Swinley.

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Thinking of having a ride over to Swinley tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up that would be great.

InFocus

Patreon
Nov 6, 2018
Rake, Hampshire
Thinking of having a ride over to Swinley tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up that would be great.
Hi Markymark, I was planning on going to Swinley tomorrow morning so would be good to meet up. I did think a EMbt group ride was suggested at Swinley for tomorrow at some point but I haven’t seen any more. What time were you thinking?

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
I'm easy as long as it's not too early. I'm around all day. I'll be cycling over from Camberley.
What's good for you.

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
I'll be on this.
20181219_140227.jpg

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
No pics I'm afraid and not all went to plan.
We had just started the red route when a twig got caught in InFocus bikes rear wheel. After removing it it wasn't getting any power. We checked again and the sensor magnet was missing. We found part of it down near the hub InFocus flicked it out. We both saw where it landed but could we find it? Biscuit had ridden on so after 5 minutes I went to see if I could find him. No luck so someone else said he had seen him heading back so I retraced my route to find them both, along with two other bikers still looking. Cutting the story short he went back to his car and drove over to Berkshire Cycles who managed to fix it. So happy days.
My phone died out on the trail and when I got home got the news that it was fixed and he was heading back to see if he could find Biscuit and myself.
I managed 22 miles today and got back with 51% left in the battery. I do ride in eco as much as possible though, maybe that's why I'm feeling knackered now. Still got to build my fitness levels up at the moment.
Great morning and it was great to meet up and ride with someone else for the first time since getting my ebike.
Can't wait for the next opportunity.
Cheers, Mark

InFocus

Patreon
Nov 6, 2018
Rake, Hampshire
Hi Markymark and Biscuit, yes please to get the bike sorted. It was good to meet you both and yeah I’ll definitely let you know if I go to Queen Elizabeth and up for Swinley too. Spk soon

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
Cool.
I've got a day off next Friday if anyone's around.
Hey guys, unfortunately I will be working Friday so its a no go for me although it would have been good to hook up with you.
I went up to QECP this morning, it was running great, very fast with very little slop on the trails so plenty of grip. If it stays dry between now and Friday it will be top drawer.

Beware the very large new table top section at the tail end of the blue run, it will catch you out if you aren't expecting it, no warning signs yet and its on a very fast bit of the trail.

Not sure of the thinking behind this on that part of the trail but let us know how you go.

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire
Cool.
I've got a day off next Friday if anyone's around.
Hey guys, unfortunately I will be working Friday so its a no go for me although it would have been good to hook up with you.
I went up to QECP this morning, it was running great, very fast with very little slop on the trails so plenty of grip. If it stays dry between now and Friday it will be top drawer.

Beware the very large new table top section at the tail end of the blue run, it will catch you out if you aren't expecting it, no warning signs yet and its on a very fast bit of the trail.

Not sure of the thinking behind this on that part of the trail but let us know how you go.

The blue is much better than the red now. The new section is attracting a lot of attention and people are just riding that bit to do the jump. It’s great up there but the table top is far too big and has a tree in behind it on landing! Love most of what they have done except that bit!

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
I could be up for that guys, if you don't mind another one tagging along?

I've had power cable issues so will be dependent on if I can get it sorted but let me know the details and I will post if I can be there.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I could be up for that guys, if you don't mind another one tagging along?

I've had power cable issues so will be dependent on if I can get it sorted but let me know the details and I will post if I can be there.

The more the merrier! We’re not overly familiar with the trails there having only been once before. We’re both on Levo’s.

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
The more the merrier! We’re not overly familiar with the trails there having only been once before. We’re both on Levo’s.
Ok Nice one. I know it pretty well so can run you through some of the best parts. I can be at the car park for 10am if that's good for you but will update tomorrow if that's cool.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles