STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
OR
1 x iOS device, 1 x Etube app on said device, 1 x Mac, 1 x downgraded firmware and 1 x ebike! :LOL:

...TBH most of the ones I see, they want some sort of combination of 100% "they will not mess anything up" with 100% "hold my hand, tell me how to do it step by step".
Didn't know you could do it on iOS now, I did mine when it was only viable via android, good to know.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
LOL first of all, it has nothing to do with "holding hands". You alluded to something and I wanted more clarity... and after asking more questions, the actual facts comes out after all.

So in the end... you paid $300USD to get the Eplus app and the PC Link (which standalone costs around $200ish) to install some modified firmware to derestrict your E-bike; if that got you what you needed, then you got what you needed. That's perfectly fine.

For the benefit of others, they can also do what you did - OR instead use ST Unlocker (with the $33USD license), official Shimano E-Tube app (free), official Shimano firmware (unmodified and free), and nothing else (no need to buy the $200 Shimano SM-PCEx) and get the exact same results. (y)
Not the exact same results if I understand correctly. ST Unlocker and firmware 4.7.1 you can get 32km/h? More if you play with tyre sizes, but that will make speed and km reading / recording out. HORSPWR has 80km/h (effectively unlimited) speed limit with no negative effect on speed and km reading / recording? ST unlocker will be fine for me. 32km/h and an accurate trip / odo meter. I use odo for maintenance schedule etc. The trip meter often as a goal or to aid in navigation. If I wanted a higher limit though (and was prepared to pay for it) then Eplus looks like a viable option. I haven't heard of any other option where you don't have to roll back firmware or lose the usefulness of trip meter and odometer.

Last edited:

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Not the exact same results if I understand correctly. ST Unlocker and firmware 4.7.1 you can get 32km/h? More if you play with tyre sizes, but that will make speed and km reading / recording out. HORSPWR has 80km/h (effectively unlimited) speed limit with no negative effect on speed and km reading / recording?

You misread a lot, sir.

1. CBmojo (not HORSPWR) said they used ePlus and "4.7.1" to derestrict both of his e-bikes to "80km/h"... but that's false. They are NOT running stock Shimano 4.7.1 - they flashed a modded firmware (my guess is it's probably just 4.3.2 renamed to some "4.7.1 mod" something and ePlus charged $ for it, but whatever) and they were told that the only way to flash said FW was to spend more $ to buy the PC-link to load it on their bikes first (also not true, you don't need PC-Link to flash new firmware).

...So after $300 (and a bunch of things they didn't really need) they had their e-bikes derestricted to 80km/h.

2. When I said "exact same results" I was referring to the fact that with ST Unlocker and 4.3.2 FW you can do adjust speed up to 80km/h as well. I said "same results", not "same method" because ST Unlocker method is only $33 when all is said and done, no charge to flash firmware, no charge to buy a PC link that isn't a requirement to flash FW.. and in the end?

...So after just $33 (and knowing the right method to do it) for ST Unlocker premium, you can also have your e-bike derestricted to 80km/h. (y)

I haven't heard of any other option where you don't have to roll back firmware or lose the usefulness of trip meter and odometer.

Exactly. That's my whole point. :cool:

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
I have the stunlocker and just swapped 6 months ago from eu to usa but my E-TUBE app has a firmware update,what do you do guys? I dare not update invade it messes things up? also I thought I’d just try changing the circumference to 26” but after exiting the app the display says backup and save,I just put it back too 27.5 and said no?

Last edited:

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I have the stunlocker and just swapped 6 months ago from eu to usa but my E-TUBE app has a firmware update,what do you do guys? I dare not update invade it messes things up? also I thought I’d just try changing the circumference to 26” but after exiting the app the display says backup and save,I just put it back too 27.5 and said no?

- Just because there's a firmware update, doesn't mean you have to install it.
- If you ever see the "backup and save" just push any button on the controller.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
- Just because there's a firmware update, doesn't mean you have to install it.
- If you ever see the "backup and save" just push any button on the controller.
Cheers buddy..yes it’s done me good today(recovering from shingles) I’ve realised that you have to select yes for the instructions to go away,anyway I used my draggy gps device to calibrate an app on my phone which I then strapped to the bike and compared the actual speed,I don’t no anything about the mount angle? so I left that alone but my default circumference was 2230mm,I tried 26” and the speed was still shy...long story but USA origin,circumference at 2005mm and speed correction at 5% my meta sx now drops out at 34kph and the display speed is correct,from stock all I did 6 months ago was to select USA as origin but I always though this doesn’t feel like 32kph...it wasn’t was about 28.5kph??it occupied me for hours,all I need to do now is to figure out how too delete the presets?ive got shitloads??

Last edited:

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Don't bother using etube after you've switched over to your new desired region. I always go yes to the back up and have never had an issue.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Sit back and let others find out whether the update is good or not. Look at all the trouble giant owners are having with their latest update. Although the latest bosch update looks awesome!

Lexinoo

Sep 21, 2019
Cannock chase
Hi ,
I'm new to ebikes and I'm useless with computers etc.
I bought the basic stunlocker app to have a look at on my new canyon that has firmware 4.7.1/4.0.6 (which means nothing to me).
I'm interested in changing the region to USA for the extra mph but I'm not interested in changing firmware or anything technical as I know I'll mess it up.
So from what I understand -if I purchase the full version of the app it is then simply a case of changing the region and nothing else ? And could I just simply change it back if for some reason I wanted to in the future?
Thanks

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hi ,
I bought the basic stunlocker app to have a look at on my new canyon that has firmware 4.7.1/4.0.6 (which means nothing to me).
I'm interested in changing the region to USA for the extra mph but I'm not interested in changing firmware or anything technical as I know I'll mess it up.
So from what I understand -if I purchase the full version of the app it is then simply a case of changing the region and nothing else ? And could I just simply change it back if for some reason I wanted to in the future?
Thanks
Yes buddy that’s all I did 6 months ago,It was that simple?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Hi ,
Thanks

Basically... yes.

do yourself a favor and read the latest v1.9 manual so you understand the product.

Cinnamon

Mar 2, 2018
Somewhere
We have three E8000 bikes. Is it possible to operate all three bikes with the same application, of course, so that each one has its own license?

EDYM

Jul 6, 2020
Igny
Hello Vadll, congrats on your job with this app (y) I'm not already licenced (my e-bike is 2 weeks old) but really interested !

This is a question from a friend of mine who's using your app since a few months with success.
He had a motor issue (no relation with your app) and then a warranty exchange ...

Since then he's not able to use the App with his new motor, is there a way you can unlock it ?

Cheers

EDYM

Jul 6, 2020
Igny
It's not me.
But I suppose when you go through this, you've got some written traces to prove the thing ?
If not, just ask for it to the shop.

Ok with that Vadll ?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
It's not me.
But I suppose when you go through this, you've got some written traces to prove the thing ?
If not, just ask for it to the shop.

Ok with that Vadll ?

OR

...tell "your friend" to just tap the "get license" option in the app and explain it themselves.
But it's generally 1 license, 1 motor. It's only $33, just get another license and support the app.

EDYM

Jul 6, 2020
Igny
OR

...tell "your friend" to just tap the "get license" option in the app and explain it themselves.
But it's generally 1 license, 1 motor. It's only $33, just get another license and support the app.
I think he already get in touch with Vadll, sure it's affordable, but still think it's unfair.

Linkman

Jul 14, 2020
Hungary
Hello Vadll,

I have 4.3.4 version fw in DU-E8000 and I'd like to ask can I change the "Market Setting" from EU to US by your app?

Or before I have to upgrade the fw to the newest (4.8.0, Release Date: Jul 13, 2020)?

If I have to upgrade before then my next question is that your app supports the "Market Setting" changing under the newest fw version (4.8.0) too ?

1594722181147.gif

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I have 4.3.4 version fw in DU-E8000 and I'd like to ask can I change the "Market Setting" from EU to US by your app?

It should work, read the manual - DU-E8000 market setting supported in current version up to 4.7.1

If I have to upgrade before then my next question is that your app supports the "Market Setting" changing under the newest fw version (4.8.0) too ?

4.8.0 literally was released yesterday... :rolleyes:

Wait for an official update on 4.8.0 when it's ready.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I think he already get in touch with Vadll, sure it's affordable, but still think it's unfair.

Explain how exactly it is "unfair" - it's not.
Your friend paid for one license for one motor.
Change motor? you should pay for a new license. It's simple.

...or do you go to a restaurant and buy a drink and pay for it once, then expect that you don't have to pay again when you want another drink later? :p

Linkman

Jul 14, 2020
Hungary
It should work, read the manual - DU-E8000 market setting supported in current version up to 4.7.1

I have already read ST_unlocker_Manual.pdf, but I became unsure because Markus Schlegel the eMax developer wrote me that market setting changing works only from 4.5.1 version. (Moreover his app more expensive than this)

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I have already read ST_unlocker_Manual.pdf, but I became unsure because Markus Schlegel the eMax developer wrote me that market setting changing works only from 4.5.1 version. (Moreover his app more expensive than this)

Well just have to wait and see what vadll says about it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles