Strava, Wahoo, and Levo

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
So I have read a few of the post here about this subject but I am still confused so I hope someone can break it down for me.

I have my 19 Levo hooked up to my Wahoo Bolt where it's getting the speed, cadence, and power from the Levo. After my ride, the Wahoo uploads the ride data to Strava and I see the power data for my ride. My question is the power data from just me or is it the motor, or is it the motor and me? I am not understanding what I am seeing. I am a big data nerd and just trying to grasp what the data is so any help would be very much appreciated.

Here are some screens from my ride yesterday out training with my NICA kids who are not on e-bikes so ignore the slow pace and stopping as the kids are all about 13 years old and only riding for a season or two.

analysis.jpg Overview.jpg zone.jpg

dfgomez

Jun 19, 2020
Costa Rica
So I have read a few of the post here about this subject but I am still confused so I hope someone can break it down for me.

I have my 19 Levo hooked up to my Wahoo Bolt where it's getting the speed, cadence, and power from the Levo. After my ride, the Wahoo uploads the ride data to Strava and I see the power data for my ride. My question is the power data from just me or is it the motor, or is it the motor and me? I am not understanding what I am seeing. I am a big data nerd and just trying to grasp what the data is so any help would be very much appreciated.

Here are some screens from my ride yesterday out training with my NICA kids who are not on e-bikes so ignore the slow pace and stopping as the kids are all about 13 years old and only riding for a season or two.

View attachment 17423 View attachment 17424 View attachment 17425
I have this same question. Don’t know if the reported power is the sum of bike + rider or just my own. Would like to know because it seems high and when combined with a lower HHRR it “muddies” the TSS data that eventually makes it over to Training Peaks making me seem more fit than reality. Would like to know what’s being measured.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
I‘m pretty sure it is „rider power“ - your personal power only.
For Garmin devices I know it. As far as I know your Levo transmitts no other power over ANT+.
What you can do to be sure: download Spesh Mission Control to your phone. With that app you can monitor both - rider power and motor power.

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
I‘m pretty sure it is „rider power“ - your personal power only.
For Garmin devices I know it. As far as I know your Levo transmitts no other power over ANT+.
What you can do to be sure: download Spesh Mission Control to your phone. With that app you can monitor both - rider power and motor power.

When pairing the Levo to your Garmin, for power is there a separate Levo powermeter? Or does all available data transmit when you pair the bike sensor to the Garmin?

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
This is rider only power, but it is highly inaccurate. On my 2020 Kenevo is says my bike is stopped and I am not pedaling about ever 45 to 90 seconds. There are also certain situations where I am barely pedaling and it says I am putting out 300 watts and other situations where I am pushing and I get a reading of 120 watts.

As a side note I run a power meter on my road bike and on my lighter weight trail bike so have a decent amount of experience with them.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
This is rider only power, but it is highly inaccurate. On my 2020 Kenevo is says my bike is stopped and I am not pedaling about ever 45 to 90 seconds. There are also certain situations where I am barely pedaling and it says I am putting out 300 watts and other situations where I am pushing and I get a reading of 120 watts.

As a side note I run a power meter on my road bike and on my lighter weight trail bike so have a decent amount of experience with them.
I have three levo's in the house and none of them have that issue with power readings, I think you are having a torque sensor issue.

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
I have three levo's in the house and none of them have that issue with power readings, I think you are having a torque sensor issue.

When pairing the Levo to your Garmin, for power is there a separate Levo powermeter? Or does all available data transmit when you pair the bike sensor to the Garmin?

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Here is a screen shot of my paired sensors on my Garmin 830. The first one is the power meter from the Levo, second one is the speed/cadence, third is my heart rate strap, and fourth is the AXS rear mech.

Garmin 830 sensors.jpg

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
Here is a screen shot of my paired sensors on my Garmin 830. The first one is the power meter from the Levo, second one is the speed/cadence, third is my heart rate strap, and fourth is the AXS rear mech.

View attachment 53982

Thankssssss, really appreciate it.

So I guess the battery info, mode info and range, come through on the power channel???

MarkoPetejan

Sep 20, 2019
Slovenia
Regarding power, there is no way for the TCU to provide you with the sum of biker and motor power as total system power.
Firstly, because those values are internally calculated at different times, so you would be adding "current" value to some past value.
Secondly, because motor power is actually electrical power consumption, not the power the motor adds to the pedals.
These two measurements have the same unit (watts) but are totally different. Summing them up gives nonsense.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles