Suntour aion fork upgrade ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I've got the trance e 3 but the fork was bit hity missy so I've found grey ville are the importers great people I'm waiting for new cartridge from the auron (same chassis think revelation pike) and volume spacers and negative spring there way cheaper than parts for rockshox or fox so gona try em I'll let u know if it makes em as good as a pike or fox 36 or whatever ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I am following this with interest mate, be good to learn of your findings, maybe with some pics? :D
Yeah I just thought rather than spending 5-6 hundred on a lyric or fox 36 why not spend £150 and try this tbh the negative spring and spacers are only £8 but damper is £130-140 ish I'm waiting for email off grey ville the fork is stiff enough I'm just blowing through travel unless I put way to much pressure in then its even more harsh than it is now its not bad on small stuff but when u push harder jumps or berms use alot of travel and I'm not heavy about 85kg once I sort it I'll post part no of bits and price if it works?

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
The Aion forks on my E+3 developed an irritating rattle, dealer returned forks to Suntour (under warranty) and they were serviced and refitted...........no improvement.

Forks went back to Suntour for a second time and were rebuilt (apparently with new improved parts)...........they are now way better than before and I'm very pleased.

Don't know if the new parts are the same as you are referring to but it was all completed FOC under warranty so it may be worth asking your dealer if they can be improved under warranty.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi no it works as it was spose to just not like I'm used it hasn't got much mid support the parts in getting are from the auron same chassis tbh they may have put a different damper in yours? The guy at grey ville was spot on lovely guy the other suntour place Moor and large were useless and very unhelpful ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all got the reply from suntour Germany the negative spring and volume spacer are in stock £15.00 each and the dampers are £159.00 retail but a new damper is coming out this month fits straight in same price but better I'm told does high/low compression high/low rebound sound like a bargain so I've ordered the spring and spacers and I'll wait for damper alot cheaper than a lyric of fox 36 let's see what it rides like?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
In hindsight would you pay extra for the Foxes now if you were buying a new one?
Tbh no cos I got mine for 3200 including upgraded 170mm dropper and brake disks so it was another 800 for the trance 2 I could have a set of wheels and fork for that? I like the 10speed it works I love the brakes coming from shimano the lever pull took a bit of time but now bedded in there great and the fork will be fine once sorted and it's different ? oh and I preferred the green and black?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Tbh no cos I got mine for 3200 including upgraded 170mm dropper and brake disks so it was another 800 for the trance 2 I could have a set of wheels and fork for that? I like the 10speed it works I love the brakes coming from shimano the lever pull took a bit of time but now bedded in there great and the fork will be fine once sorted and it's different ? oh and I preferred the green and black?
Sounds good. We don't get the 2 over here in NZ just the 1 & 3 so there is a big jump in price. I have waited for next years models as the 2019 colours weren't what I liked. I may end up paying a couple of grand extra for that choice though whereas some coloured tape may have been a cheaper option.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Haha tbh I bought the 3 cos I liked the colour and the only compromise I could see was the fork the shock is great had one before the brakes are a real suprise there lovely and 1x10 works great also chains and cassettes are cheap as since u want all steel for ebike ? I'm fancying fitting a 160-170 fork eventually and a coil shock?

FrontFive

Oct 25, 2019
Glasgow
Haha tbh I bought the 3 cos I liked the colour and the only compromise I could see was the fork the shock is great had one before the brakes are a real suprise there lovely and 1x10 works great also chains and cassettes are cheap as since u want all steel for ebike ? I'm fancying fitting a 160-170 fork eventually and a coil shock?
Hi. Did you ever get that replacement damper?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles