• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The video link would be a great idea if you slowed it down giving enough time for the user to copy what’s on the screen and either subtitles or a voice over as trying to follow the curser on screen in silence at your speed is just to difficult.
Youtube player has "PAUSE" button and it's possible to slow down the video up to x0.25 speed. It far more than enough...

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Youtube player has "PAUSE" button and it's possible to slow down the video up to x0.25 speed. It far more than enough...

And here we go again ?‍♀️
Im politely trying to point out an issue with the instructions to use the product you have sold me and others and you again refuse to even acknowledge that...
I give up.

Dumplings

Jan 13, 2021
UK
Hi, How long does it normally take for a license request to be completed? I have downloaded the app and sent the automated email request but had nothing back?
Cheers

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi, How long does it normally take for a license request to be completed? I have downloaded the app and sent the automated email request but had nothing back?
Cheers
Usually it takes a few seconds. Check your SPAM box

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Instead of me reading this whole thread I have a few questions .

1) can I use Stunlocker (with licence) to unlock to 32kmph (USA) on firmware 4.9.0
?
2) if answer is no to question 1 can firmware be rolled back to unlock to USA limit ?
3) can the unlock be reversed?
4) can a shop detect that stunlocker has been used to set USA limit of it’d set back to default within the stunlocker app .

thanks

I have jam2 with E8000 .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
1. no
2. yes
3. ?
4. no (I think so)

Thank you so kind for those answers .

Question 3 was just asking if rolling back firmware and then unlocking to USA speed can it be put back to default easily ?

which rolled back firmware can be used for the USA speed unlock to work ?
Thanks

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Due "Shimano Inc" demand the App was renamed to "ST Unlocker"

Features:
- Bike Info
- Battery info (recharge cycles and health %)
- Change Assistant Level, including maximum power
- Latest Shimano FWs are supported in Android/IOS version: 4.7.1 for E8000, 4.4.0 for E7000/E6100

Speed limiter change via:
- Destination market
- Circumference
- Max Speed for each mode (works only with FW <= 4.3.2)

my3-png.13183

Shimano SM-PCE02, SM-PCE1&SM-BR2 interfaces are supported.

Software was successfully tested on my fresh new bike with Steps 8000 motor, as well as on E7000, E6100 motors with any display controllers (SCE7000, SCE8000)

For FW > 4.3.2 the best way to rise a Speed Limit is to change the destination market to US (32km/h). This method will maintain the correct odometer and speedometer readings.

Special offer: software is 100% free for all EMTB members. You can unlock speed limiter of your bike for free. This offer expires on 06/01/2019.

Latest updates at stunlocker.com

Google Play
How do I get the premium app that will let me remove speed limiter,

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Hi there Vadll.

I have used your app for two years on my last 2 E8000 motors to raise the cut off by using the US area. Everything worked well with no issues. Thank you.

I am getting a new bike with the EP8 motor shortly. Is there anything I need to be aware of e.g. with respect to FW or is it a straight forward as with the E8000? Also will I need to re-install the app on my phone or will it automatically recognise the EP8.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
I should have read this thread before buying the premium licence and realising I can't change the region settings with my current firmware. I've never been good at being patient :LOL:

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
Yes, I don't imagine it's difficult. I'll have a look around to see if I can find a thread on how to do it. I still need to decide wether I want to run software eleventy versions out of date to get the extra speed though.
Previous versions of the firmware do nothing in the way power is delivered or change the way the bike rides

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
For EP8 RS owners: the new version of the App is available. It has beta features to change power/torque limits of RS motor

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent

Will there be a solution for the EP8 RS which will allow changing of region to the US?

I read you say the EP8 stores region and circumference changes in the log so are you saying you can't change the region? Or is there an older Firmware version for the EP8 RS that will allow you to change the region to US?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles