level it risks breaking whole markets. There’s a wider discussion about economics here that’s waaay beyond what we want to get into here though.

Ah just as I thought, you just don't like Tesla so you're denouncing what that are doing with no substance to your point.

If a CEO promotes their company its not hype, when Musk suggest on Twitter he may sell Tesla that is market disruption so he was fined but promoting is not that.

Steve Jobs once hyped a small alternative company as did Jeff Bezos who hyped his idea of selling books online and everyone said wouldn't take off...you may not remember that but I am sure you have heard of Apple and Amazon :giggle:

PS. yes I have sent £100 towards the hype machine.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That, and how he uses hype, is all that I’m pointing out.

But that's sales .. he not only has to sell the cars .. but the idea and the continuing philosophy that tesla is trying to innovate and be pro active.

I’m surprised about how passionate you both are getting about this

BUT I LOVE IT ! ... ok, I just had 10 minutes to kill and couldn't be bothered doing anything productive.

he’s not even made any attempt to mask how half baked the design is this time

He doesn't need to .. it's three years away .. it's a rough sketch .. it even looks like a rough sketch .. but sketchy enough and rough enough to catch people's imagination. :)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
..into what? Putting down a $100 refundable deposit? Wanting one? Admiring the - you may not call it - groundbreaking design that will or won't reverberate into the future?

Being part of the hype machine that enables over valuation of Tesla stock.
There are a lot of people who bet big money on the fall of Tesla who now wish they hadn't been duped into thinking it would fail.

Are they a success yet? By what measure? Stock price alone?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles