Levo Gen 2 Super Deluxe 0LL tune on Levo?

Mar

Apr 10, 2021
Croatia
Hello everyone
I had to get new shock for my Levo and got a good deal on Bike24. However, I was told it's MM tune but the shock turned out to be 0LL380 for SC Heckler.

Does it matter much? Stock shock was LH380 and I didn't have problem with rebound but felt compression could be lighter.

I'm bit puzzled by the 0 in front. What does it mean?

Looking at linkage design between Levo and Heckler there doesn't seem to be massive differences (3.2-2.7 leverage on Heckler vs 3.15-2.4 on Levo) and forces that are needed to go through travel are similar as well.

I don't want to install it if it's going to perform poorly so I can return it immediately but if it's going to be good, I'd keep it.

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi Mar,

I ordered exactly the same shock from Bike24 with the heckler tune, also with 0LL printed.
I think it is a custom very low tune. I putted it into a Levo 22. My rebound was 3 clicks from fully close initially. (85kg inkl. equipment)
I revalved it to Medium rebound and Medium compression + 1 extra shim compression-side and added a megneg. Now feels perfect.

I was also wondering why ebike manufacturers are going to use a drastically softer compression damping tune than recommended by RockShox for that leverage ratio. Also the low rebound tune makes no sense due to the increased weight of an ebike which results in higher spring rate an normally requires more rebound damping...

But i would give it a try in your levo...

Best regards,

Chris

TuomasR

Jan 14, 2022
Finland
Do you have Gen2 or 3 Levo and have you tested the new shock already? Happy to hear your experiences if you have tried it already and have a Gen2 Levo. I have been contemplating the same shock for my Gen2 Levo but not yet made a decision. Revalving costs something like 60€ unless you are capable of doing it by yourself. Another option is to go for Super Deluxe Ultimate, which has MM tune and external LSC & HSC clickers, can be sourced from R2 Bike for 350€

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
I have it in my gen3 and it runs very good with MM tune and megneg aircan

In your levo i would take the MM tuned SD Ultimate due to the fact that the gen2 has even higher leverage ratio than gen3.

Best regards,

Chris

Mar

Apr 10, 2021
Croatia
I haven't ridden it properly yet but it feels nice for the urban ride and some singletrack I made a detour to.

I did use a lot of travel riding off curbs and stairs. Fork didn't use more than 60% while shock used 80%. I might have to put some more air in (it's at 260 PSI now).

Bike24 offered to cover the cost of the revalve which is great.

I need to test it more to come to a proper conclusion but I'm riding Giant Trance with DVO Topaz which has very light tune and I like it a lot and that bike has even higher leverage ratio so I think it might be good.

Terrain around here is more technical with rocks and no bike park stuff so softer compression damping should help keep things smoother and tracking better especially since it's rear and less sensitive to diving. I hate the feeling of rear end skipping across bumps with harder compression.

Mar

Apr 10, 2021
Croatia
First proper ride today.
Here are my impressions:
Shock definitely has too soft compression stack. It blows through travel easily and on one cased jump it used all of it's travel despite the small jump which was only around 50cm in height.

Much bigger issue is that it's impossible to fit water bottle with the piggyback. The only way it seems possible is to rotate the reservoir to the left and turn it upside down.
This way it sticks out to much for comfort and it's prone to damage.

I'm bit bummed by this. I expected that my XL Levo would be able to accommodate regular water bottle. For this reason I'll be returning the shock and I'll go with inline model, most likely RS Deluxe with RX tune, possibly with megneg can.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If you can fix the tune and live with smaller bottle, Fidlock 450 bootle will fit ...

Mar

Apr 10, 2021
Croatia
If you can fix the tune and live with smaller bottle, Fidlock 450 bootle will fit ...

Thanks but I don't feel like having piggyback is worth it. It's generally the same shock otherwise. Most of the year it's hot in here and 700ml or even 1L bottle is a must and I really hate backpacks.

TuomasR

Jan 14, 2022
Finland
Good to know the bottle issue. One option could be Cane Creek DBair inline shock. It costs bit over 400€. CC is also more expensive to service.
I was thinking megneg too but I not sure if it works for me. I have 250 psi already in my RS Deluxe and megneg will require over 20% more, shock max is 325. I'm 85 kg kitted.

Edit: CC not necessarily a good option to Levo, someone have snapped it Cane Creek DBair IL - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles