STOLEN

Monkey Dog

Jun 4, 2020
Derbyshire
Reasonable force means just that , you can’t chop someone’s hands off for stealing !
I do agree about the 2nd hand market , people only steal what sells !
About 10 years ago we had 2 mx bikes nicked , one thief crashed just down the road and hit a walk which was fatal . If only he’d stolen one of the many helmets we had !
I'm surprised you didn't get the blame for their death. Knowing how stupid it all is :rolleyes:

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
"The law does seem to be on the side of the crim, thanks to Guardian reading snow flake woke brigade."

I suppose that must be why so few people are in jail, then. ?

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
Yeah & why many aren't
What level of crime do you suggest inhabits your description of the results of "snowflakery" resulting in those not being in jail, who should be? Or even still alive because they have not been subject to officially-sanctioned murder (that you seem to approve of).

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I ordered this from Amazon. Not much more than £10
Anyone who opens my bike shed will be blasted by a sound loud enough to wake the dead.

E463EA73-D638-4C5B-8B82-537333BE76D5.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Its amazing but neighbours simply do not respond to alarm sounds. Been broken in twice this year on site, alarms going off on two corners of the building, grinder cutting the locks, van on false number plates outside on road, 3 guys on CCTV lifting every tool out of the locked area and both neighbours on both sides simply said they had heard the alarm but had even got out of bed to check. So much for neighbours.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
let us know how it goes. Would something like a mouse set it off?
I'd imagine insects and rodents wouldn't set it off. They're most likely too small for the PIR to pick up on it's default settings, though most of these systems have a sensitivity adjustment screw.

Or are you worried about the mouse ? I thought it was cat burglar's that were and issue, not mouse burglars ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
A good friend of mine was woken one night by a burglar in his bedroom. It turned out that there was another burglar downstairs also. So far so good for the burglars, but it turned out to be a nightmare for them!

What they didn't know was that my mate was ex-SBS (the Royal Navy version of the SAS - they do the same as the SAS but wearing a wetsuit and flippers!) In addition to the usual skills these guys have, he was an instructor in four different martial arts. These were: Karate, Taekwondo, an Israeli commando one called Krav Maga, which is unpleasant to say the least, and last but not least, a British Special Forces technique that is only taught to them. He had also trained his wife in his own blend of very nasty self defence techniques. He also had four sons in the house who he had also trained. If that wasn't enough he had two dogs. Now these were not your average house dog. They were Japanese Akitas- a dog bred for fighting. A little known fact is that Akitas come in three sizes, big, very big, and OMFG! Of course he had the OMFG variety. They take a bit of waking up but once aroused, they are very formidable, very! I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise just looking at a photo of one of them! Anyway, back to the story.

He leapt out of bed naked, as you do, and wrested the burglar out of the bedroom and onto the landing. By the way, my mate was about 65 when this happened and the burglars were early/mid 30's. By this time the boys were awake and his wife was yelling her head off. He told the two younger boys to go to their Mum and phone the Police. He told the older two to check out the house and to see what the dogs were barking at. All this time he was fighting with the burglar whilst naked. The two older boys ran downstairs and found that the two dogs had the second burglar cornered in the kitchen. They hadn't bitten him, but were giving him some seriously threatening looks and snarling at every move he made. The boys left the dogs to it and ran back upstairs to see if Dad needed any help. He didn't. By now his fight with the burglar had developed into the punishment stage. While a beating was being carried out the burglar was told in no uncertain terms that this property was now out of bounds to the criminal community and to tell all his mates. The Police arrived and took charge. The boys released the kitchen burglar from Akita custody to Police custody, and the upstairs burglar was stretchered out to an awaiting ambulance. He later appeared in court on arm-crutches. Because he is ex-Special Forces, my mate had made a practice of always informing the local Police when he moved into a new area, so they knew who he was already. In the UK at that time, there had been an increasing tendency for householders who injured a burglar to get arrested by the Police prior to an investigation as to whether "reasonable force" had been applied. But because he had been roused from sleep and wrestled the burglar away from his wife and then, as he put it, defended myself against a much younger man, he was given no grief by the Police. The two burglars were well known to the Police and they shed no tears for them at all.

Well it made me smile! :)

RIP Taz. :cry:

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
let us know how it goes. Would something like a mouse set it off?
I have two large aluminium garage doors and they wobble back and forth when it gets windy. The sensor would need to be pointing away from them for sure.
I also have mice in the garage. Not all the time, but enough that I have two traps set next the bird food. I have caught 13 since Jan this year. I bait the traps with raisins. Sometimes they can take a raisin without springing the trap, but that just moves the release lever closer to the edge and the next one gets it! Amazingly, several times I have caught two in one night. I would have thought that the presence of one dead mouse in a trap would warn off the other less than a foot away, but the lure of the raisin must be too much.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
A good friend of mine was woken one night by a burglar in his bedroom. It turned out that there was another burglar downstairs also. So far so good for the burglars, but it turned out to be a nightmare for them!

What they didn't know was that my mate was ex-SBS (the Royal Navy version of the SAS - they do the same as the SAS but wearing a wetsuit and flippers!) In addition to the usual skills these guys have, he was an instructor in four different martial arts. These were: Karate, Taekwondo, an Israeli commando one called Krav Maga, which is unpleasant to say the least, and last but not least, a British Special Forces technique that is only taught to them. He had also trained his wife in his own blend of very nasty self defence techniques. He also had four sons in the house who he had also trained. If that wasn't enough he had two dogs. Now these were not your average house dog. They were Japanese Akitas- a dog bred for fighting. A little known fact is that Akitas come in three sizes, big, very big, and OMFG! Of course he had the OMFG variety. They take a bit of waking up but once aroused, they are very formidable, very! I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise just looking at a photo of one of them! Anyway, back to the story.

He leapt out of bed, naked as you do, and wrested the burglar out of the bedroom and onto the landing. By the way, my mate was about 65 when this happened and the burglars were early/mid 30's. By this time the boys were awake and his wife was yelling her head off. He told the two younger boys to go to their Mum and phone the Police. He told the older two to check out the house and to see what the dogs were barking at. All this time he was fighting with the burglar whilst naked. The two older boys ran downstairs and found that the two dogs had the second burglar cornered in the kitchen. They hadn't bitten him, but were giving him some seriously threatening looks and snarling at every move he made. The boys left the dogs to it and ran back upstairs to see if Dad needed any help. He didn't. By now his fight with the burglar had developed into the punishment stage. While a beating was being carried out the burglar was told in no uncertain terms that this property was now out of bounds to the criminal community and to tell all his mates. The Police arrived and took charge. The boys released the kitchen burglar from Akita custody to Police custody, and the upstairs burglar was stretchered out to an awaiting ambulance. He later appeared in court on arm-crutches. Because he is ex-Special Forces, my mate had made a practice of always informing the local Police when he moved into a new area, so they knew who he was already. In the UK at that time, there had been an increasing tendency for householders who injured a burglar to get arrested by the Police prior to an investigation as to whether "reasonable force" had been applied. But because he had been roused from sleep and wrestled the burglar away from his wife and then, as he put it, defended myself against a much younger man, he was given no grief by the Police. The two burglars were well known to the Police and they shed no tears for them at all.

Well it made me smile! :)

RIP Taz. :cry:

great story. At least if a mouse sets off my alarm I reckon I could overpower it and wrestle it to the ground. A hedgehog? I’m not so sure. That could be a fairly even fight.

To be fair, I do have 20 thousand bees as backup if any creature tries to threaten me or my bikes. ? ? ? ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I have two large aluminium garage doors and they wobble back and forth when it gets windy. The sensor would need to be pointing away from them for sure.
I also have mice in the garage. Not all the time, but enough that I have two traps set next the bird food. I have caught 13 since Jan this year. I bait the traps with raisins. Sometimes they can take a raisin without springing the trap, but that just moves the release lever closer to the edge and the next one gets it! Amazingly, several times I have caught two in one night. I would have thought that the presence of one dead mouse in a trap would warn off the other less than a foot away, but the lure of the raisin must be too much.

they are PIR sensors, so something that gives off no heat like a garage door moving wont set it off, but a person moving will set it off.

A mouse or spider is unlikely to set it off unless they crawl right over the sensor.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
great story. At least if a mouse sets off my alarm I reckon I could overpower it and wrestle it to the ground. A hedgehog? I’m not so sure. That could be a fairly even fight.
That sort of thing used to happen to him all the time, not house invasions of course, but stuff that just doesn't seem to happen to anyone else.

He got put into a coma for three weeks when some lout lobbed a bottle over a wall and it hit him on the head. The lout was the 6'3" local bully/yob/arsehole and was a proper anti-social type. Once my mate was out of hospital and fully fit, he went round to pay him a visit. The guy moved out of the area.

He was knocked off his bike by a car. As he lay on the ground trying to work out if any part of him was broken, the driver stood over him shouting and screaming at him that he had damaged his car and that he had better not get up until he promised to pay etc. That didn't end well for him either.

He was riding his bike with one of his dogs. A guy with three Dobermans was coming the other way and quite deliberately knocked him off his bike. The guy squared up to him, and was promptly put down. The three Dobermans sized him up and were about to attack when the Akita came lumbering round the corner and set about them all. They ran off squealing.

RIP Taz :cry:

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I take it its a movement detector version. How have you found it for insects/animals, can its sensitivity be altered. Do you have link, please

here is the link below. Its only just arrived so not tested it fully yet. i don’t think you can adjust the sensitivity but my bike shed is a sealed metal one so only the odd spider? can enter and I doubt that would set it off as it’s an infra red detector and requires a warm blooded creature to set it off.
Still it’s cheap as chips so worth a try.

TRIXES Garden Shed Wireless Motion Sensing Alarm – Home Security – Battery Powered - for Summer House Garages Caravans – Alarm System – with 2 x Remote Control

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I keep all my bikes in my house in a room next to my bedroom so they are all safe :D ( yes I am singel) , I have seen thieves with battery powered angle grinders take bikes at night so I would never dare have my bike parked in a garage at night, the new battery powered angle grinder are pretty quite too so it would be hard to hear.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Fitted these to our bikes great bits of kit and work really really well
Great start, but 10 minutes to fit is 10 minutes to remove and throw out of the van as they drive off. I'm sure scumbags troll forums for information so would be aware of these things. They can't all be stupid as well as immoral. Manufacturers could embed this into motors/bikes so it is integral. Then it would be more effective.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles