Suntour Forks

Owen Duncan

Jun 5, 2022
Burnley
Hi folks I have
Giant Mountain Bike.jpg
just purchased this Giant E second hand and the lockout on the forks wont work. I have seen the fix on youtube for the blue lever version but min is silver and rather than the allen key arrangement has a small flat screw driver type part that the white gear goes on. I have tighten this part but the lockout still wont work. Is there an easy fix?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I can’t imagine not using functioning forks on any of my trail bikes. Since youhave an eBike, the benefits of shutting off the forks is small. Learn the setup procedure for your fork and adjust the action based on your typical use. Like @Jackware said …”don’t worry about it”. Unless your relationship with others are being affected of course. 😉.
IMO it helps cleanup the cockpit a bit too. Is there a dropper post on your bike?

Owen Duncan

Jun 5, 2022
Burnley
I can’t imagine not using functioning forks on any of my trail bikes. Since youhave an eBike, the benefits of shutting off the forks is small. Learn the setup procedure for your fork and adjust the action based on your typical use. Like @Jackware said …”don’t worry about it”. Unless your relationship with others are being affected of course. 😉.
IMO it helps cleanup the cockpit a bit too. Is there a dropper post on your bike?
Thanks for that, not overly concerned unless it was a quick fix. Yes it did have a dropper post but was too tall for me so have refitted the standard post due to my short legs.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Thanks for that, not overly concerned unless it was a quick fix. Yes it did have a dropper post but was too tall for me so have refitted the standard post due to my short legs.
Ah yes. A dropper can be a nice luxury depending on the type of riding you do. There might be a shorter dropper available out there …but it depends on the price/fit/use. In the end, it really depends on the type of riding you choose. And…Enjoy adding up the miles on your eBike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles