Steps chainring?

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Saw this the other day too thought it looked smart ...

Screenshot_20190805-235001_eBay.jpg

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
You have to be careful with direct mount as there is two chainlines, 50 and 53mm, how your chainguide mounts (motor or frame) determines which one.

Last edited:

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I've got a 2018 Focus jam2 and am looking around for a way to get a lower 1st gear than 46:34. I noticed that the Norco Shimano ebike using a 32 t chainring but don't know if that will work on my bike. I find I can't stay in ECO as much as I like to with the bikes taller gearing when climbing slow very steep hills and have to resort to more assist and a higher speed than I want too. Does anyone know what Norco uses? I've looked at FUNN bikes but I don't think they are in the US and didn't see a 32t on their site.

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Just make sure it is steel - there's a ton of load on the chainrings on an eMTB.
I'm trying a 7075 for fit for now. Yes the SS is the long term option I'm looking at. I see Sunrace makes a cassette that is 11-50. But there are two issues, might need a "goat link" and my chain is 126 links with two quick links to fit. I can't find anything in the states beyond 126 links from Shimano. A 32t up front would help but that 50 might just be too big for even two quick links and 126 to work. For some reason the 30t chainrings don't seem to compatible with the ebike carrier and 1x11. I don't know if it's a chainline issue or what but that's what I've found so far.

I just saw the sunrace 11-50 cassette for Shimano. I've had a major issue with the last sunrace cassette I bought. I finally gave up on trying to make it shift (8 to 9th I think and 9th to 8th) and put an XT cassette on which shifted perfectly without any adjustment over my optimal settings with the Sunrace. I struggled for a week or two with the Sunrace. I had a sunrace on my analog bike and it worked great. I had a very tough time getting Jenson to take the Sunrace back but after about a month they finally gave me my money back.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I'm trying a 7075 for fit for now. Yes the SS is the long term option I'm looking at. I see Sunrace makes a cassette that is 11-50. But there are two issues, might need a "goat link" and my chain is 126 links with two quick links to fit. I can't find anything in the states beyond 126 links from Shimano. A 32t up front would help but that 50 might just be too big for even two quick links and 126 to work. For some reason the 30t chainrings don't seem to compatible with the ebike carrier and 1x11. I don't know if it's a chainline issue or what but that's what I've found so far.

I just saw the sunrace 11-50 cassette for Shimano. I've had a major issue with the last sunrace cassette I bought. I finally gave up on trying to make it shift (8 to 9th I think and 9th to 8th) and put an XT cassette on which shifted perfectly without any adjustment over my optimal settings with the Sunrace. I struggled for a week or two with the Sunrace. I had a sunrace on my analog bike and it worked great. I had a very tough time getting Jenson to take the Sunrace back but after about a month they finally gave me my money back.

Any feedback on how the alloy chainring is holding up vs steel?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles