STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Hi @vadll, in E8000 at 4.8.0, does the PREMIUM LICENSE, allow to change wheel circumference and Motor Angle?

I just read the STUNLOCKER manual, and these features have 4.8.0 in RED colour, so I am ot sure if it will work.

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Hi @vadll, in E8000 at 4.8.0, does the PREMIUM LICENSE, allow to change wheel circomference and Motor Angle?

I just read the manual, and these features have 4.8.0 in RED colour, so I am ot sure if it will work.
I have been told that the answer is Yes.

Last edited:

Lusankya

Jun 26, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi

So my warranty is finally out and I have always wanted to change it to USA domestic market. I have an e8000 on a Propain Ekano and alittle more speed heading into jumps would be a massive help.

I used to be able to connect my phone with no problems on the Shimano app. I had to get a new phone and lost the old app. I did try to connect the Shimano app again but it was having none of it. As I don't really need to use it, I just deleted the app.

I paid for the STunlocker app this morning but not the license yet. I cannot get the bloody thing to connect.

I followed the instructions to the letter. When it comes up with the screen to put the pin in before even typing you can see an error window pop up in the background saying 'authenticating error'. Any ideas on an Android if that makes any difference.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I paid for the STunlocker app this morning but not the license yet. I cannot get the bloody thing to connect.
Why not email me directly? Did you checked a SPAM folder?

I followed the instructions to the letter. When it comes up with the screen to put the pin in before even typing you can see an error window pop up in the background saying 'authenticating error'. Any ideas on an Android if that makes any difference.
It means that your bike has non-default PIN because you changed it in ETUBE App. Enter that PIN at STUnlocker App's settings

Lusankya

Jun 26, 2019
Isle of Wight
Why not email me directly? Did you checked a SPAM folder?

It means that your bike has non-default PIN because you changed it in ETUBE App. Enter that PIN at STUnlocker App's settings

I was not suggesting it a problem with your app as it didn't work with the Shimano either and also didn't realise I could. good to know thank you.

I am damn sure I never changed the pin so not sure why it is not connecting, but before I even enter the pin it comes up with an error?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I was not suggesting it a problem with your app as it didn't work with the Shimano either and also didn't realise I could. good to know thank you.

I am damn sure I never changed the pin so not sure why it is not connecting, but before I even enter the pin it comes up with an error?
But you changed PIN definitely. Use the latest App version. What about licence? Did you receive it?

Lusankya

Jun 26, 2019
Isle of Wight
I don't remember doing that but I obviously did, worked out the pin. It all connected fine. I am just waiting for a new speed sensor from Propain once that is all fitted and I am sure the bike is working I will pay for the premium license.

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
I bought a new motor and used stunlocker to program it. The motor fw is 4.3.4 but i don't like the power delivery. Can I update the firmware to one of my choosing using shimano's etube or will it update to the latest that isn't fully supported by stunlocker?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I bought a new motor and used stunlocker to program it. The motor fw is 4.3.4 but i don't like the power delivery. Can I update the firmware to one of my choosing using shimano's etube or will it update to the latest that isn't fully supported by stunlocker?
Update the FW to 4.8.0. It's 100% supported for derestriction via Bluetooth. Email me for upgrade/downgrade instructions

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
I need to take my E7000 motor in for some warranty work. Like an idiot I've lost the screenshot of the original settings.

I dont suppose anyone has the original values to set it back to?

Many thanks!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I dont suppose anyone has the original values to set it back to?
Change the region to EU, the circumference to the correct value. At Assist settings use "Default" buttons to set default assist levels

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Change the region to EU, the circumference to the correct value. At Assist settings use "Default" buttons to set default assist levels
Many thanks.

For the circumference, I seem to remember it came set at 2330mm rather than the stunlocker value of 2300mm for 29''?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
If I purchase a Lezyne front light & hard wire it. Will I have to activate it with a pc or can I do this with the stunlocker app?
You can do it using STUnlocker for Windows/iOS/Android. If you have the latest firmware on your bike and you want to change settings via Bluetooth - you have to downgrade firmware to a supported version

azazel

Dec 24, 2019
Australia
So I took my bike to the LBS and they have done a bloody update on it. The destination country no longer works. How do I turn the up date back?

I also had my bike in at the shop (had a new motor installed - warranty) and now the options aren't available, not able to change destination country. Any tips?

Gool

Feb 16, 2022
Israel
Hi Everyone, newbie here on e8000
I downloaded the STUNLOCKER app
Downgraded my FW to 4.8
Paid for the premium version lat night....

..... What's next?
I got emails saying the payment is cleared but I can't use the premium features.

Should I just be patient?
Thanks!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I also had my bike in at the shop (had a new motor installed - warranty) and now the options aren't available, not able to change destination country. Any tips?
Downgrade the firmware and derestrict

azazel

Dec 24, 2019
Australia
Downgrade the firmware and derestrict

Thanks, I've followed the instructions. Installed the old ETube Project App (5.0.2) to my phone.
I copied the 2 .dat files to the relevant folder:
5.1.jpg

Restarted the Etube app.
I disconnected data, then connected to my bike and followed the "upgrade" prompt, it was successful.
I then connected STunlocker to my bike, don't have the pencil edit icon next to 'market'.
I've gone through this 3 times.
Any help much appreciated.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I then connected STunlocker to my bike, don't have the pencil edit icon next to 'market'.
I've gone through this 3 times.
Any help much appreciated.
Did you pay for the Premium licence? If yes, did you apply your Premium key?

azazel

Dec 24, 2019
Australia
Did you pay for the Premium licence? If yes, did you apply your Premium key?

Yes I had previously had it working before I had the bike back in the workshop, and a new motor was installed.
I used the previous email key from 2020, is there a way to tell when it's applied? I got the message "Licence key added! Now you have full access to ST Unlocker features". But it still shows 'Get the Premium licence' in the menu options.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Yes I had previously had it working before I had the bike back in the workshop, and a new motor was installed.
I used the previous email key from 2020, is there a way to tell when it's applied? I got the message "Licence key added! Now you have full access to ST Unlocker features". But it still shows 'Get the Premium licence' in the menu options.
You got the new motor, this is why. Email me for more info

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles