Standover height of small Jam2 6.8 Plus?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Unless you can access the geometry table and work it out from that, the best thing I can suggest is to take a tape measure with you the next time you visit to Focus dealer. Or ask them to measure it for you. If they don't have a small in stock, ask them to measure the standover for whatever size they have and scale it off the length of the seat tube.

The seat tube lengths are 410(S), 440(M), 470(L)
The distance is from the centre of the BB to the top of the seat tube.

Best I can do.
I have a large NINE, so too unlike to just give you a measurement (but it's 730mm to the corner of the top and seat tubes. That's 28.7" with the suspension uncompressed).

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
Hi Charlie, I have the same bike and I can confirm that the lowest point of the top tube (next to saddle) is 28.5’ (715mm) but the realistic stand over height is 32’ (810mm). I am 5’7” (1.7m) with a 28’ (710mm) inside leg and my undercarriage is firmly on top of the top tube. It’s not a show stopper but standing over isn’t the comfiest. Hope this helps

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Hi Charlie, I have the same bike and I can confirm that the lowest point of the top tube (next to saddle) is 28.5’ (715mm) but the realistic stand over height is 32’ (810mm). I am 5’7” (1.7m) with a 28’ (710mm) inside leg and my undercarriage is firmly on top of the top tube. It’s not a show stopper but standing over isn’t the comfiest. Hope this helps
Taking this topic back up as I wanted to say thanks to @Billy1mate (even though it seems he/she is not an active user anymore).

I am trying to buy a new e-bike to my wife and having this info was pretty important.

I am not sure how much the 2021 version of this Focus Jam2 changed, but I just ordered a 6.7 Nine 2021 in size S for my wife. She has very similar measures as Billy1mate. When the bike is delivered I will share more measures and details on how it fits.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
BTW: I am really surprised that Focus does not publish the standover height... they have it mentioned in the gemoetry picture but they do not publish it. Moreover looks like they have very high bikes... the size S has a standover that is much higher than the one of my TL S3.... :(

rpr

Sep 22, 2022
Northern GA
Not sure if this is a well known fact or not, but I’ll just add that published stand over heights can be very misleading. Good thread with the above comment about “realistic” stand over heights varying from the published stand over height as the manufacturers generally measure the point directly below the nose of the seat. That’s not generally representative at all of your overall contact surface.

Case in point. On the Levo SL’s, the Medium frames have a published stand over height that’s significantly lower than their Large frames, as you might expect. However, in reality there’s more stand over clearance on their Large frames because their Large frames have a longer top tube length which allows for a much more significant “bend” in the top tube (it’s more horizontal on the portion you stand over). The top tube on the Levo SL Medium frame has almost no bend due to the tighter cockpit, it’s essentially a straight bar (tilted upwards).

I’ve seen this on other bikes as well. Smaller cockpits on smaller frames push you further up the top bar which almost always has a significant rise to it, so larger frames can in fact have lower actual stand over heights which contradicts their published specs.

Hope the purchase works out for you.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Makes sense what you say. My TL (S3) standover is indeed slightly lower than my anaolg FS in size S.

In any case, I am sure it works for my wife but I will confirm when we have the bike home and go for a first ride.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I confirm that the real standover of the size S is in fact about 810mm. It's a pretty high bike!!

rpr

Sep 22, 2022
Northern GA
Thanks, good to know, scratched off the list as an option for my wife. Don’t think any FS bikes will work for her small size.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Something like an Unno Mith has quite a steeply angled top tube and might give better standover ?

1667833403086.png

A pivot shuttle SL has quite a low top tube also.

1667833640803.png

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Thanks, good to know, scratched off the list as an option for my wife. Don’t think any FS bikes will work for her small size.
Look at Orbea and Lapierre. They both have a lower standover from what I see :)
Consider though that my wife is not tall and she is getting used to drop off the bike in the proper way, avoiding to touch the standover :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles