Steps Unlocker IOS

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
After updating my motor FW on my e120 900e with badass box 4 it made ìt ride just awful, constant w011 codes etc so looked for a solution and stumbled across this thread and now rolled back FW and got steps unlocker and after a quick test I'm back to loving my emtb. Off for a proper ride tomorrow so I'll be able to confirm everything's 100%

Nice, but if you don’t enjoy riding a restricted bike you’re doing it wrong ?

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
After updating my motor FW on my e120 900e with badass box 4 it made ìt ride just awful, constant w011 codes etc so looked for a solution and stumbled across this thread and now rolled back FW and got steps unlocker and after a quick test I'm back to loving my emtb. Off for a proper ride tomorrow so I'll be able to confirm everything's 100%

Same here, my Badass Box worked flawlessly for 2 months, I didn't even update the firmware and just one day constant W011 error codes. I've now got this one and it is better than perfect.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Same here, my Badass Box worked flawlessly for 2 months, I didn't even update the firmware and just one day constant W011 error codes. I've now got this one and it is better than perfect.
Yup, when it worked it was good although the speed limit was still annoying, not because it wasn't fast enough but because around where I live I link as many bridle ways as I can but there's lots of roads inbetween and I was comfatable on that limit so there was always that on/Off switching going on. Been out of the game for a while hence the e bike so it's more of a training tool at the moment, just need to shed a few KG then I'll start going to a few trail centres, lakes, peaks etc

Stormy 107

Jun 22, 2019
Yarm
No dude. Using the app this thread is about.
Just follow the instructions on the steps unlocker website. It shows how to down grade then make changes then how to reinstall fw 4.7, changed mine to us the other day and set back to fw 4.7. total dodle, took about a n hour and that was mostly paying for and waiting for the licence to arrive.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just follow the instructions on the steps unlocker website. It shows how to down grade then make changes then how to reinstall fw 4.7, changed mine to us the other day and set back to fw 4.7. total dodle, took about a n hour and that was mostly paying for and waiting for the licence to arrive.
eh?

I didn't have to downgrade at all.
That was my point.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Sorry, miss that. I did try to change in 4.7 but it was locked out. Can you copy your fw files and attach them as it would be good to be able to use them instead of having to downgrade to make changes.

No need to, apparently the latest version of Step Unlocker does it all on the latest firmware!!

From the man himself:

New version was uploaded to Google Play for FULL support of latest FWs (4.7.0 & 4.4.0 (E6xxx, E7000).
Downgrading is not required anymore.
Enjoy!

Stormy 107

Jun 22, 2019
Yarm
No need to, apparently the latest version of Step Unlocker does it all on the latest firmware!!

From the man himself:

New version was uploaded to Google Play for FULL support of latest FWs (4.7.0 & 4.4.0 (E6xxx, E7000).
Enjoy!
Just download the upgrade, shame he hasn't managed to fix the max speeds thought, that would have been good for a bit of fun.

Gasser

Feb 6, 2019
Sidmouth Devon
Been using the Steps Unlocker for a while now, really pleased with it, only changed the speed restriction by changing the location to US, now here in Devon, never hit the assist wall at all, exactly what I wanted. Plus I have the Eco, Trail and Boost dailed right down, and the range has really extended.My only other want now is, 5 levels of assist instead of 3, as I ride with so many different people in different locations / terrain, maybe one day.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey

From the man himself:

Enjoy!

Don you know of that’s for iOS as well?

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Just changed my Decoy to US region with the latest app upgrade without having to downgrade the firmware, sweet! 32kmh on the flat, much more reasonable, no plans to take it further, don't need to stress the motor........

Reactions: MsO

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Just changed my Decoy to US region with the latest app upgrade without having to downgrade the firmware, sweet! 32kmh on the flat, much more reasonable, no plans to take it further, don't need to stress the motor........

On iOS? Are you sure?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
iOS update not yet in App Store (at least here in the U.S.), but here's the updated instruction manual reflecting the small update changes, if anyone is interested (or didn't know there was a manual)

EDIT: manual can be downloaded from https://www.stunlocker.com

Last edited:

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Drove myself a little crazy trying to connect Steps Unlocker to my bike until I remembered I had my iPhone in my pocket as well as the android phone I've got the app on and the 2 bluetooth connections were interfering!

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Talked to vadll - just for clarity, the delay with the iOS update is just waiting for Apple to update their servers with the new version. It's not the end of the world, just wait a little haha

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Talked to vadll - just for clarity, the delay with the iOS update is just waiting for Apple to update their servers with the new version. It's not the end of the world, just wait a little haha
No, the delay is caused by the fact that Apple stuff need 1-7 days to check each version before uploading it to the AppStore.

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
My bike seems to pick up speed so quickly descending I don’t usually notice the limiter when it’s pointed downhill. If it’s a flat trail I do find you need to ensure you’re changing gears as if riding a regular MTB, if you rely on the (restricted) motor and go to smash the pedals above 25km it’s easier said than done if you’re not in the right gear!

All of my local trails tend to be tight single track but I can imagine if things open up a bit, and don’t have much of a gradient, 25km is a little frustrating - the EU should really just raise the limit by 5km!

My ideal ride at the moment is 2.5 hours, 40km, circa 800-900 meters of climbing, riding between eco and trail. I get home with around 5km left before it’s flat so de restricting will likely mean I’m flat before I’m home!
Interesting to see that sunday we were both left with similar range at the end when you were running restricted and I was de restricted! Surprised really!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Interesting to see that sunday we were both left with similar range at the end when you were running restricted and I was de restricted! Surprised really!

Yeah, but I guess out of 30km we rode I would have only been pedalling above the 25km for 1-2km as we were riding together?

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I have made the downgrade FW before notice that it was not necessary anymore and now would like to return to the latest 4.7.0, how can I do it? Use the shimano app or what?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles