Steps Unlocker

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Downloaded steps unlocker this morning paid for the license all done within 30 minutes installed it on my new jam2 6.8 changed region to USA so now assists you to 20 mph played about with eco trail and boost settings fantastic app all works great well worth the money ?

Luke0770

Sep 8, 2019
Maidenhead
Nice!

I was thinking of doing this to Jam 6.8. The only thing I'm worried about is warranty. Shimano sell the motor in the USA, so the system is capable of doing the 20mph all day long.

So would shimano honor the warranty if it was set to 20mph? Because they do in the USA.

The 15mph limit is a limit set by the EU not shimano.
Your not technically your not breaking any rules set by shimano, just the EU.

Might have to email shimano.

Thanks
Luke

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
They will almost certainly say you are breaking the T&C by modifying thr settings using an unsupported app. The question is can they tell?

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I wouldn’t bother emailing Shimano, you will just get an official response - they won’t support you increasing the limit if you’re not in the US.... I know people who’ve used the app and had replacement motors under warranty, no problem... Having increased the limit to 20mph I now appreciate that 15mph is definitely too slow, it needs to be done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles