STOLEN

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
My new Levo Expert last night. Professional targeted job- they drilled out the garage door lock then used an angle grinder to cut through the ground anchor. Didn’t hear a thing (neither did the dog!). Absolutely gutted ?
Sorry to hear this, where about in the UK? It's every bike owners biggest fear. The lengths these scumbags will go to these days is ridiculous.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Any ideas how they might have known that you had a decent bike in your garage?

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
I think I might have been followed, or maybe just observed - I live in the middle of Bristol and always lots of people around and things going on. Here’s what they did to the Abus ground anchor

DDFF65F2-F49F-4A13-BA37-DA6F4E212F90.jpeg

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Strava? People uploading both tracks (starting from their homes) AND pics of the bike is like an open invitation...

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Sorry to hear this, where about in the UK? It's every bike owners biggest fear. The lengths these scumbags will go to these days is ridiculous.
I wonder if it's time for some techie deterrents like with phones? Each bike is registered to an owner and you can disable it by logging it as stolen. Would need some sort of data connection though ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I wonder if it's time for some techie deterrents like with phones? Each bike is registered to an owner and you can disable it by logging it as stolen. Would need some sort of data connection though ?
bosch has something similar already , in that your kiox device is the only device that will enable the bike to run, if you plug a different kiox into it the bike refuses to run.

So as long as you remove your kiox and keep it somewhere safe when you leave the bike in the garage, the bike 'should' be useless to anyone who takes it.

Doesnt stop them taking it in the first place though

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
See sense air have a gizmo that fits to your bike in an unobtrusive place and you get alerts when it’s moved, I know it’s not much help for you mate but if you get your bike back it’s a possible option, I’m getting it for my bike like really soon, I just hope the scumbags have a nasty end who stole it ?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
My new Levo Expert last night. Professional targeted job- they drilled out the garage door lock then used an angle grinder to cut through the ground anchor. Didn’t hear a thing (neither did the dog!). Absolutely gutted ?

for f##ks sake. My Levo was stolen about 4 weeks ago too. From my garage, also locked up. Completely targeted job too. They got the bike and went. Smashed two garage door windows. Didn't touch anything else in the garage and its packed full of stuff. They didn't even have a rummage. Took the charger as well. Mine wasn't insured... I've had to learn a hard lesson. Gutted with you and I know exactly how you feel. Its made me quite paranoid about who's watching.

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
Household insurance will hopefully cover some of it but waiting to hear back from them.

Don’t use Strava - I just think I’ve been seen/followed and they’ve probably done a reccy.

I’m just really angry but my wife’s in a bit of a state and wants to move. ?

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
for f##ks sake. Mine Levo was stolen about 4 weeks ago too. From my garage, also locked up. Completely targeted job too. They got the bike and went. Smashed two garage door windows. Didn't touch anything else in the garage and its packed full of stuff. They didn't even have a rummage. Took the charger as well. Mine wasn't insured... I've had to learn a hard lesson. Gutted with you and I know exactly how you feel. Its made me quite paranoid about who's watching.

Sounds just like my experience. Also nothing else taken - though nothing else of much value in there.

Sickening isn’t it.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
If you have house insurance make sure you claim for whatever you can. Including your locks, anchor and any other items. The insurance company will ask you to photograph invoices/receipts.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
That really sucks and I'm sorry this is happening. It amazes me that they put so much effort into stealing them. For the first month of ownership, I was so paranoid that I kept my levo in my living room - which my wife was no fan of.
I guess insurance is the best way forward until manufacturers - hello @Specialized Rider Care - have a security disable feature

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
This shows that ground anchors are useless when pro thieves are on the move. But so sad news
Every security device is useless when pro thieves want something , it’s the casual amateur chavs that are put off with good locks , chains and anchors ! I’ve had mx bikes nicked in the past so now always have the right home insurance.
Gutted for you !

maynard

A curse on you dogs . I think I better update my insurance. My bike is a bit under insured. When I lived in Africa. There was a guy who had his car stolen like twice . So he bought another car and left poison jack Daniels bottle in the car . They later found his car with two dead policemen inside . Now I don't think its ok to kill car thieves . But bike thieves ... um yes for shore .

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
For the first month of ownership, I was so paranoid that I kept my levo in my living room - which my wife was no fan of.@Specialized Rider Care - have a security disable feature

I still keep mine in the living room. I'm fortunate not to have a wife though :)
And guess what, it's never been stolen, so that's where it's staying.

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Social media postings also.

Not saying you have done this but it never fails to amaze me how naive some are when posting pictures of their bikes.

Over the years I've bought a lot of motorbikes unseen off eBay but always done my research. A bit of time and Google Street view and usually I can find the exact house where bikes are from the comfort of my settee.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
A curse on you dogs . I think I better update my insurance. My bike is a bit under insured. When I lived in Africa. There was a guy who had his car stolen like twice . So he bought another car and left poison jack Daniels bottle in the car . They later found his car with two dead policemen inside . Now I don't think its ok to kill car thieves . But bike thieves ... um yes for shore .
The cops might have apprehended the baddies and had a celebratery drink !

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
Really crazy they didn’t alarm your dog. Is your dog really old? Like most ebikes?
Don’t start me on the dog...bloody thing goes mental if a sparrow lands on a branch at the end of the garden, but sleeps through someone drilling out a lock and angle grinding a floor anchor not far away. 10 years of feeding and walking it and the useless animal muffs the first chance it gets.
(we love it really)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles