Steps motor removal?

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Anyone dropped the motor on their vitus yet? Got a new dropper to install and the cable routing snags directly above the motor, a rats nest of cables.
Are the big torx (t40?) bolts on the left hand side of the bike regular threaded? Proving stubborn to remove and don't want to break anything!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Why not just reuse the existing cable outer, that’s what I did.

The motor should drop out fairly easily, I have done it a few time but can’t ever there being any odd threading etc. Away at the moment so don’t have bike in front of me to jog my memory.

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
yep i have done it for the same reason as you. found it very easy the motor pivots out on the rear 2 bolts holding it in place. its a lot simpler then you would think
IMG_3696.jpg

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
All done! Needed an impact driver and that loosened the bolts off, all loctited up! Dropper now works like a dream.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@tonyker I like how the e-vacuum tidy's up after e-bike maintenance ..

So if you just drop off the 4 chainwheel bolts, you can access the 4 forward motor bolts and viola ? When I looked at mine I thought I wouldn't be able to access them for some reason and spent hours threading the cable round the motor and through the frame whilst learning new swear words. Next time ...

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
@tonyker I like how the e-vacuum tidy's up after e-bike maintenance ..

So if you just drop off the 4 chainwheel bolts, you can access the 4 forward motor bolts and viola ? When I looked at mine I thought I wouldn't be able to access them for some reason and spent hours threading the cable round the motor and through the frame whilst learning new swear words. Next time ...

of cause she does a good job ahaha

yep you can access them all quite simply

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles