STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new version 1.9 was uploaded.
- "Mount angle" can be negative now
- added the new feature: it's possible to select "Preset" which will be automatically applied after establishing a connection with the bike. It can be canceled. Some customers wanted this feature for a case of Police control...

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version with widgets and shortcuts for quick applying settings available at Google Play
"Panic" widget/shortcut for applying "Stock" settings
"Preset" widget/shortcut for applying custom Assist settings for bikes on which assist settings are not savable.
Updated manual includes all latest changes

Screenshot_1591645721.png

paalkr

Jun 18, 2020
Norway
Hi, I have two DU-E8000 equipped eMTBs, one have a SC-E8000 display and the other bike has a SC-E7000 display unit. I have a valid ST Unlocker license for each bike. I have successfully downgraded the bike with the EC-E8000 display to the 4.3.2 FW and applied custom speed limits for each mode through ST Unlocker. Can I temporarily connect the EC-E8000 display to the other bike, downgrade firmware and then reconnect the original SC-E7000 display? Will this work, and can I adjust the speed limit for each mode after reconnect the original display?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi, I have two DU-E8000 equipped eMTBs, one have a SC-E8000 display and the other bike has a SC-E7000 display unit. I have a valid ST Unlocker license for each bike. I have successfully downgraded the bike with the EC-E8000 display to the 4.3.2 FW and applied custom speed limits for each mode through ST Unlocker. Can I temporarily connect the EC-E8000 display to the other bike, downgrade firmware and then reconnect the original SC-E7000 display? Will this work, and can I adjust the speed limit for each mode after reconnect the original display?
No. E7000 display will not work with 4.3.2 because 4.3.2 was released before releasing the first version of E7000 display

paalkr

Jun 18, 2020
Norway
No. E7000 display will not work with 4.3.2 because 4.3.2 was released before releasing the first version of E7000 display

I see. My wife has ordered a Cannondale eMTB HT with E8000 display. I might "permanently borrow" that display. She will probably not notice any difference :D.

For my bike with the E7000 display I have the original 4.7.1 FW and have only changed the region to US. My other bike with the E8000 display runs the downgraded 4.3.2 FW and has custom speed limits pr mode. Exactly what is better with the 4.7.1 FW vs the 4.3.2 FW, comparing the original features from Shimano? Is there a change log available?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Hello Vadll. I would like to purchase this, but don't have email set up on my phone by choice - is there some other way of paying for this?

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
I am not trying to say...I am saying...lol
I have a Focus Jam2 and a Pivot Shuttle both de-restricted to 80km (which obviously they would never go that fast...but the point is...no limit) and I can control all power and torque aspects from the app...

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
just so we are clear I ride as a class one i just dont like the cut off and I prefer the commute to the trail to be a quick one

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I am not trying to say...I am saying...lol
I have a Focus Jam2 and a Pivot Shuttle both de-restricted to 80km (which obviously they would never go that fast...but the point is...no limit) and I can control all power and torque aspects from the app...

...and your drive unit firmware is 4.7.1?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
yes it is on both

Okay just so everything is clear here:
1. You have 2 e-mtb with Shimano E8000 and drive unit firmware on both is 4.7.1
2. You used the ePlus app only with the Bluetooth connection to the bike
3. You did not use a Shimano PC link or anything else
4. You did not downgrade your firmware at all
5. Using the ePlus app only you derestricted both bikes above 32mph/20mph

Am I missing anything in there? And how much did you pay?

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
I really like the STunlocker and have used it...I have respect for Vadll, this is really his forum so out of that respect to him just pm me and I will give you the detail

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I really like the STunlocker and have used it...I have respect for Vadll, this is really his forum so out of that respect to him just pm me and I will give you the detail

You’re the one who brought up ePlus app in this thread in the first place, so you can just answer here. Why do I have to suddenly PM you for more detail? Is it like... some super secret stuff?? Or is there really more to it than you originally claimed?

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
lol...I brought it up passively to help you out...I was just trying to be respectful...I figured you could go to the site and check it out, I didn't really think I needed to hold your hand! I didn't claim anything other than I de-restricted my bike with 4.7.1 but here you go...
1. Yes
2. Not only the eplus app you need to connect to pc link to flash it
3. Once flashed you are free to use the app
4. No I did not downgrade my firmware
5.Yes

Its all straight forward...relative to the cost of the bike it is inexpensive maybe 300.00 us (including the pc link...which you should heve anyway to diagose your motor). You can always flash back to stock and I have over 500 miles and never an issue...actually I would say the bikes run better

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
lol...I brought it up passively to help you out...I was just trying to be respectful...I figured you could go to the site and check it out, I didn't really think I needed to hold your hand! I didn't claim anything other than I de-restricted my bike with 4.7.1 but here you go...
1. Yes
2. Not only the eplus app you need to connect to pc link to flash it
3. Once flashed you are free to use the app
4. No I did not downgrade my firmware
5.Yes

Its all straight forward...relative to the cost of the bike it is inexpensive maybe 300.00 us (including the pc link...which you should heve anyway to diagose your motor). You can always flash back to stock and I have over 500 miles and never an issue...actually I would say the bikes run better

LOL first of all, it has nothing to do with "holding hands". You alluded to something and I wanted more clarity... and after asking more questions, the actual facts comes out after all.

So in the end... you paid $300USD to get the Eplus app and the PC Link (which standalone costs around $200ish) to install some modified firmware to derestrict your E-bike; if that got you what you needed, then you got what you needed. That's perfectly fine.

For the benefit of others, they can also do what you did - OR instead use ST Unlocker (with the $33USD license), official Shimano E-Tube app (free), official Shimano firmware (unmodified and free), and nothing else (no need to buy the $200 Shimano SM-PCEx) and get the exact same results. (y)

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
lol..i didnt allude to anything...the facts are the facts there was nothing to come out...I simply said "try Eplus... a little pricey but work flawless with 4.7.1".

But since you put it that way...not sure why there are 11 pages of people trying to figure out how to downgrade their firmware and/or de-restrict their bike?

i was offering another option, plain and simple...I have nothing to sell and could care less what you choose

That's why life is about choice...

all good...cheers

Last edited:

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
lol..i didnt allude to anything...the facts are the facts there was nothing to come out...I simply said "try Eplus... a little pricey but work flawless with 4.7.1".

But since you put it that way...not sure why there is 11 pages of people trying to figure out how to downgrade their firmware and/or de-restrict their bike?

i was offering another option, plain and simple...I have nothing to sell and have could care less what you choose

all good...cheers

And the facts are, your other option is more complicated and more expensive.
plain and simple (y)

Cheers

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

But since you put it that way...not sure why there are 11 pages of people trying to figure out how to downgrade their firmware and/or de-restrict their bike?

i was offering another option, plain and simple...I have nothing to sell and could care less what you choose

all good...cheers
Don't know why there are so many people trying to figure out how to downgrade the firmware. It takes about 5 minutes and is a piece of piss to do!

1 x android phone, 1 x Etube app on said phone, 1 x PC, 1 x downgraded firmware and 1 x ebike!

couldn't...

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Don't know why there are so many people trying to figure out how to downgrade the firmware. It takes about 5 minutes and is a piece of piss to do!

1 x android phone, 1 x Etube app on said phone, 1 x PC, 1 x downgraded firmware and 1 x ebike!

couldn't...

OR
1 x iOS device, 1 x Etube app on said device, 1 x Mac, 1 x downgraded firmware and 1 x ebike! :LOL:

...TBH most of the ones I see, they want some sort of combination of 100% "they will not mess anything up" with 100% "hold my hand, tell me how to do it step by step".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles