STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

azazel

Dec 24, 2019
Australia
You got the new motor, this is why. Email me for more info

Yes "I also had my bike in at the shop (had a new motor installed - warranty) and now the options aren't available, not able to change destination country. Any tips? " as above, that you replied "Downgrade the firmware and derestrict" to.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Yes "I also had my bike in at the shop (had a new motor installed - warranty) and now the options aren't available, not able to change destination country. Any tips? " as above, that you replied "Downgrade the firmware and derestrict" to.
I just didn't understand your question, apparently I took the wrong question in the quota. Sorry

raf

May 7, 2020
UK
Hi, I have the e8000 and need to warranty, I have set the region back to EU from US in STunlocker using FW 4.0.2 then updated to latest FW. From reading this thread it seems possible that this region change could still be logged and visible when I take it to the shop? Would it be sensible to revert to the old FW in case this feature is FW dependent?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi, I have the e8000 and need to warranty, I have set the region back to EU from US in STunlocker using FW 4.0.2 then updated to latest FW.
E8000 does not have 4.0.2 firmware. Only EP8 does

From reading this thread it seems possible that this region change could still be logged and visible when I take it to the shop?
No, changes are not logged. I know tons customers of mine who revert settings back to default/stock on their bikes and bike shop didn't find anything. All got their replaced motors by the warranty. So it's all rumors. If you do everything right, no one will see anything.

Would it be sensible to revert to the old FW in case this feature is FW dependent?
Downgrade to the firmware which is supported for changing settings -> change settings to stock/default, including Assist settings (STUnlocker informs you which settings are not default) -> upgrade firmware to the latest version

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
I downloaded STunlocker from the play store last night. I wanted to check the health of my battery as it seems to be losing some of it's capacity already. For me, it's showing that I've only had 1 charge cycle, and that the battery health is 99%. Another strange thing, is that on the statistic page, it seems to think that I've only had a single day of usage, with 849wh consumed and 786km traveled. I read the manual for stulocker but haven't found anything in there. I have not paid for the premium version as I don't intend on changing any settings or de-restricting. Am I dumb or is there something going on?

Really nice app btw, impressive and easy to understand/use with solid documentation.
pAD9kqw.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
For me, it's showing that I've only had 1 charge cycle, and that the battery health is 99%.
Only Shimano batteries have cycles statistic. Your bike has Simplo battery.

Another strange thing, is that on the statistic page, it seems to think that I've only had a single day of usage, with 849wh consumed and 786km traveled.
The App displays the data that the motor collects. Yes, there are some rather strange statistics there. Maybe Shimano will improve the methods of collecting statistics in next firmware updates.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Only Shimano batteries have cycles statistic. Your bike has Simplo battery.

The App displays the data that the motor collects. Yes, there are some rather strange statistics there. Maybe Shimano will improve the methods of collecting statistics in next firmware updates.

I realize this isn't your responsibility, nor is there anything in it for you to suggest a solution for me... but I figure you may have more answers then most. Is there a way for me to check the battery health given that I do not have an oem shimano battery? I assume the esteps windows app with the diagnostic box will still provide the same data to me that stunlocker is providing?

ralf272

Apr 18, 2022
Slovakia
Hello,
I have a question. I have E7000 with display unit SCE5000. I do not know, what version of firmware I have. But I think, there is some new version, because I bought a bike in 3/2022. My plan is to borrow from my friend a display unit SCE7000, downgrade firmware, buy licence of STUnlocker, change coutry to US, change circumference, change assist settings and install back the display unit SCE5000. Would it be OK? Does the bike remember all settings although I uninstall SCE7000 and install back origin display SCE5000?

I have also seen the post from Linkman, 12 Aug 2021. Do you think, engines with newer firmware have already log functionality, where such changes can be recorded?

Thank you.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
I think I have Firmware 4.8 and the last time I connected Stunlocker after a long time it showed me a warning that I changed some settings which I never did. I just used it to get percentage values of soc and health. So what does this mean?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I think I have Firmware 4.8 and the last time I connected Stunlocker after a long time it showed me a warning that I changed some settings which I never did. I just used it to get percentage values of soc and health. So what does this mean?
This is just a warning message. You can turn it off in the app settings if it annoys you.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
But why does the app show the tire circumfence as not stock? I never changed it.
Because 2259 is not a common value (2260 is much more common). Different manufacturers put different circumference during motor initialization. Also, only the new EP8 motor has the regulation log with stock value of the wheel circumference.
In any case, it is just a warning message.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
I informed with YT about checking the battery health on the Simplo battery of the Decoy and they said I need to check the range I get..... Apparently there is no consumer way of checking this, but I am sure the BMS is logging for example cycle count and so on.

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
Screenshot_2022-07-09-17-22-08-47_c2837c1dd950ed563ee39c6f526f419e_1.jpg
exploring 4.6.1 , as it's compatible with ew en100, it gives me a good cruise speed, spd is read on a small computer display from van rysel, exploring power and assist boost limits, no problem at 325% 525w atm, here south of france, direct sun, 37°c wheather. motor unit is warm, can keep my hand on it, counter side battery is empty quicker. chanring is bmx race 42t

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles